Cocolove

Leo's videos repetitive

13 posts in this topic

Leo has a trend of hitting the same topic from different angles, which can be helpful.

For example his explanation of god videos were similar to a bunch of videos that explain conceptually the realizations you can attain.

He also has a bunch of videos similar to the self-bias one, as he mentioned. 

It seems like there are so many more 'practical' topics he could cover, and when I listen to these videos I don't find them helpful.

What do you guys think?

Hmm I feel what you are saying. I just think that this issue of self is the core from which all other problems and dynamics emerge. For me these different angels definately help to deepen my understanding.

However, what gets repetative for me is criticizing things like religion, science, public figures, etc. In my perception these often come by in shallow ways which don’t help that much. If critizing some of these domains, I would rather see an indepth analysis on one topic. Like for example going into depth on science, would love that.

When just scim criticizing, I just take over the criticism without the deep understanding Leo has behind them.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Maybe he is trying to attract more new people he can help, so somewhat of the same message, with different keywords, while also building new ideas.  Just speculating

His desire now seems to go beyond the practical, as he probably feels we can take responsibility for determining what’s going to be practical for us. It seems he’s pushing the limits of the human mind and this is most important to see through our own shit and the value of learning to view multiple perspectives simultaneously to gage where there’s value in aiding our expansion on the collective level 

I would just like the video on the sub conscious mind and how to change it like he said he was going to make :) I have read multiple books on the topic but I would like Leo's take on it because he is handsome.

There's nothing wrong with repetition. The need for constant novelty is a sickness we all suffer from - how else do you master a thing? Constant repetition is the key for mastery. And, without the repetition you would soon fall back asleep.

All stories and explanations are false.

I haven't watched for a while because the last ones I watched stretched my mind too much. Teal Swan also stretched my mind too much, so I had to take a break.

Maybe after his Spiral Dynamics series things became more repetitive. But remember that you can take knowledge from many other teachers and sources (it's even advisable to do so).

yes... you think its repetive... then a year later you directly experience it and youre like holy shit its true! he hammers it down your throat til you get it

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It wouldn't be an Actualized.org video without slamming the egos of the usual groups, some public figures and of course the viewer.

If you don't like getting told over and over again how selfish and deceptive your mind is, this channel probably isn't for you :)

Although yes I shared your feeling of repetition when watching the self biases video. It felt less like a new topic and more like a reminder to look at our biases.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

On 14/08/2019 at 1:22 AM, Identity said:

Hmm I feel what you are saying. I just think that this issue of self is the core from which all other problems and dynamics emerge. For me these different angels definately help to deepen my understanding.

However, what gets repetative for me is criticizing things like religion, science, public figures, etc. In my perception these often come by in shallow ways which don’t help that much. If critizing some of these domains, I would rather see an indepth analysis on one topic. Like for example going into depth on science, would love that.

When just scim criticizing, I just take over the criticism without the deep understanding Leo has behind them.

A vidéo about science would be gold'.

Didn't catch with the last ones

Well I thought the self bias video on the blog was really good. I guess some videos just don't give the same helpful vibe due to subjective experience.

There are still lot of important self actualization topics that Leo never covered, and we as human beings will have to face in some moments of life like: How to del with the death of a familiar, manage frustration, the psycological aspect of aging...

Now with the fashion of spiral dynamics he tend to explain religion, society and politics, which is not very useful. In fact the more away we keep from religion, politics and belief systems the happier and mentally healthier we will be.

On 14/08/2019 at 0:07 AM, Cocolove said:

Leo has a trend of hitting the same topic from different angles, which can be helpful.

For example his explanation of god videos were similar to a bunch of videos that explain conceptually the realizations you can attain.

He also has a bunch of videos similar to the self-bias one, as he mentioned. 

It seems like there are so many more 'practical' topics he could cover, and when I listen to these videos I don't find them helpful.

What do you guys think?

The things is, Leo has already given us most of the practical stuff we would ever need or want. I'm sure he has ideas for more practical based videos, but what more can he really provide? He only has so much time in a day, why would he waste time testing out other practical methods and techniques. 

Leo's style and strengths lie within the conceptual stuff, particularly more so now as his stuff is much more advanced than his older personal dev type videos. It's simply a result of a development of his teachings that less and less practical stuff is available to be taught. 

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski