Commodent

Mind is a Myth by U.G. Krishnamurti

6 posts in this topic

A book about U.G. Krishnamurti and his teachings. This book is truly radical.

PDF

I read this book a couple of years ago after having read tons of spiritual books, and it was a true earthquake to my spiritual self-image. It led to a period of deep, deep confusion and it was overall a very discouraging read.

It shatters any spiritual dogma you might have, and leaves you with absolutely NOTHING to grasp onto. So it is definitely not for anyone but the most openminded truth-seekers. There is really nothing to be gained here.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Commodent thank you for sharing! the introduction alone is already fascinating. I never knew he met Ramana Maharshi.

Very interesting read so far. 

Am I the only one that finds his perspective limited? He seems to have reached some form of liberation, but whenever he starts talking about metaphysical matters, his understanding seems lacking. He almost has a materialistic way of describing reality. But Ive only read 25ish pages in.

@Consilience You are right in that he emphasizes the role of the body in and after awakening (which I think is very important), I guess that's why it seems materialistic. 

@Commodent I've read some of the other Krishnamurti years ago and only knew vaguely 'about' this one, UG  Krishnamurti. 

Actually somewhere on YouTube I saw his death that was recorded, He was on a friends couch in Italy I think? Anyway,, it may still be floating around.

Just opened up the book. Looks interesting,,,,,,and good.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn