thetrut11

Unmasking "Leo Gura A.K.A. The Enlightened" i hope it doesnt get deleted LOL

101 posts in this topic

Man just when I thought Truthority was gone.

Btw nice memes folks. 

28 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

unmasked.jpg

I got a real good laugh from that, thank you. 

As for Leo, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he already make the distinction between having an enlightenment experience vs being enlightened? 

Not only that but I seem to recall him saying it's possible to fall out of enlightenment. 

Enlightenment is, as Leo often says.. a tricky tricky thing.. and a bit of a mind fuck.. 

it's the realization that we're trapped in this 'whatever it is'.. and at the same time 'realizing this trap' frees you from it.  

it's the understanding that the point of it all, is that there is no point..  (it's actually deeper than just 'understanding', but I only have words at my disposal to help you 'understand'.. meditation, psychedelics, self-inquiry etc. are tools that can help you experience 'enlightenment' instead of just understanding the concepts on an intellectual level)

and like existence itself.. enlightenment is paradoxical in nature..  and at the moment you seem to 'understand' it all best, is when you will also feel the most confused about it all.  

It seems natural to me, that at times, certain people, including myself, will find Leo's words profound to the point of bringing tears.. and at others times, his words will sound like childish woo..  this is the nature of things..

you can't have an inside without an outside.. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

52 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Happy people doing what happy people do is not a problem. They aren't going around spreading toxic shit. Leo's teachings just make people even more isolated and disconnected from each other than they were when they were living in blissful ignorance within the materialist paradigm. 

Only because you yourself take non sense as truth.

Your relative point of arrival.

You don't know where people are coming from. You assume because of the only truth you expérimented. That is your pov

Edited by Aeris

@Shaun Talk about yourself... your experience does not resonate with mine.

I'm not here to defend Leo though. The things he says are being said for thousands and thousands of years and they will keep being said thousands and thousands of years. People who fall for nihilist traps don't become vulnerable while they're listening to spiritual teachings. Such people usually have been drowning in low states of consciousness and poor emotional mastery for YEARS. We're talking about YEARS of toxic conditioning. Of course it's easier to just blame someone else.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Happy people doing what happy people do is not a problem. They aren't going around spreading toxic shit. Leo's teachings just make people even more isolated and disconnected from each other than they were when they were living in blissful ignorance within the materialist paradigm. 

Have you ever thought it seems toxic to you because you actually don't understand what is being said?

Blaming Leo for your own misapplication of his teachings is just going to dig you further into the hole you are in. This is what happens when you have too much theory and not enough practice. Leo is teaching advanced stuff, more people should start with his earlier videos and work up. They work in a very progression-based order. Leo is not at fault for people getting ahead of themselves. Some responsibility needs to be taken here.

Since you are still around, it gives me the impression you know all of this, but still have a lot of shit to sort through that you are projecting outward.

I do hope you can move forward. Once you direct experience what is being told, it all becomes clear and your life will be much more fulfilling instead of torturing yourself with all this theory.

Edited by Shadowraix

Any big endeavor is like shoot for the moon if you miss you will still reach the stars. 

Leo is putting a lot of effort into all of this. And he is sharing it all shamelessly (in a non negative meaning). 

It's too easy to knock his work. Be happy you get all this presented to you for free....the bed made for you....food on a silver platter. 

Me growing up we got smacked over the head if we didn't eat what was put up for dinner. 

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

Have you ever thought it seems toxic to you because you actually don't understand what is being said?

Blaming Leo for your own misapplication of his teachings is just going to dig you further into the hole you are in. This is what happens when you have too much theory and not enough practice. Leo is teaching advanced stuff, more people should start with his earlier videos and work up. They work in a very progression-based order. Leo is not at fault for people getting ahead of themselves. Some responsibility needs to be taken here.

Since you are still around, it gives me the impression you know all of this, but still have a lot of shit to sort through that you are projecting outward.

I do hope you can move forward. Once you direct experience what is being told, it all becomes clear and your life will be much more fulfilling instead of torturing yourself with all this theory.

Great answer. Really helpful for anybody! Great job! 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

1 hour ago, SFRL said:

Any big endeavor is like shoot for the moon if you miss you will still reach the stars. 

Leo is putting a lot of effort into all of this. And he is sharing it all shamelessly (in a non negative meaning). 

It's too easy to knock his work. Be happy you get all this presented to you for free....the bed made for you....food on a silver platter. 

Me growing up we got smacked over the head if we didn't eat what was put up for dinner. 

That's what I said. Leo is not giving you shit, and then telling you this is only shit you need to be and do. That's what 99.999% of people are doing. Leo inspires people to start thinking for themselves, and to start discovering things for themselves, which is truly spectacular.

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Looks like God is alive and well being the Devil and creating unconsciously.

20 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@mandyjw Haha ? well played!

@Shaun

66711515_1430399097097935_2090912481965768704_n.jpg

I am still doing the work, but I will be taking guidance from other teachers such as Rupert Spira and Channel Higher Self as they don't spout toxic stuff like Leo does. Explain to me just how it is healthy to be told that you are all alone, nobody can save you and you dreamt your whole life up? Again If that's really literally true as worded then I am as well being permanently dead. Oh, and why not practice what you preach and make me admin of the forum? I am supposedly god and created it. 

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

10 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I am still doing the work, but I will be taking guidance from other teachers such as Rupert Spira and Channel Higher Self as they don't spout toxic stuff like Leo does. Explain to me just how it is healthy to be told that you are all alone, nobody can save you and you dreamt your whole life up? 

You can actually reach a level of consciousness in which you are all alone as God and that you are being all things simultaneously.   He's not making it up.   It's the real deal.  If it didn't happen to me i would have thought it was crazy too. 

But under normal consciousness levels this is not the way it is at all - otherwise you wouldn't be able to function in the world which is dualistic.  

So by design as a finite being you are not normally at this level of consciousness.  And it is obvious that very few human beings have reached this state.  I do not know why that is.  But it is Truth.

Of course me telling you this won't make a difference I'm simply stating you shouldn't automatically assume it is toxic fabrications when you don't know that for certain.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Explain to me just how it is healthy to be told that you are all alone, nobody can save you and you dreamt your whole life up? 

It can not be explained through the lens you are looking through. However, I’m not saying that lens is “wrong”.

It’s like someone wearing infrared glasses asking someone to show them UV light. There is nothing “wrong” with infrared glasses, yet one will not be able to see UV light while they are perceiving through infrared glasses.

6 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

unmasked.jpg

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, I guess I've been unmasked. Time to pack my shit and go home.

man these 2 posts blend in so well, i just couldn't stop laughing at it, it's like you don't exist the we finally figured it out, no self LOL

@Inliytened1 by my calculations 

its the facets of 

emptiness , love, free will, determinism , duality , non duality , acceptance of science as material duality , acceptance of absolute infinity, acceptance of further awakenings , self love , happiness, joy , peace , independence as a being, no present moment , no life , no death , impermanence, what is reality , what is perspective ,active creative expression , passion for life or a life purpose, willingness to advocate truth, foundational metaphysical knowledge 

Its the combination of “A” total awakenings in each of these facets. Making it feel like absolute non duality which is oneness. Non duality is different to absolute non-duality. There are probably still a few more

Edited by Aakash