mandyjw

Personalized Guidance Thread

70 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, mandyjw said:

You are doing AMAZING for your age!

Thank you thank you *bows*

also, I agree with me being fortunate in finding these resources to help me on my path. I’m very grateful that I’ve found everything that I have.

I'm not a fan of how popular the idea of getting rid of toxic people is. I er more to the mindset that everyone is in your life to help you grow and making efforts to cut people out usually serves the ego more than it does our higher selves.  With that said, it's all about following intuition and knowing when we need to seclude ourselves, avoid distractions people may present and turn inwards. There's no need to cut yourself from unconscious people. I went through years of loneliness and cutting myself off from unconscious people I thought were below me. It took years of seclusion and growth until I realized it was all just so I would be able to see the face of God in everyone and reenter the unconscious world and see it as perfection. The loneliness is fuel for the fire of true love and connection. It helps us to understand the path when we know that's where we are going.

Thank you for telling me this! Seriously, it helped shift my whole perspective on unconscious people. I always thought that they were just holding me back in a sense. I’ll try to be more open to the possibility of them helping me grow on my path. I like the mindset of “everyone is in your life to help you grow” more then just purging someone from my life when I see no conscious behavior coming from them. 

So it sounds like you went through an awakening, and need to go back to business and integrate it.

Heh, I always wanted an awakening. I guess I had this huge misconception that it would be all rainbows and unicorns. Lol. How do you suppose I integrate it? Just continue doing my spiritual work and contemplate it? 

Remember that backward and forward don't actuality but only relatively exist on this path.

Hey, I really like this saying. 

^_^

Do you still have a moderate meditation practice, half hour or an hour a day?

Nope, I killed my habit and now I’m starting up again with 20 minutes. It’s been kinda on and off this past month, but I’m gunna start trying to do it everyday again.  

An awakening often causes your emotional state to react as if you took a pendulum and swung it as hard as you could.

Omg, this is a perfect description of what had happened to me! :P

Nature, moderate meditation, healthy food and taking care of yourself will help ground and balance out these states. 

Thanks, I enjoy taking walks and going to this forestry area as it does help calm me. When I was going through that awakening doing this helped me the most. 10/10 would recommend for everyone. 

After getting into spirituality I did a huge change in my diet. I really cut out all junk food and tend to only eat healthy. This past month was kinda so so as I ate fast food and drank juice a few times but that’s really it. 

:x You're really doing awesome. Pace yourself with meditation, life is spirituality and spirituality is life, we are here for the journey. 

Thanks, and your guidance is appreciated. :P

@mandyjw

I just had a realization that I wanted to share.

As much as I need order in my life because my mind is chaos, I was thrown into this business which had absolutely no structure besides basic needs. My mother in law ran a very successful business, but she ran it with her heart and couldn't bother with set policies and regulations. I have literally had to build structure within this business, from the ground up and no clue what I was doing, and pretty much making it up as I go. This was a huge part of the battle... Much suffering was self-induced over this... I was actually planning to make a comprehensive employee handbook on the trip, but I think I like the idea of listening to an empowering book or two instead.  

It's just funny that I needed order in my life, and I'm being taught (if not forced... *ahem*....) to build order and structure through my business. And I  have never put that together until now...  

Anxiety was triggered twice at work today.  Both were complaints, but the kind that are over things completely out of my control, even if I tried. I have a very physical reaction to anxiety and I guess that's why I fear it. Hate that feeling.  But was able to break out of it quite soon and enjoy my day. Not even a year ago it would have ruined the rest of my day and probably my night too. But I get upset at myself because I have an aversion to apologizing. Of course I'm sorry but I'm usually too busy worrying about how this affects me than to apologize for it I guess! Wow I'm literally answering myself as I type. ? Please tell me meditation will kick this crazy anxiety in the ass.  

P. S.  does having selfish hopes for the future prevent being an unconditionalist? ?‍♂️ 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

16 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Sure, you can either choose to the answer the questions I asked the others above or is there a specific issue you'd like help with?

@mandyjw I've had an awakening about a month ago, and the ego is very confused now. Let me call it 'I' for simplification :) I've noticed that my perspective changes all the time, and there's a sense of groundlessness, which sometimes is viewed through the filter of "oh this is so freeing" and sometimes through the filter of "I have no idea what to do with life now".

There's no vision for what to do with life. There's no pull towards achievement. Life is right now very comfortable, but the habit has always been to strive, to have goals and work towards them. What to do without goals? And, even if I do come up with some goals, it doesn't feel like I can stick with them, the ego is a hell of a shapeshifter, what it finds important today it finds meaningless tomorrow...

And this absense of goals tends to result in some destructive habits and mind patterns from the past. I don't know, I hope this makes sense... I'm 37 by the way, and a year ago I was watching Leo's videos for the first time. I was an atheist and a materialist, suffering and looking for answers. It's been a hell of a ride since then. I don't want to sound like I'm in a bad place, not at all. It's just this sense of groundlessness that came from knowing what I am.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

8 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@mandyjw  

P. S.  does having selfish hopes for the future prevent being an unconditionalist? ?‍♂️ 

No, unless you create this condition.

11 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

No, unless you create this condition.

Thanks that's what I figured but it's a slippery slope 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

8 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@mandyjw

I just had a realization that I wanted to share.

As much as I need order in my life because my mind is chaos, I was thrown into this business which had absolutely no structure besides basic needs. My mother in law ran a very successful business, but she ran it with her heart and couldn't bother with set policies and regulations. I have literally had to build structure within this business, from the ground up and no clue what I was doing, and pretty much making it up as I go. This was a huge part of the battle... Much suffering was self-induced over this... I was actually planning to make a comprehensive employee handbook on the trip, but I think I like the idea of listening to an empowering book or two instead.  

It's just funny that I needed order in my life, and I'm being taught (if not forced... *ahem*....) to build order and structure through my business. And I  have never put that together until now...  

Anxiety was triggered twice at work today.  Both were complaints, but the kind that are over things completely out of my control, even if I tried. I have a very physical reaction to anxiety and I guess that's why I fear it. Hate that feeling.  But was able to break out of it quite soon and enjoy my day. Not even a year ago it would have ruined the rest of my day and probably my night too. But I get upset at myself because I have an aversion to apologizing. Of course I'm sorry but I'm usually too busy worrying about how this affects me than to apologize for it I guess! Wow I'm literally answering myself as I type. ? Please tell me meditation will kick this crazy anxiety in the ass.  

Your focus is the present moment. Your power lies there. By the way have you read The Power of Now?

My best friend just shut down her grooming business when she and her husband had to move away for his job. Anything you want me to ask her? I'm fairly familiar with the grooming business, from the outside looking in anyway, and I know complaints and impossible to please customers is a given in that business. Other than having great policies of how to handle them, talking to as many other groomers you can and seeing what they do to mitigate complaints, just accept that it's a nature of the business. Work on really making the customers feel cared for.

Contemplate this question, how can you bring your heart into the business more? What do you love the most about it? Instead of focusing on worrying about complaints how can you make your customers really happy? I know some grooming shots have photo props and take pictures of the dogs for the customers as an extra. People love that kind of thing. Is there anything fun like that you could get excited about adding?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

So far I would like to know how to handle acute depression, anxiety, fear and etc. emerged in spiritual journey. How do you make money in this state when you lose all your functionality?

39 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@seeking_brilliance @mandyjw

As per my first homework assignment, here is my meditation report. 

AWESOME!!! Distractions are ok but try to get your husband used to your new routine if you can. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 hours ago, Gili Trawangan said:

@mandyjw I've had an awakening about a month ago, and the ego is very confused now. Let me call it 'I' for simplification :) I've noticed that my perspective changes all the time, and there's a sense of groundlessness, which sometimes is viewed through the filter of "oh this is so freeing" and sometimes through the filter of "I have no idea what to do with life now".

There's no vision for what to do with life. There's no pull towards achievement. Life is right now very comfortable, but the habit has always been to strive, to have goals and work towards them. What to do without goals? And, even if I do come up with some goals, it doesn't feel like I can stick with them, the ego is a hell of a shapeshifter, what it finds important today it finds meaningless tomorrow...

And this absense of goals tends to result in some destructive habits and mind patterns from the past. I don't know, I hope this makes sense... I'm 37 by the way, and a year ago I was watching Leo's videos for the first time. I was an atheist and a materialist, suffering and looking for answers. It's been a hell of a ride since then. I don't want to sound like I'm in a bad place, not at all. It's just this sense of groundlessness that came from knowing what I am.

So there are two things to understand, and I'm in a similar kind of place so I can really relate to this feeling.

This new understanding of life takes time to integrate. Habit, routines and practical goals for your life are still just as valuable as ever. Going back to "beginner" subjects on personal development might be necessary. You've gone full circle.

Another perspective is that you see life in an entirely new way and you're like a newborn deer learning to walk on wobbly legs. You've been born again. Once you glimpse how you're creating your world, you need to learn to use intuition and work on things through pure inspiration. We have seen that drudgery and forcing things through doesn't work. Abraham Hicks is a master at teaching this. I highly recommend her at any stage! Envision the life you want. Create goals and go for desires. But also be open to the fact that those desires aren't yours, they come from a high place and they were in place before you were even born. Those are the ones we want to tune ourselves into. Sometimes you have to head down the wrong path a little ways before you know to turn around and find the right one. That wasn't a waste of time, that was a valuable experience in giving you clarity. When you get back on the path that is right it feels SO GOOD and you learn to know by feeling a little better next time when you're on the right track. 

@Buba You might like my advice above, but I highly, highly recommend Abraham Hicks. Check out her videos on youtube. She's amazing for getting you beyond all those problems and at the same time will take you further with spirituality. 

22 hours ago, SilentTears said:

Heh, I always wanted an awakening. I guess I had this huge misconception that it would be all rainbows and unicorns. Lol. How do you suppose I integrate it? Just continue doing my spiritual work and contemplate it? 

Stick with a moderate meditation practice, continue with listening to great teachers, doing self inquiry, watching your thoughts and emotional state. Continue reading books and even doing basic personal development and plain old enjoying life as it unfolds, including appreciating all the seemingly mundane parts. 

23 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Your focus is the present moment. Your power lies there. By the way have you read The Power of Now?

My best friend just shut down her grooming business when she and her husband had to move away for his job. Anything you want me to ask her? I'm fairly familiar with the grooming business, from the outside looking in anyway, and I know complaints and impossible to please customers is a given in that business. Other than having great policies of how to handle them, talking to as many other groomers you can and seeing what they do to mitigate complaints, just accept that it's a nature of the business. Work on really making the customers feel cared for.

I have the power of now on audible but never listened to it much, as I tend to hop around to something else very quickly. I think I am at the point now that I have tried many many things and can begin to settle on what I respond to.  I have read some of his quotes from you and they were beautiful, so I look forward to finally listening to the book.  Is this my reading assignment? ?(edit : wait, no my assignment was a book on management... I'll consider this extra-curricular hehe) 

I appreciate that about your groomer friend. If I can think of anything to ask, I will. I also frequent a groomer forum, so information is easy to get. But the fact that you even remotely understand my predicament is so awesome and I now understand why it took a while to get a response to my guidance request and here you are!

23 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Contemplate this question, how can you bring your heart into the business more? What do you love the most about it? Instead of focusing on worrying about complaints how can you make your customers really happy? I know some grooming shots have photo props and take pictures of the dogs for the customers as an extra. People love that kind of thing. Is there anything fun like that you could get excited about adding?

I love the way you think, and we are on a very similar wavelength. Since last Christmas I have had a permanent photo booth in the corner of the lobby which gets changed with the seasons. Its free to use, and I just wanted to do something to make clients happy. I have had so many compliments! Also, I have started a new program at the beginning of this year, where you get a list of services with each groom and you can collect them to trade in for various perks and discounts. Its my version of a loyalty program, and helps me not to have to check up on the groomers so much because as they check off their services performed, its their promise to the client that these things have been done. So I kind of had a selfish reason behind it as well :P So the truth is everything is only improving, its just my thought patterns that focus on the negatives. And I'm aware of that, and its  slowly dissolving... slowly but surely...

Oh and I was rereading our posts and I do think I could jog for up to 10 minutes and then 10 stretching and then 10 meditation. I actually really like that idea and I'll start it on the weekends in my Calvin and hobbes park ? there's a bridge over a stream that's perfect for stretching and resting 

P. S. I'll just keep updating my meditation journal without post bombing you on here about it. You can check in anytime you wish and then update my goals on here as we go along) for the first few weeks or months I will need some praise, just letting you know lol

bella.jpg

48273141_2199580156929255_2240634818566029312_o.jpg

checklist lilac.jpg

30127408_1987775254773423_6456081796234462506_n.jpg

Edited by seeking_brilliance

On 12-8-2019 at 11:31 PM, mandyjw said:

What is your age, gender, how did you find Leo's videos? 

28, Male, I stumbled upon it about 5 years ago through Youtube. The stuff really resonated with me. Especially when the spiritual stuff came up because Leo has found a really great way to introduce these subjects to... let's say, stage orangish people. 

What are your biggest pain points in life, and which are your greatest strengths in spirituality?

