Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dwarniel

Can someone explain ego to me?

26 posts in this topic

Hey, I haven't really figured this out

I know experiences of ego death is possible, but is it possible to kill it permanently? Do you even want to do that? In that case, How would you even function/survive in the world? 

On my journey I started out as a weakling, severve victimhood. As I began growing in spirituality and personal development, I experienced my ego growing? Where I earlier felt despair and hopelessness I now felt pride, determination and even an aggressive energy in some cases. I've continued my work, and now I feel more grounded in acceptance, being and equanimity - But I still feel like my ego is bigger than when I first started out. I had a really weak and shattered ego, I feel like I've been repairing it through these techniques rather than shedding it. But I don't know if my ego is huge or if it just seems bigger because I'm hyper aware of it? The thing is, I don't really act on my ego the same way I used to when I was younger. I'm mostly observing it. And also I'm laughing at it alot because it's acting so absurd and selfish at times. But it most defenetly feels louder and more...there?

Sooo... Is it possible to completely rid yourself of the ego / do you really want that? Or do you arrive at a place where you "hear" the ego but are able to not identify with it? Or how the fuck does this work? And oh, is my experience of a growing ego normal or have I done something wrong? 

Edited by Dwarniel

...But what if the opposite is true?

This is actually a question that has bothered me a lot too. The ego is commonly described as resistance to what is. For objects to appear there has to be a subject. A knower and a known. The infinite has to divide itself to know an outside world that is separate from itself. In the absolute view there is no subject nor object, and that in my understanding means that there is no ego or world. My ego has had a hard time with this, as this would literally mean death to it. Questions like "how do I keep functioning in this world if I'm not there or aware of it anymore?" Appear alot. This is just the ego trying to grasp something that is way beyond it though. If there is total unity, there is no world, which would suggest that the world indeed is only a dream of the mind. 

According to Jung, the ego represents the conscious mind as it comprises the thoughts, memories, and emotions a person is aware of. The ego is largely responsible for feelings of identity and continuity. Like Freud, Jung (1921, 1933) emphasized the importance of the unconscious in relation to personality.

280px-Structural-Iceberg.svg.png

cdbf260f9413f0dfc7ac68700e460caa.png

Great illustrations here @Aeris.

Question is @Dwarniel can you rid yourself of your identity? What is your identity if not a thought story?

Our ego is terrified of deconstruction, because essentially it is part of the rich tapestry that is our self. 

We've had quite a few posts on this forum about what ego is, yet it still baffles us because if we knew we could transcend it. 

Just now, Surfingthewave said:

We've had quite a few posts on this forum about what ego is

I just wanted to point out that I tried to search for it. :$

The ego is a model or concept to point into real 'shell' in your mind. ( The identity and subconscious programs that makes you 'automatic focus' and 'automatic thinks' your whole idea of being 'you' )

I m not at home but I have better model in a folders.

I would advice on keep contemplating the idea and find for yourself.

By listening leo and reading here + some psychological Book you should understand piece by piece 

Just a model to help you introspect into your own behaviors. The goal is to not get rid of it, but to not be limited by it. To transcend it. 

Ego is a great tool when you control it and are not lost in its attachments and reactionary mechanisms. You ever felt like someone threatened your survival or identity and caught yourself in the middle of that before you let yourself get out of hand? That's the power of awareness rather than getting lost in those feelings. That's disidentification with it. Shattered egos need love to heal too. It's a part of you. You are healing aspects of you that needed healing. 

Let the body experience what it needs to. That's how it heals and processes things. ?

Edited by Shadowraix

No no no. All of the above answers are hitting around the bush.

The ego is suffering (pun intended). Period.

Just now, Truth Addict said:

No no no. All of the above answers are hitting around the bush.

The ego is suffering (pun intended). Period.

Sure, but that's not a very nuanced answer. Just saying that won't explain how you conclude that the ego is the root of it all. 

1 hour ago, Dwarniel said:

And oh, is my experience of a growing ego normal or have I done something wrong? 

Every time you say the word me, I, my -- those words refer to nothing.

In other words, the human you was never born. It is imaginary.

