How to be wise

Reality is not infinite

95 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Consilience said:

How can that which is finite take on an infinite number of possible forms? 

Shares an Identity with, The Christ(Object), an atemporal being, co-substantial with The Father(Time). Water into wine sort of thing.

31 minutes ago, RichardY said:

Shares an Identity with, The Christ(Object), an atemporal being, co-substantial with The Father(Time). Water into wine sort of thing.

None of what you just said makes sense. 

If you don’t see the infinity, well... sucks.jpeg.

Anyways, for op, just remember this discovery cant be made with the mind. It has to be made with consciousness. 

2 hours ago, LastThursday said:

To understand something, you must well... understand it.

When you talk about 'infinity' you have an understanding of it. Then all talk of 'infinity' is based on that understanding. 

The natural question to ask as a consequence is: 'Does my understanding of infinity have infinite depth to it?'

In other words, is your understanding of 'infinity' inexhaustable? Can you keep on discovering new aspects to your understanding without end?

The only possible awareness that could possibly even get close to having an inexhaustable understanding of 'infinity' is Absolute Infinity itself.

If the understanding is limited on the other hand, it can only be a 'finity', and hence you have not grasped the true meaning of 'infinity'.

All understanding happens from the mind. Since infinity can only be understood, this tells you that infinity is a quality of the mind. Reality cannot be understood. 

2 hours ago, kieranperez said:
  1. Mind and reality are the same thing, yet is infinite but neither exist. Nothingness, Absolute Truth, The Self, Godhead, Emptiness, etc. is infinite. 

If the mind and reality are the same thing, please explain to me how somebody can enter a state of no-mind. In that state, the mind ceases and reality continues. Remember that reality cannot cease, because by definition reality is what is true. 

Infinity as I understand it is a quality. And so is ‘God.’ So therefore they are just concepts. Even ‘Absolute’ is another concept, because it gives reality a quality, when it does not have any.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Qualities, somebody, nobody, reality, concepts, infinity, mind, Truth, states, experiences, dualities

Clear your mind. Take a step back and relax. It’ll be okay. 

@How to be wise words are like cameras. 

the camera captures a truth 

what you are talking about is a form of enlightenment which extends to infinity 

what leo talks about is a form of enlightenment which extends to infinity 

the odds are for majority of people, it will extend to infinity. 

capturing a truth or a picture frame of a section of what could be infinite , just doesn't do it justice 

better to call it infinite. 

i got it wrong, its not that unconditional love breeds deception 

its that unconditionality itself breeds self-deception. 

but leo's one incorporates your one. It just doesn't incorporate your extremities in his teachings. Which don't do his own experiences justice, nor anyone elses for that matter. 

its up to you which one you want to pick in the end. The only reward one gets is truth, if i'm being bluntly honest 

its not that love or intelligence is a benefit. Its from my limited view on things, peaceful operating in truth.  

the extremes you could take any teachings to; are the magnitude of its infinity. To the point where you can critic any other teaching incorrectly , when it doesn't accept your extremes.  

what i'm saying here will be rejected by extremes, it will get critic for the same reason as "not experiential" so invalid. but forms of enlightenment come in all shapes and sizes. Knowledge is but one of them, and being but another unfortunately  

Edited by Aakash

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Infinity as I understand it is a quality. And so is ‘God.’

No!

Infinity is not a quality, it is all qualities and their negation simultaneously.

Infinity & God are not concepts. Of course they are concepts, but those concepts point to something prior to concept. In the same way that Australia is a concept BUT there is also the actual land which the word "Australia" points to.

Besides which, concepts themselves are part of Infinity, otherwise they could to occur.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Well, I know infinity can't be inside of nothing, otherwise it won't be infinity by definition. But, infinity contains everything that exists.

Well this is it, it must be nothing as well. It is nothing and infinite simultaneously. It's a paradox yes. 

Feels like we are just running in circles.. Spinning is fun too I guess. 

@Shadowraix it's funny you should mention circles. Aren't they the embodiment of an infinity inside a finite form? Aren't they also only a construct of the mind?

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday Sometimes when pointing to the absolute it's better to use less words and let them figure it out else you'll run yourself in circles trying to be nuanced in every facet. 

Imagination is limited by what we can experience.

To me Infinite would mean there is unlimited things that we cannot put in mind.

So maybe under the nail of my finger there is a World of pizza eating chairs.

Combinaisons would be Infinite.

But the degree of limited physics is maybe limited in this 'finite Matrix'

Outside of it. Maybe. Can we go out there in a World that use totaly others physics / visualisation / sense ?

So I would bet on finite' and Infinite possibly

@How to be wise Notice the “write off’s” of language. What is infinity, what is reality - without using any words? Classic popular “write offs”...I, my self, it, reality, infinity, me, definition, concepts, quality, etc. By “write offs”, notice you use those words instead of finding out what they actually are. The thinking you already know is revealed to be, you’re “writing them off”. This is among the sneakiest of thinking. Consider accepting that you are the sneakiest living thing that has ever existed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm in all honesty, I would say I lucked out to an insane Degree. So these write offs were more helpful than actually experiencing full blown awakenings . Instead they were dwarf star level mystical experiences, turned conceptual over time. Not to be seen again. To the stage yellow being 

But like all traps, the more you escape ... the new ones you create for yourself. 

The point is: these write offs map a path to pitfuls but also create new ones like “ 1 step forward , “many” steps back wards” as you would expect, rather than going through trial and error methodology. 

Enlightened species are very interesting. In a sense, it’s still the dawn of time. But there is a pattern. Waking up randomly, passing on the waking up via teachings. 

When will be build a grid of words? My love

the nests of the absolutes teeming throughout all religions and enlightened beings. Now wouldn’t that make sense to everyone :) when will you tell me you are an absolute ego. 

I’ll tell you when. When you find an absolute of “mine” that is not found in “yourself” 

@Nahm lol but How do you not agree with what I’m saying? What makes you not change your mind ? 

Well its clear you do. So the question is why wait ? 

Edited by Aakash

@Nahm so why don’t you engage in the write off with me ? Why not write off with me ? 

BecUse it’s a write off ? 

But what’s wrong with a write off ? 

It’s a write off 

but what’s wrong with a write off ? 

It’s a write off 

Its a write off 

Its a partial truth 

but what’s wrong with a partial truth 

it’s not absolute truth 

but what’s wrong with the absolute truth ? 

It’s a write off 

Its a write off and not absolute truth, which is a pointer and therefore a partial truth. 

But what’s wrong with that ? 

It isn’t actually it. 

Then why not devise a system that makes it reflect it, with the experience ? 

Its a write off 

but what about when they get the experience of it , the write off was what got them there ? 

The truth of the matter is you can only say what your saying if you yourself have all the absolutes. Do you have all the absolutes ? 

It’s a write off 

but is it ? 

@Aakash Write off’s, provoked, get bigger in thoughts, words, volume & intensity - veiling. Don’t provoke the hive, if you’re not sincere in wanting the honey. You’ll just get stung, over and over, which sucks, without the buzz.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE