ActualizedDavid

Movies about Awakening ◉_◉

109 posts in this topic

https://youtu.be/zSMHmtaoXtI

Book of Eli

This movie fills me with so much gratitude for the things I have now ??? God bless us ?

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

4A94BBBA-15C8-4D85-B5F6-EBF215F612DF.jpeg
One of the greats, because this movie shows you the beauty of “mentally ill” people that most people would just label them crazy, especially at that time.

9BC08663-7DC5-439E-8E24-62AA503A8851.jpeg
The most spiritual horror movie I know of, it deals with mental illness, psychology, and Vietnam.

Consciousness can get very twisted and hellish very fast.

Edited by Finax

Has anyone seen 'Rebirth' ?

I'm half way in and I'm loving it!

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss

4 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Has anyone seen 'Rebirth' ?

I'm half way in and I'm loving it!

I just waisted an 1:30.

Pointless movie (my opinion)

@OneIntoOne Yeah, I was kinda disappointed too later on.. But I think there are some cool pointers. Cool scenes. And I dig the concept.

The Fountain (2006) - Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

On 5/30/2021 at 6:42 AM, acidgoofy said:

Recently watched 'Uncut Gems' as suggested by @Heart of Space in another thread.

Great message, really well done!

Another suggestion of mine would be The Wizard of Oz.

On 1/16/2021 at 0:10 AM, martins name said:

Grace and Grit comes out soon. It's about Ken Wilber and his wife.

Its here, have not seen it yet  but it would be great if this was a view into a Game B, Tier 2 relationship.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 5/30/2021 at 7:42 AM, acidgoofy said:

Recently watched 'Uncut Gems' as suggested by @Heart of Space in another thread.

Great message, really well done!

I loved it! Great allegory for enlightenment too.

I’ve just watched a movie called ‘Chaos Walking’. Really good film. Now it’s not about awakening, but it has a concept of everyone being able to hear and in some cases see each others thoughts. There’s a good story to it that aside it’s a good watch. But where I’m relating it to spirituality is that if you take the concept of reading people’s thoughts, reading their minds, and the fact that many people seem to think that if we’re one, all God, that we should be able to access other people’s minds, that the reality of that would not be as fantastical as it sounds. Infact it would be horrendous if that were to be the case. Why anybody would want such a thing is beyond me. I’ve no doubt it would be a serious regret for someone if they were actually able to do it in realty. The film portrays the idea really well, along with a visual aspect of the concept too. Just watching it made me conscious of how perfect reality is, as it is. And any of these egoic desires anyone may have to improve upon Gods design with thinking such a thing as accessing other minds would be a good thing would be seriously misguided. It would make you nothing short of totally insane if you had to deal with accessing other minds. Reality is absolutely perfect. Yea so I advise anyone to give it a watch. It’s worth it anyway even if you arnt relating it to anything like that

"Pay It Forward" ^_^

Lol the little boy in this film actually kind of reminds me of Leo! He plays an adorable, enlightened, "big-picture" thinker (and genius :P) who essentially notices the pain, adversities, and absurdity of the human condition and desperately strives and works to correct that and help change the world.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

'American Beauty' is a film that always meant a lot to me, it's about the awakening of desire in a soulless, consumerist world and the (re)discovery of the mysterious beauty that pervades all of life but which can so easily be overlooked. It's very funny in places, too, but above all else it's a film that spoke to me in a profound way:

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

"Waking Life"

This movie is brilliant. :x It centers around a guy who travels through a series of random encounters having various metaphysical/ontological discussions. It is one of the most philosophical films you can watch! I highly recommend it. 9_9

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love"