Biggest pain points would be mainly worrying about job, financial situation and life purpose. The job I have is OK but I know that it's not really the thing I wanna keep doing, even though I have no idea yet what that would be (LP/dreamjob). Also I really need it because I have a household to support and thoughts about fucking up and getting fired regularly haunt my mind. This results in an almost constant feeling of anxiety in the background which comes in waves and also fucks up my sleep and appetite. 

My greatest strengths in spirituality are I think being somewhat gifted into reaching altered states of consciousness. I meditate very inconsistently but when I do it almost always feels like a light psychedelic trip within about 15 minutes. I pretty much always get visual distortion and sometimes it feels like I'm spinning, falling or losing the feeling of being in a body. Also I've a few enlightenment experiences with fairly low/medium doses of  psychedelics, mostly non dual/ego death but even god realization once (That really freaked me out). My concentration is not that great and lot's of monkey mind but self inquiry and deep existential questioning has always been a part of me since childhood. So I think that with the help of psychedelics it was easy to see what I've always subconsciously suspected.

Which thoughts or feelings that don't feel good are most repetitive in your experience?

Worrying about uncertain job situation. Getting stuck in wage slaving for years without having time to find out what I want and self actualize. Sometimes thinking about wasted opportunity, although that is getting less. Really active and creative mind that just won't stop. It has a strong need to express itself but I does not know how and is insecure about it. So it half assess or never finish it. 

What do you currently do for spiritual practices? What are you working toward in life, or what is your greatest vision or goal? 

Meditation a few times a week usually half an hour. A thing I do which works really nice for me is walking at night in a quiet area just doing witnessing meditation. Doing psychedelics every once in a while mostly mushrooms. 

I'm currently trying to find out what my LP is I would say. I've used to do a lot more creative stuff back when I was younger but I got depressed for a few years and lost interest. Now I've got a household and have little spare time which is a problem combined with being a not so structured person. 

I don't even know what my greatest vision or goal is right now.. I can't make up my mind.  I do however know that spiritual enlightenment is something that will definitely come up if the lower Maslow pyramid stages are met. I don't think I can just go on living the orange or green live for too long with all these enlightenment experiences. Those where the only times I felt completely free. 

10 hours ago, mandyjw said:

So there are two things to understand, and I'm in a similar kind of place so I can really relate to this feeling.

This new understanding of life takes time to integrate. Habit, routines and practical goals for your life are still just as valuable as ever. Going back to "beginner" subjects on personal development might be necessary. You've gone full circle.

Another perspective is that you see life in an entirely new way and you're like a newborn deer learning to walk on wobbly legs. You've been born again. Once you glimpse how you're creating your world, you need to learn to use intuition and work on things through pure inspiration. We have seen that drudgery and forcing things through doesn't work. Abraham Hicks is a master at teaching this. I highly recommend her at any stage! Envision the life you want. Create goals and go for desires. But also be open to the fact that those desires aren't yours, they come from a high place and they were in place before you were even born. Those are the ones we want to tune ourselves into. Sometimes you have to head down the wrong path a little ways before you know to turn around and find the right one. That wasn't a waste of time, that was a valuable experience in giving you clarity. When you get back on the path that is right it feels SO GOOD and you learn to know by feeling a little better next time when you're on the right track. 

@Buba You might like my advice above, but I highly, highly recommend Abraham Hicks. Check out her videos on youtube. She's amazing for getting you beyond all those problems and at the same time will take you further with spirituality. 

@mandyjw Thanks a lot, indeed it feels like learning from scratch. Like so many have said before, awakening is just the beginning :)

I will check out Abraham Hicks, don't know her yet.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

11 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Thank you. It has been more than a year I occassionally lose my functionality because of depression, anxiety, fear and etc. I want to increase meditation time, but I am scared my state will worsen or I will be devastated by what I see (like Paul here). People say daily practice will end Dark Night, but many people get stuck in this phase despite daily practice. 

I will watch Abraham’s videos.

19 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I have the power of now on audible but never listened to it much, as I tend to hop around to something else very quickly. I think I am at the point now that I have tried many many things and can begin to settle on what I respond to.  I have read some of his quotes from you and they were beautiful, so I look forward to finally listening to the book.  Is this my reading assignment? ?(edit : wait, no my assignment was a book on management... I'll consider this extra-curricular hehe) 

I appreciate that about your groomer friend. If I can think of anything to ask, I will. I also frequent a groomer forum, so information is easy to get. But the fact that you even remotely understand my predicament is so awesome and I now understand why it took a while to get a response to my guidance request and here you are!

