-Rowan

College/University Programs

28 posts in this topic

A list of some of the top degree programs relating to Consciousness/Spirituality/Transpersonal Psychology for our college/university aged members. Hopefully others can help find more than I currently have researched:

Please, this is not an area to discuss whether someone should/shouldn't go to college/university, these are simply the better courses that exist currently. If you have one to add please comment below or DM me the link :)

Since these are all master degrees, do you think the entry requirements for all of them would be a bachelor degree in Psychology?

I’m not sure about the U.S but in the UK it depends on each of the programmes. For example, the Alef Trusts program doesn’t require a psychology undergraduate degree but a 1st Class Honours is usually required and some evidence of academic writing capability. It depends on the institution but usually, in most cases, you don’t have to have a psychology undergrad. Check the entry requirements of each course :)

Excellent! Let's keep building this list. There must be even more such programs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Has anyone any info about such programs in Canada?....eh 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 too cold to consider lol

Soka university of America. Buddhist inspired, very cool looking. great location. Stage green and up

Edit, looks very promising, they have almost all of ken wilber's books in their library. 

Reed college. very stage green

PItzer college, very green.

I could list a lot more good ones that are still very orange. THese are the most spirally developed and conscious ones I have found.

Edit:
Buddhist universities.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/2196-8802-1-4

Edited by Cocolove

I am studying in Maastricht, The Netherlands. There aren't any radical, amazing, spiritual programs as far as I know. However, for some it might be a good fit.

What I like most about Maastricht University is that we work with the PBL (Problem Based Learning) system. This entails that most of the literature/work is discussed in small groups of 12-15 students, instead of lectures. Students have a lot of autonomy and responsibility, as they provide most of the sessions themselves. Also, it's quite focussed on practical application.

Overall, a stage orange/GREEN, maybe bit of yellow here and there, university. Including domains such as psychology, business, health care, arts, politics, etc. More than half, I believe, of the students are international as well.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Hey everyone, I have found a new related course:

The Alef Trust have just started taking on new people for their new One Year Certificate in Transpersonal Coaching Psychology

To the Mods: Is there a way I can edit my original post? I'd like to order the different courses and be able to add new ones but I'm not sure if I can edit my original post.

Best,

Rowan

@Identity That seems to be the structure of a lot of the top tier liberal arts colleges in the US.

On 9/22/2019 at 3:03 PM, Identity said:

This entails that most of the literature/work is discussed in small groups of 12-15 students, instead of lectures. Students have a lot of autonomy and responsibility, as they provide most of the sessions themselves. 

Just waiting for Leo to start that 'college' in hawaii

What do you guys think about going to Naropa University for undergrad?

Did a bit of research into Naropa. It's not internationally accredited but looks like a really healthy environment for personal development and working on your spiritual growth. Degree's from here can dove tail into MA of transpersonal psychology if you're willing to throw down some dough for it. 

Let's not get off-topic here guys :)

So far I really like Ubiquity and their way of providing much smaller courses that can add up. The nano and micro-courses are great to do as Small Bets too. (For Life Purpose Course Students)

Honestly, I would recommend seeking out other teachers and figure out how to get a return on the following. You can't declare bankruptcy on a degree in basket weaving. 

You could probably do better self learning or teachers privately without you carrying the overheard of student debt.  YouTube, the library, alternative media, and other resources are free. 

I saw the APA callout this year. I'd avoid like the plague.