brugluiz

Is "Toxic Masculinity" an accurate term?

32 posts in this topic

@Michael569 I did everybody says something different about what masculine man is...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

23 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Michael569 I did everybody says something different about what masculine man is...

Actually I feel like we only talk about what masculinity is NOT these days :D  Perhaps gather resources and go on a journey of finding out yourself. Once you do come back to us and share with us what you have learned. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Pav I really enjoy your post, I think it hits the nail on the head.

The actual use of the world in modern day use is a bit iffy. I completely get what people are pointing to when they say toxic masculinity. Often times societal perceptions of masculinity can be extremely distorted than if you found masculinity yourself. But the use of the word often comes with an idea of demonization because nobody wants to be perceived as toxic which the word toxic can be a bit buzzy in of itself. Very easy way to hijack it for ideology. 

First it was the north vs south and now its men vs women, everybody seeing where the other might go wrong but not accepting where they can go wrong. If the good points about inequality and fairness from mgtow and feminism were integrated I think that would be egalitarianism and people are just trying to tip the see-saw in their favor these days. They're all hurt and they can't seem to look past the quality of the sex of the person who hurt them I assume cause of pattern recognition. I've seen animals also fear men or women in general if they were hurt by one of them.

You guys really need to educate yourself about social history.

You can't seriously discuss political issues without understanding the historical context.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Quite a laid down guy.  Seems like pretty healthy version of green.
Would love to see more stuff like it around. Subscribed.

Also some humor.

Edited by Yog

@Michael569 Yeah best thing to do is find for yourself 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You guys really need to educate yourself about social history.

You can't seriously discuss political issues without understanding the historical context.

It recalls a video that Teal Swan's point out that guys need to make women feel safe. If I understood it right, she suggests integrating our shadows in order to do it. There's a book she recommends called King, Warrior, Magician, Lover by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette. The books points out that, yeah, there tyranical women and men, and that men shouldn't be blamed for all bad things that are happening on Earth.

But, I have a question about this guy's video. Why a real man wouldn't be bothered about the way "Toxic Masculinity" terminology is being used nowadays?

This book that I mentioned describes a man who had problems with women treating him badly due to his masculine behaviors in job and then he gets in touch with the masculine energy in order to overcome it. He then finds another better job. So I don't think a "real" man wouldn't be concerned with the "Toxic Masculinity" term the way it's being used nowadays.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:58 PM, brugluiz said:

It recalls a video that Teal Swan's point out that guys need to make women feel safe. 

Many many would interpret making her feel safe as protecting her from outside threats. Yet, I think feeling safe has more to do within the relationship. For example, giving her space to express her feelings and to be vulnerable without being judged, criticized, talked over and corrected.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:58 PM, brugluiz said:

But, I have a question about this guy's video. Why a real man wouldn't be bothered about the way "Toxic Masculinity" terminology is being used nowadays?

Because real men aren’t toxically masculine! 

@brugluiz @Leo Gura

First of all dear Leo, let me quote you:

"Unless you slept with 30 or more women you will be a pussy." (How to be Man Part 1)

Yes Toxic Masculinity is a real problem, and it's a result of a collective Blue Pilled mind.

Only if you don't understand the true nature of women, can you be angry and hold grudges at them, only then will you be filled with hatred and act with violence. (Which is extremely silly, since both are two parts of the same species and they depend on each other, which is hard to admit.)

Look for ways to bring peace love and consciousness to every domain of life, that's Positive Masculinity. Seek unity and not division.

Please don't pile all groups into one narrow judgmental category without a deep objective look into them. 

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

@Anton Rogachevski You can sleep with all the women you want. Just don't go creating an ideology around demonizing women.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 13/8/2019 at 9:51 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's the perfect term to describe PUA, RedPill, Incels, alt-right, MGTOW, gun nuts, etc.

All you gotta do is visit one of those forums and you will be bombarded with it.

It's when man-children try to act masculine without understanding what real masculinity is.

I dont understand the link between toxic masculinity with incels and mgtow, these 2 are the effect or the result of certain cultural changes and phenomena. 

The white knight syndrome is also a effect of society over men, would you blame masculine toxicity too?