The trick is figuring out what that means and how that could be.

Life is not being experienced by a "you".

Yeah, it's a mindfuck. But you are not reading this sentence, rather this sentence is reading itself, minus you.

Take the whole world and strip out all trace of you. That is what awakening is about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ego is in its most accurate sense is a cross reference of two egos 

Vertical ego which is the degree to which you are not your truest nature. 

Then you have lateral ego the depth of ego 

the degree to which you haven’t MEASURABLY deepened a facet. 

There is a third part, which is cross-dimensional ego. Which is the degree to which you haven’t actualised as many facets as you KNOW of. The reason I say know of and not what is, is because that’s placing expectations to do better upon an already near perfect formulae 

For example, it turns out I was wrong and Jesus was stage teal. So by these standards I am actually SD yellow. That is my degree of ego density, given vertical and lateral ego. See I overestimated myself. With the traditional level version of ego density I would be turquoise with stripes of it. But the depth of each stage and it’s ego density is immense. 

Typically this is different to what I’m suggesting people think of as ego. This is my first and foremost new definition of ego. My second favourite definition of ego, was inspired by Leo and his embodiment. It is a high degrees of two facets. Absolute self love and absolute healing. When you try to end the suffering of others through your own understanding. Enlightened beings like to confuse their selflessness with self love and it’s a totally different ball game. This is where I personally see many people fall short because of the third definition of ego, which I personally don’t like. However, it is not to be discounted. 

Inefficable-less egoness. This is a reliquinish of all doership and all facets. Typically what Buddhist and some Hindus teach as emptiness. The mastery of emptiness is the Absence of a doer. Or in other words, complete absence of anything at all. It’s the extreme depthness of infinity a facet can get into. 

The ironic ego  is therefore denoted as, anything short of a enlightenment or awakening into a single facet. 

The religious ego definition is any mind construct that believes itself to be a human living a human life 

and funny ego is the definition that there is no ego. 

The scientific ego is the portion of the psyche in your brain which leads to your belief and moral systems 

Thank you so much guys - But I have to be honest with you and say I'm still confused lol. xD As long as I'm not doing anything wrong... I'll just continue the work, and maybe I'll get it one day. :$

@Dwarniel I’ll make things simpler. 

Everything you know is a lie :) literally and that is basically what the ego is. The “thing” that thinks it knows what it’s talking about for sure. 

And who is that ? 

Thats dwarniel. So everything that dwarniel knows is a lie. So if everything dwarneil knows is a lie ? Then what’s the truth.. who is dwarneil? That is the true self questioning itself as to why it built the ego (dwarniel) in the first place. Which you will eventually find out it’s culture and conceptual information that lead you to think your dwarneil. 

Edited by Aakash

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@Dwarniel I’ll make things simpler. 

Everything you know is a lie :) literally and that is basically what the ego is. The “thing” that thinks it knows what it’s talking about for sure. 

sigh.... xD

5 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Dwarniel Clue: you, everything and everyone are the Universe experiencing itself.

This is probably a stupid question - But... If I am God/the universe experiencing itself, why should I awaken to that fact? Seems like Gods intention was to experience being a 27 year old scandinavian girl in 2019.

Just now, Dwarniel said:

This is probably a stupid question - But... If I am God/the universe experiencing itself, why should I awaken to that fact? Seems like Gods intention was to experience being a 27 year old scandinavian girl in 2019.

Yes, that's "God's" intention. To realize Itself through a "Scandinavian girl in 2019".

Why do you think that matter complexifies if conditions are met? Why do you think that every cell works towards maintaining itself? Wouldn't it be easier, energetically speaking, to just crumble to the infinitely increasing entropy? And yet you're alive, eating and drinking water due to reasons that are out of your control.

unborn Truth

9 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Yes, that's "God's" intention. To realize Itself through a "Scandinavian girl in 2019".

Why do you think that matter complexifies if conditions are met? Why do you think that every cell works towards maintaining itself? Wouldn't it be easier, energetically speaking, to just crumble to the infinitely increasing entropy? And yet you're alive, eating and drinking water due to reasons that are out of your control.

I'll contemplate it