Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

Does being god mean taking 100% responsibility?

28 posts in this topic

Being god and the only one would mean taking 100% responsibility for literally everything, is that correct or are there other opinions on this? 

Here some examples:

You study from a mental illness, which brings brings you severe panick and anxiety and paranoia.

Is it your own fault from the perspective of the ill human? How can you even take responsibility in such a situation and do something about it? Manye severe cases are totally dependant on caretakers. 

Or does being god not mena that yiu are responsible for things that happen to your life and to the world ans therefore a message to lay back and let the universe happen, which woulld imply that you have no control over anything

1. Realizing that one is God is equivalent to realizing that everything goes.
2. There is absolutely no control over life and there is full control over it. You, as God, decide what it's gonna be - or not.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

5 minutes ago, Schahin said:

Being god and the only one would mean taking 100% responsibility for literally everything, is that correct or are there other opinions on this? 

Here some examples:

You study from a mental illness, which brings brings you severe panick and anxiety and paranoia.

Is it your own fault from the perspective of the ill human? How can you even take responsibility in such a situation and do something about it? Manye severe cases are totally dependant on caretakers. 

Or does being god not mena that yiu are responsible for things that happen to your life and to the world ans therefore a message to lay back and let the universe happen, which woulld imply that you have no control over anything

“If you don’t do what you can’t do, there is no problem. But if you don’t do what you can do, you’re a disaster.” Sadhguru 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

This boils down to the usage of “you”. If one tries to see a transcendent Self from the perspective of a finite self, it won’t make sense. 

It’s like asking “If I punched someone, were my muscles cells responsible? Or were my neurons responsible? Should a neuron just lay back like they had no control?”

This frame doesn’t make sense because it is conflating two conscious levels. Your personhood is transcendent of all the cells in your body. Talking about you from the perspective of a muscle cell wouldn’t make sense. To say “I didn’t punch him, the muscle cells in my body punched him!” doesn’t quite work. Yet a being would need to transcend the cells in their body to realize this. Similarly “You” are transcendent of the self construct of “you”. Speaking of the transcendent “You” from the perspective of a self construct of “you” won’t make sense. One needs to transcend the self construct of “me” to realize this.

35 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

1. Realizing that one is God is equivalent to realizing that everything goes.
2. There is absolutely no control over life and there is full control over it. You, as God, decide what it's gonna be - or not.

Yep. This is the concept that allows for the moving of the goal posts in an infinite amount of ways. It's like picking the Get Out of Jail Free card in Monopoly just when you really need it. 

34 minutes ago, Bill W said:

Yep. This is the concept that allows for the moving of the goal posts in an infinite amount of ways. It's like picking the Get Out of Jail Free card in Monopoly just when you really need it. 

@Bill W Well, then how would you put it differently to fit your personal standards and views better? 

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

The question did not really get answered though. Whose fault is it that the human is mentally ill?

Is the human responsible for his mental illness and his paranoia and delusions? 

Suppose I were a mentally ill person now it wouldnt make sense for me if you told me now that I do not exist, because apparently I am struggling with the illness :)))

I hope a better answer about life and responsibility as being god can come through here. If form and formless are the same and reality that we see is god itself as changing forms it wouldnt make sense to say we dont exist, because we obviously do and have our worries and when we find out that we are actually god and all one and that reality is an illusory separation, it still does not make us leave the dream because otherwise we would not be here talking to each other.

So considering all this. Does the mentally ill person have to take 100% for his mental illness as he is god and how does he do that? or should he just accept and know he is god but certainly the godhead is under control and not the human.

Edited by Schahin

@Schahin Your questions are putting stress on traditional framework that a “you” exists and a concept of a god separate from “you” exists. We can intellectualize on this framework, yet eventually it will collapse. Yet this can take years  (or decades) of intellectualizing.

I would put more pressure on this underlying framework and deconstruct it. . . . How can we assign responsibility to a person, when we don't understand what a person is? How can we assign attributes to god without direct experience and understanding of god?

I would back up the truck and inquire who/what is this “you”? Who/what is this “person”? Who/what is god? Without depth in these areas, intellectualizing about how persons and god interact will be superficial. This is much deeper and radical than you realize. 

I am just asking if knowing you are god or even realizing it, if you then need to take 100% responsibility for everything or if the "universe keeps doing these things without your control for example you getting mentally ill.

