oysterman

MARKETING - Which organisations work to improve global media outlets?

10 posts in this topic

Hey :)

There are some NGOs in the world that do awesome work, like Transparency International (https://www.transparency.org). I want to find one that helps to improve the world's deep marketing problem. Any ideas?

What organisations in the world (local, global, NGO, governmental, etc) work to raise the consciousness of MARKETING and MEDIA OUTLETS? What organisations are trying to make the buses and billboards and TV and internet adverts that inundate the entire modern world more conscious in some way or another?

If any of you geezers remember Leo's 'The Deep Problem of Marketing' video (see below), you'll remember that he asked us not to give him donations if we made it big from his content, but to work to improve the marketing and media channels in the world. I haven't exactly made it big, but I'm looking for an NGO or charity to become a member of and donate to a little bit.

The closest thing I can think of is governmental agencies like the Advertising Standards Agency in the UK (https://www.asa.org.uk), but all they seem to do is fact check - not try to make things MORE conscious. Not try to remove the low-consciousness style of advertising (think of a mobile phone, or a coffee, being held by a sexy lady wearing a bikini). Or to try and make cable news channels less focused on extreme negativity. The news could be teaching about environmental crises and how to solve the world's problems, rather than engineering partisan bickering.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, oysterman said:

If any of you geezers remember Leo's 'The Deep Problem of Marketing' video (see below), you'll remember that he asked us not to give him donations if we made it big from his content, but to work to improve the marketing and media channels in the world. I haven't exactly made it big, but I'm looking for an NGO or charity to become a member of and donate to a little bit.

I retract my statement. You can donate all your money to me -_-

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I retract my statement. You can donate all your money to me -_-

@Leo GuraWhat are you planning to do with all this money in the long term? A bit more transparency would be good. ;)

I will swim around in it like Scrooge McDuck.

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If he really dove head first into the coins he'd most likely die :D

Which is why I will use $100s.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

By the way scrooge mcduck story is legit stage orange embodiment. I would maybe buy the books of his story. ( The one about the life of scrooge mcduck ) I have been raised with those stories.

In France he is call'd 'picsou' instead of scrooge mcduck.

pic:sou'

it sounds like 'pick/get:monney'

on a meta perspective they took over his name.

Weird for me to use Scrooge mcduck.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

...says the ?

And what does the ? say?