Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meditationdude

Spiraling out - I want to quit

10 posts in this topic

Today I’m having one of those days where I just want to quit everything (all personal and spiritual development, my career, friendships, all of it). Suffering on another level even though everything in my life is going really well. 

Ive been on this growth journey for over 4 years and I haven’t had any real gains lately (past 6 months) and life is stagnating hard. My meditations suck and my attention levels suck and I’m always bored. 

What the fuck is going on?!? 

idk - maybe just stop everything and focus on something entire different  - some new sport, new enviremement or whatever there is.  for me: if I want gains - I get them with different things as martial arts, or earning some money - if i link spirituality with gaining: its not really working, its pretty hard to messure - as there is just is , its more like a unpeeling then a gaining.

best wishes m8

46 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

Ive been on this growth journey for over 4 years and I haven’t had any real gains lately (past 6 months) and life is stagnating hard. My meditations suck and my attention levels suck and I’m always bored. 

What the fuck is going on?!? 

Inquire into this. Perhaps you have been addicted to the dopamine rush of success? Putting focus into being ok being stagnate is actually where a lot of growth can happen. 

Avoiding boredom is often a cause from being addicted to the stimulation. Put some time into being bored. Get with it. Flow with it. Don't beat yourself up for your meditation and attention levels, its counter-productive to getting better. Put attention into accepting those aspects of yourself. You are exactly who you are suppose to be right now, there is pretty of room in the future for doing better. Its ok.

Edited by Shadowraix

That's just how growth goes. 

Grow grow grow.....plateau....grow grow grow....plateau...grow grow grow....etc..

It's normal. 

You can growth without any méditation practices at all.

Karma yoga is way better. Working mastery hard. Like wanting to be godlike at art. Way more powerful.

Especially if you medidate for another authority than yourself. Bad way to méditate.

@Shadowraix ya I feel like after my last two mushroom trips I had a backlash - started watching tv again, eating out and fucking around on my phone. I used to never watch tv or want to be on my phone. 

I’m gonna watch out for overstimulation and see if it improves my mood. Thanks man 

8 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

@Shadowraix ya I feel like after my last two mushroom trips I had a backlash - started watching tv again, eating out and fucking around on my phone. I used to never watch tv or want to be on my phone. 

I’m gonna watch out for overstimulation and see if it improves my mood. Thanks man 

Glad to help. I wish you the best. :D

Don't worry, you're just tired.

Drink some water, enjoy some food, relax, breathe, rest, sleep.

You have discharged all of your power, time to recharge.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Maybe you need to reconnect to nature. Try going for a long walk alone in nature and let all your thoughts roam freely . They are allowed to be there but you don't need to believe them! :) 

Good luck with your journey!

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Rigel thanks man, just got back from paddle boarding on this empty quarry by my house, I feel much better.