If you realize you are god I am sure you will be cured of any mental illness, but if you have not become conscious yet that you are god, but you heard it several times through enlightened people that you are god and now you are asking yourself should I just accept, trust and accept my illness as a divine order, divine plan or divine lesson that I God want to go through?

Or should I totally do something against it right now, as this suffering is incredibly debilitating and there is nobody else here than me and I am fully in control of everything in my life, because whoelse should be?

How must your attitude towards you illness be? I am god and I have this illness all alone and there is nobody but me so I am totally under control and having this illness  which I cannot do anything about it (allthough I am god), I am screwed because I am god and totally by myself, how can I be god and the only one and gotten this illness but didnt even want it, how did this happen?

-->>Or: I might be god but it is not under my (human)control that I have become ill and it is the overall encompassing consciousness which is my higher awoken self  that wanted my human story to go through this illness, and I am not alone even being god, but I am also still a human with a severe mental illness and the godhead (which is ultimately me but I am not conscious of it now) must have had a good reason to give me this illness and I just need to accept and trust, because I ultimately wanted this illness ( I just cannot be conscious of it now, maybe god wants to see  how a life with mental illness is).

I hope it makes sense

What attitude is one supposed to take knowing that you are god. Trust, accept and let things happen because it could have not happened otherwise 

-->Or: It could always have happened otherwise as you are god you are totally under control of everything because there is noone else here than you, (then the human asks: But how did I give myself this severe mentally disabling illness, it must have been a higher force, how can I be god and not be able to resolve this illness?)

I know brother, thought stories and more thought stories ,but I would just like to know how must I be knowing that I am god am I responsible for everything that happens 100%? 

Let's say you @Serotoninluv have a severe debilitating mental illness, and you have realized you are god and there is noone else here than you. 

What attitude would you take? Would you say allright I am god but as long as I am in this story I am definitely not  constantly conscious of the godhead nevertheless the godhead is always there and made me have this illness and I accept it and be fine with it.

Or would you say, allright I know I am god, it is only me that exists, nothing and no separate godhead actually cares about my illness or had this "mission" planned for my particular human life, because there is nobody than me and I am experiencing some really debilitating stuff and dont know what to do as I am god and its all in my responsibility, and me knowing that I dont even exist is not getting me out of this illness in any way.

If I suffer extreme paranoias right now and come here on the forum for example and ask what to do about it, and will be told that I dont even exist, that would not make any sense to me even if it is the truth, but even realizing we are in a dream, we still dont exit the dream and therefore we exist within the dream and how do we react in these situations then? How can someone who is mentally ill be responsible for his illness? 

Edited by Schahin

@Schahin This is just my take: I think it would be best to first consider the illusory nature of a personal self. Adding in a traditional external god with divine plans muddies the waters, imo. For example, right now I have a headache. If I am god, why can’t I stop my headache? Is god choosing that I should have a headache? These questions are arising from a personal level of consciousness. 

Consider removing the god part for a bit. Asking if a person should take 100% responsibility assumes that there is a person and asks if an occurrence is caused by the choices this person has made. This construct has practical value at the human level. Yet let’s take a closer look. . . Who/what is this person? If we are to assign responsibility to a person, there must be a person that has agency to make choices and cause effects. Assigning responsibility to the apparent proximal cause (the person) is convenient and has practical value. Yet if we look deeper into ultimate cause, we will start to see many inputs outside the person that contributed to cause. The number of inputs expands to infinity, such that no thing or set of things cause the effect. We are left with One/Nothing/Everything/Universe. Yet this truth does not have much value at a relative human level. 

Some people may refer to this One/Nothing/Everything/Universe as “god”. This is transcendent of a personality construct. Or we could introduce a god with agency that has a divine plan. The tricky thing here is lower conscious ideas of an external god that makes decisions and has a plan. These ideas about god have been conditioned into most humans and using these assumptions will distort understanding. Higher understandings of god are much more expansive and I would say direct experience of such consciousness is really important to gain understanding. Taken together, I think it would be more efficient to ask your questions with substituting “One/Everything/Nothing” instead of “god”. This can help get trans-personal realizations without the baggage of “god” terminology getting in the way. 

If the inquiry is about a personal illness, the desire for Truth may be quite strong - yet so is personal attachment and identification.

