ActualizedDavid

Do you have a good eating habit? Tell what !

18 posts in this topic

I see that my eating is kinda bad. Not bad as it used to be , but kinda bad.

I ask here you guy's about what you eat exactly. What food. 

I want to see what how you manage and cook your meals.

If you want give me the books that you read on nutrition or some videos.

But tell me what you eat and what you drink exactly (your personal shopping list, meals)

And how you arived in the place that you manage to eat to live.

Share it with us! Thank You.

@ActualizedDavid I like to think I’m very healthy with my diet so I’ll chime in here. 

Grocery list contains the following:

gluten free bread, corn tortillas, avocados, apples, bananas, blueberries, spinach, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, snap peas, hummus, coconut oil, eggs (lots of eggs), greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, sweet potatoes, popcorn (made w coconut oil), peanut butter, almonds, cashews, dried mangos, gluten free oatmeal.

What I drink: water (lots of it), coffee in mornings

meals:

Breakfast: fried egg on top of gluten free toast (2x) - or avocado toast with a fried egg on top - or oatmeal with peanut butter and bananas. 

Post workout shake: egg white protein, blueberries, banana, unsweetened almond milk, peanut butter, cinnamon, sea salt, spinach. 

Lunch: grilled veggies, sweet potato (mashed with coconut oil, cinnamon and sea salt), grilled chicken breast (8oz) or 3-4 scrabbles eggs. 

Mid Day Snack: vegetables and hummus or banana and peanut butter or just fruit and lots of water. 

Dinner: I usually just eat breakfast stuff again ?

Hope this helps a bit. 

The Loophole Shake

Mix in a blender or shake maker for twice as long as you would think:

One scoop of Chocolate Raw Meal with Greens. (Amazon)

One or two Bananas

1 cup of ice 

1 to 2 cups of chocolate almond milk

One to two tablespoons of cocoa powder

If you’re transitioning from a sweet diet, you can also add peanut butter to sweeten the deal.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I recently went vegan (did a 2-3 month gradual shift) after eating like crap for my entire life.  I thought I would miss pizza, beef sandwiches, etc., but I don't anymore.  

Lots of veggies and fruits, smoothies with almond milk, Oats, quinoa, couscous, lots of beans, brown rice, ...  quality water, coffee-vegan creamer, tea, beet juice, light homemade lemonade...

Snacks - pretzels, frozen fruit juice bars, quality tortilla chips with salsa, 

Multivitamin

Lots of places to eat out at that have vegan options, just have to do research...

I eat vegan food and I do a high protein/low fat diet. I eat 1500kcal and 120g protein (keep in mind I'm a tiny girl and I'm shredding right now). I also do intermittent fasting, so I eat my first meal around 17:00

Before work I take my supplements: D-vitamin, Iron, B12 and multivitamins

During work I have a 60g protein shake (peas / hemp protein)

17:00: grilled tofu or beans or lentils or chickpeas + 250g vegetables + bean pasta or rice or potato or avocado or sweet potato + 30kcal of dressing/hummus/sweet chili sauce/soy sauce ++

20:00: grilled tofu or beans or lentils or chickpeas + 250g vegetables +  bean pasta or rice or potato or avocado or sweet potato + 30kcal of dressing/hummus/sweet chili sauce/soy sauce ++

I use Lifesum to scan the food I eat and to keep track of the kcal and macros.

...But what if the opposite is true?

Celery juice in the morning every other day! It really helps my skin! I've less acne since I've started drinking it!

@Dwarniel you eat more protein than I do and I’m a competitive fitness athlete. 120g is overkill, and a 60g shake is wasteful. 25g per meal is just fine. 

15 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

@Dwarniel you eat more protein than I do and I’m a competitive fitness athlete. 120g is overkill, and a 60g shake is wasteful. 25g per meal is just fine. 

Thats the scandinavian fitness method. I feel and look great ??‍♀️

Btw, you don't know my length, weight or the macros of that shake. You don't know if I'm an athlete either ??‍♀️ I use one of the best fitness coaches in Scandinavia, and have been for 5 years. No issues yet. It's perfectly fine to have different food philosophies, but stay humble

Edited by Dwarniel

...But what if the opposite is true?

I've been eating very badly last months, but yesterday I decided to cut sugar.

I remember keto diet made my mood get slightly better and I lost a lot of weight (10 kg in 2 months). I was reading a book by David Perlmutter and Kristin Loberg when I did it.

These days, I've usually been eating whole grains, beans, wild rice, salad, meat, chicken, fish, eggs and dairy.

I always drink a glass of water before having a meal ( about half an hour before)

Edited by KatyWLTZ

Yes. However,  it isn't really a 'habit', but it does look like one. I say that cause it isn't a consciously chosen one. I eat whatever I feel like eating in the moment. BUT: I mostly feel like eating healthy food. I no longer crave sugar or junk food. I don't resist it, if I need to, I eat ice-creams, chocolates, everything. Just, it's very rare. 

So called 'habits':

1. I've had the same breakfast everyday for the past 2.5 years- fruits, dry-fruits and green tea. The contents vary depending on availability and seasonal varieties. 

2. Intermittent fasting: My first meal is around 10 AM. My second and last meal is at 2 PM. I have black tea or black coffee after that and if I get hungry, have some peanuts or dry fruits around 5-6PM. My only cooked meal is lunch. It is mostly rice dishes with vegetables and pulses. I cook everyday, no cheat days because I do not feel like cheating. Outside food makes me lethargic, and there's nobody to cook for me. :P I do eat out sometimes with friends or family - more like 3-4 times a year. As you can imagine, I've lost some of my 'foodie' friends ;)

3. Read and watch 'nutritional' stuff. I no longer watch news or tv shows. The most important news will find a way to me somehow, so avoid 'fear' and 'scarcity' induced content. Eating right also involves feeding your mind well. This again wasn't a conscious decision. I just started feeling good about myself and didn't feel like consuming news or social media. 

How I arrived here: Lots of journalling, shedding tears and sweat, exercising and reading. 

I eat food that makes me strong.

Fruit - meat - fish - eggs - veggies.

I don't go in details. Got list at home.

Avoid all sugars' esp soda. 

but dairy It's hard. Bakery are everywhere in France.

I take few nootropics now. They are costy and prob bs.

I never fast cause I don't believe in it.

But sometimes I do. Someday I can not eat until noon.

And pizza is my favorit hell food.

As long as It don't Fuck my belly.

I try coffee. Once a week is great.

It's all about trial and error and no belief put on food.

Someone know a good book on food ?

Edited by Aeris

@ActualizedDavid

it took me years to fix my "average" diet (pizza, coca cola, mc-donald, eggs, meat, dairy, salt...)
i don't know if i should keep beers or not, i do have 1 once a month...

1. smoothie :
rice milk
banana
blue berries
dried dates (soaked during the night)
raw cacao powder
spirulina
fresh spinaches
curcuma / turmeric
flax seeds, for omega-3 (golden or brown, have same nutritional values).
sunflower seeds
matcha powder (don't overdose!)

2. in a rice cooker :
1/4 cup red lentils + 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup white jasmin rice + 1,5 cup water
some chopped cherry tomatoes
curcuma / turmeric
black pepper (help with the assimilation of curcuma).
cumin seeds
canola oil
in the rice cooker (basket) :
half a can of red beans
tofu (cut in dices)
1 carrot (dices)
broccoli

then, once the cooking is over, add a topping of mustard seeds (to enable sulforaphane to be assimilated, mustard seeds contains the same enzyme as broccoli, which is destroyed by heat).

3. during the day (ideally before meals) : avocado, fruits with high water content (kiwis, watermelon...), almonds & walnuts...
oatmeal is high in fiber, most people have deficiency for this.

4. drink : hibiscus cold brew, just infuse during the night, 2L bottle with 1 or 2 tea bags (it's not tea).

5. in the soups, you can add brewer's yeast.
pro tips for soups : always add a zucchini (no potatoes).

6. sweet potato is also really good! goes well with green lentils + leek & carots.
you can add a bit of quinoa with that.

7. no gluten/wheat.

8. do sports! (helps with healthy life-style) : running, calisthenics...
i do calisthenics 1 hour a day, at work, on lunch time because i'm not hungry.
quality food means that you need to eat less quantity & less often.

9. grapes, or dried raisins, for resveratrol (found in blue berries as well).

--------------------------

organic food as much as possible, or grow your own.

sprouted broccoli seeds, see rhonda patrick for this.
the taste is awful but i think it goes well with raw coliflower & tapenade.

intermittent fasting is also very good!
water fasting (several days) is a different thing, i can expand on this if you want.

for any topic, see michael greger.
https://www.amazon.com/How-Not-Die-Cookbook-Recipes/dp/1250127769

here is a cool rice cooker :

--------------------------

most importantly, heal yourself with consciousness.
tom campbell have an interesting view on "entropy" and uncertainty in health (& beliefs).

see ayurveda as well (no canned & frozen foods, no mushrooms... that's interesting).
water plays an important role here.

oh, and i do have a "flower life" which i put under a water bottle (works with the david star as well).
i'm experimenting with this, it's hard to tell if it makes a difference.
everything is your creation anyway!

pranism is possible, but i'm not really into that thing.

sorry for the poor english, it's late and i'm lazy

Edited by Soulbass

I don't have the best diet but I try a few little choices that I think add up and make a difference.

I make omelettes with egg whites & a single egg instead of multiple eggs, and low fat cheese to still get a yummy satisfying omelette with less calories. I don't mean to be a low-fat weirdo, I still get enough fats from plenty of other sources. Cottage cheese & seafood seem like other healthy protein choices I try to stick with (not gonna lie though, I still eat way too much beef)

I often try to make zucchini noodles in a noodle spiraI cutter thingy and make a pasta with that instead of spaghetti, or at least always try to eat pasta with fibre if eating wheat pasta.

I try to eat lots of berries for fibre, too.

I do a kinobody/leangains style of intermittent fasting, too. I don't know if intermittent fasting really helps or matters, I just find it easy on my time management and it helps me not overeat.

Daily Drink: 

• lots of water,
  • 1 cup of dark, bold coffee with ceylon cinnamon, coconut cream and heavy whipping cream 
  • Matcha green tear
  • Turmeric and ginger tear
  • Ginseng tea
  • Bone broth(2-3 times/week) 

Eat:

• Chicken, fish and shellfish, beef, lamb, eggs
  • Lots of leafy greens, root vegetables, herbs
  • Berries
  • Diary products 
  • Healthy high-fat keto foods
  • Nuts

Sweet treats: