GeorgeSpikes

How to get rid of acne/pimples

23 posts in this topic

Nowadays acne is becoming a very common skin problem and it is getting difficult to get rid of it. I need to know, is there any treatment to deal with this?

Cutting out dairy completely cured my acne I'd had since I was a teen. And I'm 38 so I'd had it for 25yrs or so. I'm not saying that it'll cure yours too, but it's worth researching and experimenting with. 

Agreed with @ChimpBrain  dairy can be a contributor. 

Other likely events: 

• frequent consumption of foods with high glycemic index (pastries, pastas, sweets, sodas, chocolates...)
  • excessive consumption of meat and other sources of animal protein
  • frying, barbecuing, roasting
  • lack of cleansing, alkaline, anti-inflammatory foods...especially fruits
  • systemic acidity of the organism - possibly due to above or due to PH balancing mechanism struggling to cope (acne may in this case be an effort of the body to get rid of toxins and acids through its largest organ, the skin)
  • lot of stress, anger, lying, cheating and living with lots of negative emotions or in bad relationships and such can actually cause things like rash and disrupt skin
  • hormonal problems - such as excess DHEA or Testosterone common in male adults. Imo this is not a disease but a sign of something else going on. It is suspected that this may also be caused by some dietary factors. 

This sounds ridiculous but going to bed and waking up at the same time every day helps me tremendously.

Also sticking to a schedule in general.

When I'm on track (with daily routines) my acne fades.

The second I start slipping, procrastinating, cutting activities, doing things I shouldn't be doing I break out.

It's actually hilarious, fascinating, and upsetting all at once.

I'm not sure if this applies to you, and I know it sounds like placebo/pseudoscience, but at least give sticking to a routine a try before dismissing it :)

Posted (edited)

I would try cutting out sugar and dairy. You would feel a lot better doing that regardless. Drink more water. Work by cutting sugar intake down gradually. Not very easy to just remove it. 

Edit: Keep natural sugars from fruits etc. 

Edited by Average Investor

Have you tried proper cleansing routine? It really helped me. I use a natural plant based cleanser in the shower then a toner in a spray and a cream after. I use Swiss brand and it completely cleared up my skin.

I have an opinion on everything :D

I suffered with bad cystic acne all of high school and my first year of college. It's fucking miserable, I was depressed almost the whole time and my self-confidence was obliterated. I'd love to share what I've learned.

The only real solution comes from within - I can't recommend a detoxification protocol enough if you've been eating a conventional unhealthy diet your whole life like I was. I really like Anthony William's advice, and his book "Liver Rescue" is full of good stuff, especially pertaining to acne. Celery juice works wonders for some people if you're open to it. Markus Rothkranz's "Heal Yourself 101" (Free) is also amazing. FASTING works miracles for the body and skin.

Also, @Michael569 is pretty spot on with his advice.

1 hour ago, Frazza4 said:

I suffered with bad cystic acne all of high school and my first year of college. It's fucking miserable, I was depressed almost the whole time and my self-confidence was obliterated. I'd love to share what I've learned.

The only real solution comes from within - I can't recommend a detoxification protocol enough if you've been eating a conventional unhealthy diet your whole life like I was. I really like Anthony William's advice, and his book "Liver Rescue" is full of good stuff, especially pertaining to acne. Celery juice works wonders for some people if you're open to it. Markus Rothkranz's "Heal Yourself 101" (Free) is also amazing. FASTING works miracles for the body and skin.

Also, @Michael569 is pretty spot on with his advice.

Celery juice is really helpful! But I'd consult your practitioner and nutriologist first, it can be skin hygenic problem, or smth from the inside can cause acne! 

My GF has some pretty bad acne. She has been trying to use witchhazel as per someones recommendation and the results are mixed. Anybody know if it actually helps?

Posted (edited)

@Shadowraix I was just going to suggest this.  I had terrible acne in high school and washing my face with an acne medicated soap once a day, followed up by witch hazel and then moisturizer in the morning, and then a couple of times a day I used the witch hazel on a cotton ball just to get off the extra oil - cured it within a summer.  I splashed my face with water at night and added a little moisturizer before bed.

Also a couple cups of green tea every day.

But yeah that witch hazel was a life saver.

Edited by Keyhole

🌺 

Try cold showers, they tighten the skin and could possibly help.

For me, it was cutting out dairy products. After two years without "gluten" I tried less meat and dairy and then found out that without dairy products I can keep 90% of it away permanently. Also, what might have helped and could help you to make the "transition" faster is going on a water-only-fast for 3-5 days. 

It all has to do with diet. Your skin is the largest organ of elimination. So when you consume foods like dairy and meat, which cause inflammation and congestion in the body, many of those toxins exit via your skin.   Clean up your diet, do cleanses, and eat whole unprocessed plant-based foods, and your skin will glow and be acne free. 

Edited by Mystic_Fool

@Keyhole Glad you've seen good results! She's been using it for a few months multiple times a day and sometimes it looks like it's working then she has bad break outs. 

2 hours ago, Keyhole said:

@Shadowraix Does she have a good diet?

We both don't. I'm like 95% certain now it's a diet issue. We live with a pretty low income family and consume lots of dairy, mainly cheese. I'm in the process right now of trying to become more independent so we can have more food options though 😁

@Shadowraix I relate, do you guys have access to a foodbank/foodstamps?
I use stamps to buy fresh meat, and the foodbank for fruits and veggies, and allow one day out of the week to cheat.

🌺 

For me, the yoga position that helped me with acne was the candle try to do it five minutes in the morning and five minutes in the night maybe that could work. Now I  eat anything that I want without any problem. And I have a good face.

1 hour ago, Keyhole said:

@Shadowraix I relate, do you guys have access to a foodbank/foodstamps?
I use stamps to buy fresh meat, and the foodbank for fruits and veggies, and allow one day out of the week to cheat.

Never looked into food banks but with stamps we are over the income limit.  We can get it for a few months with some workarounds but in general day to day my gfs family handles bills and I pay for a couple and handle emergency cases and house chores. They plan out dinners based on what they can afford so I'm looking to try and increase their spending limit to go healthier. 

Edited by Shadowraix