Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

How to fully trancend materialistic paradigm?

29 posts in this topic

I have materialism deep in my bones. I always face its problems when inquiring.

I would really like to fully trancend it but i dont know how.

When ever my inquiry gets serious, i get the "it's obvious that reality is X, how else could it be" from the materialistic beliefs. So it's so limiting.

I can't get over the brain.

Pschycedelics affect the brain.

My thoughts and emotions happen in brain.

My 5 sences happen in the brain.

Yes I only have subjective experience but I cant tell there is a objective world or not. 

Edited by Pouya

Try to get your hands on some 5MeO. it will allow "you" to exit the idea of having a "brain". I had an amazing experience on it and my entire body actually ceased to exist during the few moments after it kicked in. there was only "pure awareness" its as if you are looking through your eyes straight ahead and thats all there is. if you follow the outline of your vision like even peripherals everything outside your view is not visible or existent. what i saw in my view tho is hard to describe it was as if i was floating in space. I also asked relatively this same question in my thread. lets check each others thread for answers from others on this topic.

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Notice how the sensations of your body have no location. Close your eyes and notice that you can imagine those sensations to be anywhere the mind wants them to be. You just happen to tell yourself that the sensation of the nose is where you think the nose is supposed to be. In reality without the mind doing this kind of mental gymnastics there is no location. The sensations have no location! Forget what the mind is telling you and realize this.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

6 hours ago, Pouya said:

I can't get over the brain.

Pschycedelics affect the brain.

My thoughts and emotions happen in brain.

My 5 sences happen in the brain.

This is just a belief. No different than when a Christian believes that the Earth is 5000 years old.

Question all your assumptions. Where did you get this belief about brains and sense organs and biological creatures? Notice that all of it is hearsay from other people. You do not find any of this in direct experience.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo GuraLeo I'm sure you read my comment in this thread, can you give me any advice on what i may have experienced? Was that like anything you have seen in the beginning stages of your trips? It started off as a rushing white light then my reality phased into an outter space like place where i could tell the sun or some form of light was shining from my left and ahead of vision seemed like planets or celestial bodies? Moments later everything before the trip phased back into perception as i assume my ego reintegrated. I could hear my thought clearly during this and the only thing i was thinking was how "familiar" that space was.

@Kamo I will try it when ever I get the right conditions. Really curious about psycedelics as a whole.

@Leo Gura Thid really takes a lot of effort without any psychedelics. Now I can start to appreciate the 10000 hours you said years ago.

@Pouya yeah man just follow Leos how to use psychedelics for personal growth video. Its spot on for how to have the most effective growth/positive trip. Ive never had a bad trip. Start off with small doses. They are totally different from how society portrays them to be. Dig your Enso logo by the way. ;) 

Edited by Kamo

@Pouya Don't start with 5meo, start with more traditional psyches like lsd and shrooms and work up. Also never do 5meo alone so you don't choke on your own vomit if you do puke. 

You'll be fine as you'll be consciously aware on traditional substances. 

SEE that asking “how to fully transcend the materialistic paradigm” subtly reinforces the materialistic paradigm?

Edited by Jack River

15 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Notice how the sensations of your body have no location. Close your eyes and notice that you can imagine those sensations to be anywhere the mind wants them to be. You just happen to tell yourself that the sensation of the nose is where you think the nose is supposed to be. In reality without the mind doing this kind of mental gymnastics there is no location. The sensations have no location! Forget what the mind is telling you and realize this.

Just like you have no location :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Pouya I had a revelation in a sensory deprivation tank. Consciousness went back to the womb, prior to birth. Everything after birth dissolved. All language, ideas, things. Anything that comes after birth dissolved. One might think there would be nothing left. Yet a lot was revealed, because it was no longer veiled and clouded. 

15 hours ago, Kamo said:

It started off as a rushing white light then my reality phased into an outter space like place where i could tell the sun or some form of light was shining from my left and ahead of vision seemed like planets or celestial bodies? Moments later everything before the trip phased back into perception as i assume my ego reintegrated. I could hear my thought clearly during this and the only thing i was thinking was how "familiar" that space was.

@Kamo Sounds like a mix of Samadhi and astral travel.

@Pouya Why do want to fully transcend the materialistic paradigm? Why not just be aware that it is there, smile and carry on with your self inquiry. The fact that you are aware this paradigm even exists is enough. You've achieved more than you could ever know. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@cetus56 lol shizzzzzzz I just got the answer to the riddle. It’s actually solvable!

Edited by Aakash

@Pouya watch Leo's video "brains do not exist" and "what is perception"

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo