LucyKid

Animals - What are they?

12 posts in this topic

We as human beings can reach enlightenment and the realization of no self and non-duality. What's the case with animals? Are they stage beige on the spiral? are they stage less? Are they a fiction of the human mind? I'm kind of lost here and don't know what to make out of my lovely dog.

Are animals literally selfless and are in flow and zen state 24/7? Doesn't seem like it, seems like they have a lot of ego, and a really huge attachment to their selves and their physical bodies, they are in survival mode all the time. Can an animal reach enlightenment? If not, is it not some sort of evidence that the capacity of the human brain does help us (Probably the one reason) we can become enlightened ourselves? 

Yes, there was one well-recorded case where a cow got enlightened who was a devotee of Ramana Maharshi. I time-stamped it in this documentary. Also leaving behind the possibility for animals to get liberated in the first place, how would we know when an animal gets liberated anyway? 

Edited by Chi_

@LucyKid

The only evident ego to you is your own. There are no other egos, you simply imagine them.

You're literally living inside of the selfless God, and you're the only self there is. (of course, from your pov).

As long as you have a self, you will still see other selves. In other words, as long as you are a devil, you will still see devils. When the self (agendas) is gone, you will be able to to see things as they are without being biased.

5 hours ago, LucyKid said:

We as human beings can reach enlightenment and the realization of no self and non-duality. What's the case with animals? Are they stage beige on the spiral? are they stage less? Are they a fiction of the human mind? I'm kind of lost here and don't know what to make out of my lovely dog.

Are animals literally selfless and are in flow and zen state 24/7? Doesn't seem like it, seems like they have a lot of ego, and a really huge attachment to their selves and their physical bodies, they are in survival mode all the time. Can an animal reach enlightenment? If not, is it not some sort of evidence that the capacity of the human brain does help us (Probably the one reason) we can become enlightened ourselves? 

I can vouch for dogs that they have irrational fears based on memories of trauma. This did not sound like 100% living in the present moment.

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

16 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

@seeking_brilliance Same with crayfish, they did a study were a crayfish was given electrical shocks for exploring its environment and it developed anxiety and quit exploring its environment.  They then gave it a benzo and it explored more often.

So not living in the moment is not just a human condition, but still attributed to fear and ultimately thought

@LucyKid You cannot get answers to these questions from people. You must do the inquiry work.

Awaken to what you are. Then see what questions remain.

Your dog is you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Your dog is you.

Well, that should come as no surprise. Human beings are constantly barking up the wrong tree ;)

Watch from 3:14 & 24:24 for ref about animals..

This is just one aspect....

Edited by Tausif Ahmed

The will to live and reproduce isn't even limited to animals, but plants and even down to bacteria and single cell organisms. So it's not even limited to what we recognize as a brain. What is this driving force? Is it intelligent? 

Humans are indeed very unique to all other organisms on earth but I think we take for granted alot of things we think is special is not really limited to humans.  I think we should explore what does set humans apart. Imagination? Rational thought? Reflective thoughts? Do those both just boil down to imagination? 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

A animal does not have a clear individuation or a  firm thinking mind developed as a human has and is therefore not that self-couscious as a human. A soul experiencing itself as a pet is at the end of its reincarnating cycle in the animal kingdom. The pet is learning from its owner about the human realm before reincarnating there. Thus pets experience human like emotion that most wild animals do not experience. 

I have many dogs in the house and Mercedes stands out from the rest. She has kind of a aura of light about her and is behaving unusualy more affectionate than the rest. Her hearth maybe is open but she is probably not couscious of it! Or maybe she eats a lot and is always happy, I don't know. Sometimes she reminds me of the divine mother or something. 

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.