Hmm well yeah it all boils down to there is no human^^ 

It is just complicated to find out who takes the decisions, who is in control. It is easy to say you, but I am not conscious of being the all, and I have no idea how I move the earth around the sun each day, I have no idea how I create thunder and the sounds of the birds everyday. But they are me too, so how dont I control them If I am god. Maybe I only control this particular human experience as Schahin and you only for @Serotoninluv and basically we are the same but have separate autonomy over assigned human stories? 

But If the human has no autonomy and is not in control and remains solely an illusion of the godhead, then it leads to the idea of a divine plan again, because if there is no plan, then every single human would have an autonomous authority of gods will. If it is only gods will exerting everything, then the human just follows the instructions of his subconscious "plan".

If I get a mental illness now, who planned it for me as  a not conscious human? The godhead/real me. but I am not yet conscious of real me. Does it mean my level of consciousness is gods level of consciousness or does it mean that god is always superconscious independently of the human character? If yes then my higher consciousness regulates all happenings in the world superconsciously trying to get "somewhere" and not my lower conscious human self, and therefore this must direct to a plan, or could there be another explanation?

It seems to me that the godhead is not separate of the human character, but does this mean the human does have control over whatever happens to his life or is it the superconscious godhead giving subconscious instructions to the lower conscious human character.

If it is not the superconscious godhead deciding on the human, but the lower conscious not awoken god in human form then how did he receive the debilitating mental illness? It did not occur with his wanting or will it did occur out of nowhere. 

If I do not exist as a human but have total autonomy over my human dream as I am god, then how come I end up with a severe debilitating mental illness, which involves paranoia, delusions, panick, anxiety (I dont have a mental illness, but know someone that has and it bugs me to know if its his own fault, which does not make sense to me). Is the mentally ill person responsible for the illness as he is god, or is he not in control and should only trust and accept the "plan" of its superconscious higher self, or is there no superconscious higher self as long as the person has not awoken and the person has total autonomy as god in human form and needs to take 100% responsibility for his illness and realize its his own fault? But that does not make sense, how can he realize the mental illness is his own fault, when it came out of nowhere? 

I hope it makes sense

Edited by Schahin

@Schahin I think you ask some good questions, yet I don't think I can answer them properly. The way you frame it has a controller and something to control. This may be true and I totally get how it can be framed that way. If someone has an opportunity to experience being god, it seems natural that they would want to find out "How do I do it?", "How does this whole thing work?". I can see how deeply spiritual people would pursue those questions and that there are meaningful awakenings there. Yet to me, those questions seem important to the person at the human level. Ime with "trans-human" consciousness, questions and curiosities important to humans was no longer important. Rather than being a god that controls all things, it would be closer to say I was all things. But even that can be misinterpreted with the term "I". 

This piece you wrote is so poignant. It reflects the love, wonder and yearning within the human spirit. It's so beautiful.

1 hour ago, Schahin said:

I have no idea how I move the earth around the sun each day, I have no idea how I create thunder and the sounds of the birds everyday. But they are me too, so how don't I control them If I am god.

They say, there is no I, no doer, no chooser

only awareness being aware of itself.

If awareness is only aware of itself, who does the creating the choosing the coming into a particular life, particular nationality, particular family.

So awareness must be more than only being aware but also choosing and doing and talking, laughing, creating the perfection of nature, flowers, bees, insects, flowers, cells, atoms, does awarenees create this all simultaneously in harmony or does it subdivide itself in autonomous awarenesses that create and unfold a unique story?

If we awaken as god, can we then create the story? If we can never create it as there is no chooser, no person ever, only awareness, how is there no divine plan then, a determined unfolding of the one awareness?

@Serotoninluv If you have awoken already and you found out there is no-doer only awareness. Do you mind to tell me what you have realized how decisions and actions are actually taken?

Edited by Schahin

1 hour ago, Schahin said:

@Serotoninluv If you have awoken already and you found out there is no-doer only awareness. Do you mind to tell me what you have realized how decisions and actions are actually taken?

Below is just what is arising in me. As a person, I am not an authority. Others may give different insights that resonate with you.

I think when people talk about decisions and actions, they are 99.99% at the personal level. "How do I make decisions?", "How do I take actions?". This has practical value for survival. Decisions and actions are how we navigate through life. In terms of evolution, reflecting on prior decisions and considering how we can improve our future decisions has an evolutionary advantage. And only humans can do it.

