Chilli

Being aware of being aware

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just wanted to share with you a cool book I picked up, called “Being Aware of Being Aware”. I’m not sure if it’s on Leo’s book list, so sorry about that if it is. The book is extremely precise about the nature of awareness, and also clarified letting go of ideas about enlightenment by showing why the most common ideas are false.

1 hour ago, Chilli said:

Hey guys, just wanted to share with you a cool book I picked up, called “Being Aware of Being Aware”. I’m not sure if it’s on Leo’s book list, so sorry about that if it is. The book is extremely precise about the nature of awareness, and also clarified letting go of ideas about enlightenment by showing why the most common ideas are false.

“Being aware” is a spiritual concept. It may be a good ladder for the spiritual seeker, but it must be dropped in the end. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Yessss! It must be dropped, and in the book this is also mentioned. The reason I think this book is so great is that the author is the use of “being aware” instead of “awareness”. The purpose being exactly to not make awareness a concept or object to get attached to.

Leo addressed this in his advanced meditation video. Being aware of being aware. Watching the watcher. This is one of the difficult ones.

No, the book is not on his book list. Indeed this is a very good read. nice and short as well as simple to understand.

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem