fridjonk

Locked Up Creativity

13 posts in this topic

I feel like I've got so much creativity locked up wanting to burst out, but I have no idea what to aim it at. 

I intend on buying Leo's life purpose course one day, but in the meanwhile...any tips ?

Have you tried doing things that you enjoy? It’s usually a good start as it’s much easier to keep working on something that you actually enjoy doing.

I have an opinion on everything :D

Maybe try out some hobbies that require creativity (if you haven't already).

Writing music, drawing, video editing, pick up an instrument and so on.

@nistake Might pick up drawing again since, I used to love that a lot as a child.

Thanks ^_^

@JustThinkingAloud  Will do, thanks.

Edited by fridjonk

You need to find something you love to do, a hobby, any activity. Your creativity is to turn mind to form.

When you work on something you enjoy, you love it, your vision is filled with it, you get lost in its design and the details you wish for it to have. Pass all of your intelligent design onto it. 

I'm a programmer myself and when I start a project I am REALLY into, I will work on it for 5 hours/day or more. Passion and discipline will see it to start to finish.

@Shadowraix I find it hard to discover what my true hobbies are. I like doing construction work, shooting long range rifles, hiking in nature, astronomy, but i feel those are not my true passions. 

I keep on thinking my true passion is something I haven't done or discovered before, but maybe that's just nonsense and I'm overlooking the obvious. o.O

2 hours ago, fridjonk said:

@Shadowraix I find it hard to discover what my true hobbies are. I like doing construction work, shooting long range rifles, hiking in nature, astronomy, but i feel those are not my true passions. 

I keep on thinking my true passion is something I haven't done or discovered before, but maybe that's just nonsense and I'm overlooking the obvious. o.O

It can take some exploring to figure it out.

You may even have some aspects of yourself you aren't even aware of!

I only realized I loved to teach like a year ago. Its my favorite puzzle to help someone figure out their puzzle.

Your passion and hobbies are a puzzle for you to solve and is unique to you. :D 

Study creativity and creativity techniques. Leo's booklist has some good things about it. I'll add one good book from me (which is not in the booklist) - ThinkerToys. This book will gve you many creativity lessons and exercises you can use to improve your creative thinking and creative output. But the juiciest is contemplate what creativity is and what does it mean to be creative. Then contemplate how you can be a creator in your life and what are some practical steps you should take to start becoming one. Then think what you actually want to create and start doing it and learn by practice. Practice Creating and iterating. Don't get stuck in perfection paralysis, just move on and keep creating, experiment. Then think about your creative process holistically and systemically, notice patterns, see where you can improve stuff, analyze what you're doing, what is the output of your input, see how different inputs interconnect, see how you can get more and better output (contemplate what output means in your scenario) for the near the same input effort-wise. Notice that sometimes it takes some time for output to occur and give you insights and feedback. Be patient about that. And never stop creating. Creation&Iteration. Feedback from your creations and actions is the best teacher. 

Hope I was helpful

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Shadowraix I'll keep on searching, and maybe time will tell one day if I keep looking.  

I've noticed you helping people out a lot here on the forums, and you seem very good at it. 

@Hello from Russia  Yes that was very helpful.

I will definitely contemplate on that. 

@fridjonk Means a lot to hear that! It's the least I could do for how much Leo and this beautiful community has helped me. :x

Edited by Shadowraix