AlldayLoop

Meditation Bringing Back Random Memories

4 posts in this topic

The deeper and more consistent I get into this consciousness work, the more insights and memories I seem to be getting.

One facet that intrigues me the most is having a spontaneous, vivid flashback from when I was a child during a meditation session. This phenomena has happened a few times during different sessions. The flashback is only for a split second, but it’s as if I am reliving that exact moment again and it feels very real. The best way I can describe it is like how someone could show you a random photograph that you were in from years ago - a photograph that’s an insignificant memory and that you don’t care about. The flashback takes it a step further, though, in that you actually relive that moment for a second and are actually in it. That’s what makes it seemingly significant all of a sudden.

As an example I was meditating yesterday; maybe 15 minutes into it I had a split second flashback from when I was at a friend’s birthday party - around the age of 7 (I’m 23 now). I suppose I was happy during that moment which is why I relived it all of a sudden..? I just could never imagine in my normal state of consciousness that it’s possible to relive or recall an exact moment like that ever again, but insights like this open me more and more to what is and what’s not possible.

Have you experienced anything similar to this? What do you make of it? I can’t even remember what I did yesterday, lol.

Usually it happens when i am being and validating my emotional side.

The mind sometimes needs healing and it will bring up a memory to get attention from the unconditional loving presence that one is exuding during meditation.

A child subconscious mind is formed up to 8 years of age. We absorb our environment like a sponge and cannot rationalize about anything that is going on with us until the age of 8. 

So some memories will be suppressed until one "allowes" them to come up often until adulthood to reintegrate them back with the personality. 

I think your experiences are somewhat different than mine. They sound more positive atleast. 

Learned this from a book called The completion process. 

Edited by Wlangr

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

During vipassana retreats i used to have memories of past coming up. Guruji said those where past Karmas, and u have to sit through it without any desire or aversion. It goes of. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi