Ibn Sina

Are demonic possessions real?

15 posts in this topic

I have memories of  people telling me stories of people having demonic possessions, mainly in my  childhood days. 2 of them come to mind.

The first was, that there used to be a woman in the  street, who had made a  following. If anyone used to ask her questions, she would answer the correct thing, and every single one of them came to  be true. Like she predicted that a women's husband had gone abroad, how many daughters, sons she had, predicted the death of someone and it came to be true, correctly told the entire life story of someone's past.

But the most horrifying story, and something that makes me unsure about whether it exists or not is of a story from one of my best friends who was a complete stage orange, non-superstitios person, good at studies and very scientific minded who never used to talk about any occult stuffs or of such kind except this one incident.

In class 8, me, my friend , his sister and his sister's friend used to go by bus. My friend's sister and her friend were neighbhours. My friend told me, that one day, there was a gathering in his sister's friend's house (let's call her nikita). Nikita (she looks like an indian girl in face structure and dark in complexion) was laid down on the floor, her pupil were straight up, only the white part could be seen. She shouted, yelled in a scary way, like a witch.  The witch doctor was also there, who tried to control her and told the spirit to go away, she shouted back to the witch doctor, until some spells were chanted and she was absolutely still. My friend said it was really really scary. I mean how could someone's voice and personality change so much drastically. She still used to go by bus, and I used to observe her, I can't see how she could be such scary like a real witch. While possessed She also spoke in sanskrit , a language that the real she doesn't know.My friend said- I think there really is such a thing as demonic possessions. I think it was real. Really real. He saying that was something like- Richard Dawkins started talking about enlightenment and spirituality. He and I are still friends, we are in fb, he is an engiineer, he has never  said something like that again, it was something he witnessed, he told me, and that's it so I don't think there's any element of prank or anything like that, and with years of friendship I know he is an honest guy.

Nowdays as a medical student I connect it with some mental illness, may be she had some multiple personality disorder or epilespy or something. But still I am unsure. Why would she do that? Doing that just brings loss after loss, there  would be disgrace in family, there is monetary loss due to witch doctor, no one would marry her and so on. So I am unsure.

So what do you guys think, do you think it's real?

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Everything is a manifestation of your own mind...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Give blue psychedelics. And bs come as truth

@Ibn Sina here's how I like to view that

You have a person.

His name is Adam.

Adam was doing fine until last week. Now he has a 'weird' condition... he is been screaming and yelling in pain... speaking in a different voice/sound/tone etc.

Adam is taken to a priest in his city and his family is told he is possessed by a Demon.

Now, the same story above... but let's say Adam was instead taken to see a doctor and he gets diagnosed with schizophrenia. 

Now which one is true?

Is he possessed by a demon?

or does he have schizophrenia? 

OR BOTH? :D

or is it... that "possessed by a demon" or "has schizophrenia" are just labels... What's real is whatever is happening to him, screaming, yelling, weird sounds, visuals etc. (what he thinks maybe happening to him also depends on his conditioning/beliefs upbringing) 

The word RED in my mother tongue (Urdu) is called LAAL

If i have a red apple:

is it red? or laal?

OR BOTH?

Are red / laal POINTING TO the same thing? 

potato / potato

God / Allah

LABELS!

so really, as @abrakamowse said... it is a manifestation of the mind...

His family thinking Adam is possessed will lead them to seek treatment accordingly and appropriately for that situation. 

If they think he has schizophrenia, it will have them take him to seek medical treatment of some sort for his condition.

:)

Edited by SoonHei
clarity and format

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei  I had some psychotic episodes and my wife told me that my face and voice sounded like I was the devil. I didn't want to do any harm, but I was talking like crazy.

IMO the ego when is totally disconnected with the true self it behaves like that, like a devil. I found this too. On a Buddhist forum:

Milarepa a very devoted person to the dharma was in solitary retreat for many years.
At one point he was beset by a demoness who refused to leave his cave.

This is what she said...
"Unless your dualisstic thought manifests itself as your enemy
Due to your own inner delusion,
How can this cave demoness become your enemy?
Besides, this demoness of your hidden delusion
Originates from your own mind.
Unless you realize the mind's intrinsic nature
I shall not leave just because you asked me to."

It is stated....All one's mental clinging to the concept of malicious spirits is but the manifestation of one's own mind.

Milarepa of course shortly after that did realize his intrinsic nature and the demoness of course disappeared. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

13 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

IMO the ego when is totally disconnected with the true self it behaves like that, like a devil.

agreed totally!

i also had one!

but here's the crazy thing. to me, it was BLANK. like deep sleep state.

it was caused by a synthetic substance from a convenience store ($3 ... yup... i know... smh... :P ) but yeah. upon taking it. it kicked in within a minute... then all of a sudden. i recall humming slowly.. and louder and louder.. and then I PASSED OUT...

now my body was there... my friends told me i was screaming for 20 mins straight. my friends around me told me after i "came back" that I was screaming in a deep voice which wasn't mine in any way whatsoever.

they also tried to hold me down as i was inside of my friend's van and was kicking the glass window and moving ... it was 4 of them but could not hold me down..

all this above unknown to me as i was passed out - deep sleep style - but i was clearly awake and walking about...

i do recall the "coming back" like flashes of experience in/out... till i fully came back. i was on the floor of the car... all bent and twisted..

but i would describe it as you did above... being absolutely disconnected from the true self... pure devilness only.

also. crazy enough... i didnt lose my voice or anything.. even after yelling and screaming NON STOP for 20 mins... no impact or heavy/torn throat whatsoever... 

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei  In my case I didn't lose completely awareness, I saw everything that was happening but I didn't have any control of what I was saying and doing. I began to jump all over the place and yell to my wife and daughter that I love them, but it was like yelling very loud... hehehe...

Then I remember I told them that we were going to become Gods and stuff like that. I lot of things that I said were really true, but it was like the devil twisted them to make it seem bad. Like I said that when I talked God was talking at the same time as I was.

I become aware of the truth, but it was like the ego reacted that way because it couldn't accept it.

Really what helped me the most was finding Leo's videos. They shocked me but they finally put me on the right track. Now the ego is still in control but I am much more aware of my own delusions and everyday I had more insights and my false self is falling apart, it's a slow process now, but it is happening.

Maybe @Ibn Sina  you have to watch this TED talk, I think it can bring some light about what you are asking

@abrakamowse slow and steady does it brother

Find peace in knowing that once it picks up traction... The unlearning is inevitable.

Surrender as needed and rest will take care of itself.

Also. Wow ur Experience with u Seeing it happen but not in control.. sounds whacky

Good to hear it's stable now ♥️?

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer

Thanks @SoonHei  same to you.

❤️

Sometimes it is demonic possessions. 

Sometimes it is mental illnesses.

To differentiate the two, recite verse 255 from surah number two:  "The Heifer" ,if you're a muslim.

If it's a demon, it will go away. If it's a mental illness, she will stay crazy. 

Edit : your first story reminds me of something..

Edited by Angelite