Yet if we take a closer look, it's an illusion. Decisions depend on a timeline and a story. Nothing wrong with that. But that aint happening Now. If one surrenders into Now, there is no person and there are no decisions. It would be more accurate to say that there are happenings without a "me" taking ownership of it. There may be thoughts about decisions happening Now, yet in the context of Now they have no more relevance than bird chirps. Stories like “I decided to have cereal with blueberries. Then I decided to do Yoga instead of running because it was hot outside” - are just stories. Yet that’s what humans do - a big part of our life is storytelling.

However, there may be a transcendent form of decisions. A god-like mechanism of decisions. Yet this would be a  different context than how we normally use the term decision since it would be transcendent of the person. I haven’t heard anyone communicate on this level, yet Leo seems to be exploring this area. I have limited direct experience in this area.

Wow, what you say sounds unreal, doesnt this imply a plan or a determined unfolding? 

6 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Below is just what is arising in me. As a person, I am not an authority. Others may give different insights that resonate with you.

I think when people talk about decisions and actions, they are 99.99% at the personal level. "How do I make decisions?", "How do I take actions?". This has practical value for survival. Decisions and actions are how we navigate through life. In terms of evolution, reflecting on prior decisions and considering how we can improve our future decisions has an evolutionary advantage. And only humans can do it.

Yet if we take a closer look, it's an illusion. Decisions depend on a timeline and a story. Nothing wrong with that. But that aint happening Now. If one surrenders into Now, there is no person and there are no decisions. It would be more accurate to say that there are happenings without a "me" taking ownership of it. There may be thoughts about decisions happening Now, yet in the context of Now they have no more relevance than bird chirps. Stories like “I decided to have cereal with blueberries. Then I decided to do Yoga instead of running because it was hot outside” - are just stories. Yet that’s what humans do - a big part of our life is storytelling.

However, there may be a transcendent form of decisions. A god-like mechanism of decisions. Yet this would be a  different context than how we normally use the term decision since it would be transcendent of the person. I haven’t heard anyone communicate on this level, yet Leo seems to be exploring this area. I have limited direct experience in this area.

This thread is exciting.

Do we choose ?

Or this question is similar to me farting ?

I think responsibility is an illusion. There are just too many variables that influences what we do. I believe in Spinoza's determinism. We do what we do because of x number of reasons of which we may have no idea and we may think it may look like we may be doing it but in reality we have no control, we are just a series of impulses. To prove this all we have to do is follow the reasons behind our action, and we will see that there is an outside cause.

The mentally ill person acts in a way that is off the normal standard human behavior, whereas normal people act  in the normal way, but both are acting spontaneously.

Responsibility implies there is someone who is a doer, there is a decision maker, but isn't the decision maker influenced from outside? The decision maker himself is influenced by many many factors which influences  his decision.  Micho Kaku in a bigthink vid said that Einstein said- Criminals are fated to commit crime, they are not responsible because from birth and their environment their fate has been sealed, but still they should be put in jail.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

17 minutes ago, Ibn Sina said:

I think responsibility is an illusion. There are just too many variables that influences what we do. I believe in Spinoza's determinism. We do what we do because of x number of reasons of which we may have no idea and we may think it may look like we may be doing it but in reality we have no control, we are just a series of impulses. To prove this all we have to do is follow the reasons behind our action, and we will see that there is an outside cause.

The mentally ill person acts in a way that is off the normal standard human behavior, whereas normal people act  in the normal way, but both are acting spontaneously.

Responsibility implies there is someone who is a doer, there is a decision maker, but isn't the decision maker influenced from outside? The decision maker himself is influenced by many many factors which influences  his decision.  Micho Kaku in a bigthink vid said that Einstein said- Criminals are fated to commit crime, they are not responsible because from birth and their environment their fate has been sealed, but still they should be put in jail.

You put words on one of my réalisation.

Great post.

Can someone Beat you on this ?

I see many people talking responsability. Especially leo.

Cause maybe the thought of being a cells acting in a mathematical way is too heavy to carry on.

And by cells It's just imagery - meta. I could use any words

This sound as truth to me. Even if that's a mindfuck to know that you're a stick in a storm

"“You are not controlling the storm, and you are not lost in it. You are the storm.” - Sam Harris

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."