Derek White

Jiddu Krishnamurti's Official Youtube Channel

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys! let me introduce you to this gold mine of a channel. Jiddu answers all questions related to attention, concentration, thinking, observing, etc. You can see it for yourself, he's brilliant and we should talk about him more. Very high level stuff. 

Here's the link to the channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/KFoundation

Also, here is a discussion group which I think is a hidden gem. Jiddu discusses various topics with a psychologist and David Bohm who are not spiritual people but he goes step by step. This discussion is significant because most of us think like the psychologist and seeing Jiddu talk to someone who is at our stage is really eye opening. Oh and it's a series of long videos so maybe try watching or listening to them one at a time (it's a playlist). 

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Krishnamurti is extremely profound. I vividly remember reading his Commentaries on living and having my first intense feeling of clarity.

It has been my experience though that what his writing suggested I could not actualize and the Krishnamurti-induced high became somewhat of a withdrawal from my actual life. I'm glad he set me up on all this and one day I will return to him but till then I need more of the practical stuff.

How's your experience with J.Krishnamurti been?

@loub Krishnamurti has been great for me. Haven't withdrawn from life though. I've read Freedom From The Known which I recommend if you're interested. 

The thing with Krishnamurti is that there is no teaching or method. He's just revealing to you how things are. I don't think he wants you to 'change' or 'be more productive'. He is saying that what we call change is not real change. Like a selfish man saying he doesn't want to be selfish is saying so out of his selfishness. So naturally, Krishnamurti says be selfish and just watch that because whatever you want to change to is an idea which is formed from your past experiences. So it's just the past repeating itself. So just watch, if you want to 'change' even then just watch. 

Imo he's saying just watch whether you're thinking, working, being lazy, trying not to be lazy, just watch. 

There are plenty of videos of him where he addresses why we don't change:

16 hours ago, Derek White said:

psychologist and David Bohm who are not spiritual people but he goes step by step. 

See to me, David Bohm comes across as a profoundly spiritual person! Quintessential Stage Yellow individual IMHO.

I really look forward to checking this video and the channel out, thanks.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish idk if at the time of this video he was. I think when this was shot he was just getting into spirituality or just playing coy. Also remember that it’s a series of videos not just this one, if you open it in youtube you should see a playlist of the whole discussion.

Jiddu is a sage. His life story is quite rough as well. He's quite a funny/interesting guy with his approach. His teaching is something people would probably call "masculine". 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Very Slow.... But he did get me thinking about etymology (root of words). And brought to light contemplation.