SriBhagwanYogi

Spinal Breathing Pranayama

20 posts in this topic

I would like to share this awesome breathing method with you 

It will make your meditation 10 times deeper Screenshot_20190813_151234.jpgScreenshot_20190813-150953.jpg

"Spinal Breathing Pranayama" is one of the most important practices in all of yoga, producing positive effects in our health, wellbeing, and every aspect of our daily living"

Only do these practices if you are consciously attempting at working with Kundalini. Otherwise you can unknowingly set things in motion that you might later regret. 

@FoxFoxFox This is from AYP book its nothing hardcore and its gradual, safe practice before meditation i am not trying to force my kundalini 

@SriBhagwanYogi This is by no means safe or gentle. This is the core practice one does to "awaken" Kundalini. 

You don't do kundalini yoga in preparation for meditation anyways. The former releases lots of energy into your system while the latter requires a stable energy body. 

@FoxFoxFox Kundalini has been a bit of a mystery to me because such practices are so sparse. Mind suggesting me some resources? 

@Shadowraix

Kashmir Sivaism is the prominent spiritual lineage from which most surviving Kundalini knowledge has been passed down.

Vijnanabhairava is the most authoritative text when it comes to Kundalini Yoga practices which i have found. It's introductory text regarding the Self and its realization is also incredibly to the point and crystal clear (almost bizarrely so).

Other than that, actually getting Kundalini to "activate" properly to result in self-realization is not really something on can do by himself. It almost always requires another person (ie. a Kundalini master) to do it for you. This process is known as Shaktipat.

@FoxFoxFox I've heard a lot of stories of people activating it say on shrooms and others do some breathing practices and end up with pains that last for years. Some report downloading the universe and getting a choice to stay in the relative or leave to something higher.

Are these all a result of some sort of triggering of the energy?

I agree with @FoxFoxFox here. This is a fine and calm method. But eventually, if you practice every day, you will get into the "tiny nerve tube" (or more commonly known as the sushumna in yoga) and you will arouse kundalini energy. So at least know it's what you are doing.

Isnt this same thing we do in  kriya pranayama?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Shadowraix Idk if ive fully or permanently activisted it, but every time Ive tripped on mushrooms or LSD, I feel a shit ton of energy pulsating through my spine. So yeah it really can happen with psychedelics. Crazy stuff. 

I used to feel it with marijuana... but either i'm too tolerant now or I have received as much realignment as I can on this particular psychedelic... 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Consilience Yeah. Psychedelics have given me a 6th sense of sorts of perceiving energy. Mainly with colors. I saw mine as a ball of rainbow with some of it leaking out. It makes me really curious on how far these practices can take me to realizing my full potential. 

Edited by Shadowraix

Guys try to be exceptionally aware when you do the practices on a full moon evening. Moons gravity pulls your kundalini up. And all sorts of interesting things can happen.

Have you ever had an inner guru guiding you to do your practice in a different way??

I had it and that feels amazing. You are just sitting and feeling a force controling the body. Almost as if the force is teaching you new stuff, showing what you need. When you feel like you need to do something new, go fully into it, relax and let it guide you, just be aware and dont ressist it. It comes unnoticed and it leaves like it wasnt even there.

Mahadev

Kriya means involuntary movements. More accurately they are spontaneous bodily movements that are produced as Kundalini energy meets a roadblock in the energy pathways of the body. These movements are both symptoms of such a blockage, and attempts at clearing them away. These involuntary movements are sometimes extreme behavior, and there is no way to know how each individual will respond to a blockage. 

Kriya Yoga is the ignorant man's version of Kundalini Yoga. It haphazardly throws a bunch of practices and postures together without rhyme and reason, either due to western ignorance, deception or some inane reasoning (eg. it's better if the neophytes don't know about Kundalini because it might put them off due to sounding too mystical etc.). In Kriya Yoga, one chases these spontaneous movements, which is analogues to a person chasing the symptoms of a disease for some twisted reasoning (If only i can somehow develop a stomach ulcer, I will lose weight). When you chase Kriya, that is what you are doing in the spiritual context. From my own extensive analysis of many different Kriya Yoga regiments, i've found them to focus on maximizing release of energy within the body's energetic pathways - therefore involuntarily or sometimes voluntarily - causing Kriyas. That is quite frankly, stupid, as it serves no purpose whatsoever for the purposes of Enlightenment and Lovebliss, and is most definitely dangerous. In fact, I know of a case where the intensity of Kriya was set to be a measure of success with the practices. That is doubly stupid.

As such it is my opinion that Kriya Yoga is inefficient, dumb, and downright irresponsible/malicious.

I don't care if you are an ardent believe in Kriya Yoga, or you get offended by what I wrote here. You have every right to continue in your folly. This is meant to save people who are on the fence about working with energy and to guide them towards proper Kundalini work UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF A LEGITIMATE TEACHER, rather than following some online blog or Youtube channel.

Here's a good test of checking your yoga program: 

Do you know the EXACT reasoning for doing each individual practice? There should be an answer here.

When your working on this level, thinking of things as kundalini, dmt, or even your nervous system will make it harder to percieve it at a certain level of clarity depth and realness.  Just experience it, without a thing or word making it into something.  Doing that, making something overwhelming into something tiny by making it an idea, is better for working with things you want to take the power out of.

6 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Kriya means involuntary movements. More accurately they are spontaneous bodily movements that are produced as Kundalini energy meets a roadblock in the energy pathways of the body. These movements are both symptoms of such a blockage, and attempts at clearing them away. These involuntary movements are sometimes extreme behavior, and there is no way to know how each individual will respond to a blockage. 

Kriya Yoga is the ignorant man's version of Kundalini Yoga. It haphazardly throws a bunch of practices and postures together without rhyme and reason, either due to western ignorance, deception or some inane reasoning (eg. it's better if the neophytes don't know about Kundalini because it might put them off due to sounding too mystical etc.). In Kriya Yoga, one chases these spontaneous movements, which is analogues to a person chasing the symptoms of a disease for some twisted reasoning (If only i can somehow develop a stomach ulcer, I will lose weight). When you chase Kriya, that is what you are doing in the spiritual context. From my own extensive analysis of many different Kriya Yoga regiments, i've found them to focus on maximizing release of energy within the body's energetic pathways - therefore involuntarily or sometimes voluntarily - causing Kriyas. That is quite frankly, stupid, as it serves no purpose whatsoever for the purposes of Enlightenment and Lovebliss, and is most definitely dangerous. In fact, I know of a case where the intensity of Kriya was set to be a measure of success with the practices. That is doubly stupid.

As such it is my opinion that Kriya Yoga is inefficient, dumb, and downright irresponsible/malicious.

I don't care if you are an ardent believe in Kriya Yoga, or you get offended by what I wrote here. You have every right to continue in your folly. This is meant to save people who are on the fence about working with energy and to guide them towards proper Kundalini work UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF A LEGITIMATE TEACHER, rather than following some online blog or Youtube channel.

Here's a good test of checking your yoga program: 

Do you know the EXACT reasoning for doing each individual practice? There should be an answer here.

I miss your fox yoga in your signature ?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance One of the reasons i removed it is because it involved pranayama such as this and realized it could be unsafe. These days i don't really need to rely on any specific technique for samadhi purspoes etc. I do plan on writing Fox Yoga 2.0 though :D