Identity

How do we get away with so much deception?

9 posts in this topic

So I watched the latest video about self-bias and the documentary about the fyre festival from the blog.

This got me wondering, how do we get away with so much deception?

Especially on an individual level, on a micro, day-to-day basis. 

On a larger scale, like deceiving ourselves as a country against another country, or race against another, I can see how we can reinforce it. Also how it creates friction with the outside group.

But how come this doesn’t lead to disaster on an individual basis every day? I go around, setting double standarts left and right. I allow myself to double park, but others not. I cut myself slack when not cleaning the kitchen, but not the other roommates. I allow myself to not be kind but not others. Etc, etc.

How come we are still able to retain these relatively cohesive and social groups? I mean, everyone is mainly preocupied with his/her own survival, and it is relatively easy to spot these self-biases in others. How come we don’t point out the bullshit in others all the time?

Is it because we are so asleep that we don’t see it?

Do we accept it in others because deep down we know we do the same?

Whats going on here?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Because we do not accept other peoples perception. You can stare a person blank in the eye, tell them the truth of the matter, and they will look at you like a deer in the headlights because it does not match their perception. They don't give a fuck if your right or wrong. Their ego enjoys it no matter how much pain, joy, confusion it causes. It's simple.

3 hours ago, Identity said:

How come we are still able to retain these relatively cohesive and social groups? I mean, everyone is mainly preocupied with his/her own survival, and it is relatively easy to spot these self-biases in others. How come we don’t point out the bullshit in others all the time?

Because society has built up a bureaucratic infrastructure through 10,000 years of bloodshed, rape, genocide, theft, torture, and other horrors that you cannot even being to imagine.

Thanks to that infrastructure (which we call government) you enjoy the life you do while being totally oblivious as to how all this works or where it came from.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This is exactly what I always pointed to.

Killing and nazying things out of love for then create a nation of 'bubble peace' than most of us here probably Come from.

Emperor were aware of the nature of humanity at their Time. That's why they could kill in the name of god ( or themself )

A strong order ( redpower) was needed to create an illusion of control and peace.

Our 'peace day' come from 'simple order'.

7 hours ago, Identity said:

This got me wondering, how do we get away with so much deception?

On an individual level, I believe we don't. We might think we get away with it, but it's all impacting your Karma or whatever word/concept you wish to use instead of Karma. With deception I think it's like "buy now, pay later". The debt has to be paid at some point. You might not even know you are deceiving yourself or someone else, and then you might not even know (or have insight) when it's time to pay the debt and why you are paying this debt.

The debt could be anything from failed relationships, depression, anxiety, even suicide, loss of job, general feeling of angst, insomnia, you name it!

Reminds me of a motivational clip I saw from a Christian preacher, he said "you can either pay now, or pay double later" - I believe he means that you can either wake up now and take responsibility or not..........

Thoughts?

Hmm, I think my question was misunderstood for the most part, or I misunderstand the answers.

My question wasn’t so much, how do we manage to survive. My quesion is, how come we aren’t engaged in fights and debates all the time?

If I go trumping around like a devil in my social circle. I am constantly setting double standarts. For example:

- When I need something, I expect others to be there. When they need something Im not.

- When someone else does something wrong, I get mad. When I do something wrong I justify it.

- I treat others like shit, but expect them to treat me well.

- I put my needs above theirs.

How are we all tolerating this from eachother? Why are the people around me not constantly saying to me; wtf, stop acting so selfish!

Or are we setting less of these double standarts in our close circles, because our sense of identity includes these people?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Bill W Interesting, so pretty much you think all these small actions compound and than show up as bigger, more major problems in our lives?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

1 hour ago, Identity said:

How are we all tolerating this from eachother? 

I think this is a question for each individual and hard to give a generic answer to. Good question though. Some people can appear like they are tolerating something but then go back and drink or drug on it. Some people will end up hanging themselves or jumping off a bridge. Some will store it all as inner angst. Some people will simply say go fuck yourself and have a messy divorce from you or some might withdraw slowly from you, so discreetly you barely notice. 

Some might tolerate it as they expect no different. They might think they deserve no better. 

Not sure if this helps answer?

51 minutes ago, Identity said:

@Bill W Interesting, so pretty much you think all these small actions compound and than show up as bigger, more major problems in our lives?

Yes I do. Perhaps what is known around these parts as your shadow?