I love the way you think, and we are on a very similar wavelength. Since last Christmas I have had a permanent photo booth in the corner of the lobby which gets changed with the seasons. Its free to use, and I just wanted to do something to make clients happy. I have had so many compliments! Also, I have started a new program at the beginning of this year, where you get a list of services with each groom and you can collect them to trade in for various perks and discounts. Its my version of a loyalty program, and helps me not to have to check up on the groomers so much because as they check off their services performed, its their promise to the client that these things have been done. So I kind of had a selfish reason behind it as well :P So the truth is everything is only improving, its just my thought patterns that focus on the negatives. And I'm aware of that, and its  slowly dissolving... slowly but surely...

Oh and I was rereading our posts and I do think I could jog for up to 10 minutes and then 10 stretching and then 10 meditation. I actually really like that idea and I'll start it on the weekends in my Calvin and hobbes park ? there's a bridge over a stream that's perfect for stretching and resting 

P. S. I'll just keep updating my meditation journal without post bombing you on here about it. You can check in anytime you wish and then update my goals on here as we go along) for the first few weeks or months I will need some praise, just letting you know lol

Try to read The Power of Now but don't force yourself, it's not for everyone. I absolutely love Eckhart Tolle but I'm a little bit aware of my self-biases. ;) I can handle a couple different books at a time but I know that not everyone likes to do that.  

It looks like you're doing a great job with your business. If we deal with the anxiety itself we find that we have more energy for creative solutions and if we try to find creative solutions then we find that we have less anxiety. It's always most effective to pay attention to both sides. 

So glad you think you be able to do the jogging! I had great results from that. I'm keeping an eye on your journal. You mentioned the groggy thoughts, and what you call "dreamlets", I love that term by the way. Those will come up. We aren't trying to completely drop thoughts, we are watching our thoughts and determining which thoughts we are "thinking" through efforting and which thoughts just appear on their own. You can see visions, images, have memories and all kinds of things. Stay open to them, don't judge them as bad, but don't try to make them happen either. The more general thoughts about life are just to be watched and let go of. You're building focus. You're becoming aware of how your thoughts create your world. You're doing awesome!!! 

19 hours ago, AncestorOfAisle6 said:

28, Male, I stumbled upon it about 5 years ago through Youtube. The stuff really resonated with me. Especially when the spiritual stuff came up because Leo has found a really great way to introduce these subjects to... let's say, stage orangish people. 

Biggest pain points would be mainly worrying about job, financial situation and life purpose. The job I have is OK but I know that it's not really the thing I wanna keep doing, even though I have no idea yet what that would be (LP/dreamjob). Also I really need it because I have a household to support and thoughts about fucking up and getting fired regularly haunt my mind. This results in an almost constant feeling of anxiety in the background which comes in waves and also fucks up my sleep and appetite. 

My greatest strengths in spirituality are I think being somewhat gifted into reaching altered states of consciousness. I meditate very inconsistently but when I do it almost always feels like a light psychedelic trip within about 15 minutes. I pretty much always get visual distortion and sometimes it feels like I'm spinning, falling or losing the feeling of being in a body. Also I've a few enlightenment experiences with fairly low/medium doses of  psychedelics, mostly non dual/ego death but even god realization once (That really freaked me out). My concentration is not that great and lot's of monkey mind but self inquiry and deep existential questioning has always been a part of me since childhood. So I think that with the help of psychedelics it was easy to see what I've always subconsciously suspected.

Worrying about uncertain job situation. Getting stuck in wage slaving for years without having time to find out what I want and self actualize. Sometimes thinking about wasted opportunity, although that is getting less. Really active and creative mind that just won't stop. It has a strong need to express itself but I does not know how and is insecure about it. So it half assess or never finish it. 

Meditation a few times a week usually half an hour. A thing I do which works really nice for me is walking at night in a quiet area just doing witnessing meditation. Doing psychedelics every once in a while mostly mushrooms. 

I'm currently trying to find out what my LP is I would say. I've used to do a lot more creative stuff back when I was younger but I got depressed for a few years and lost interest. Now I've got a household and have little spare time which is a problem combined with being a not so structured person. 

I don't even know what my greatest vision or goal is right now.. I can't make up my mind.  I do however know that spiritual enlightenment is something that will definitely come up if the lower Maslow pyramid stages are met. I don't think I can just go on living the orange or green live for too long with all these enlightenment experiences. Those where the only times I felt completely free. 

What kind of creative projects do you do, start and not finish? 

One thing to remember is that while we have a society that is really blessed and advanced, it puts little value on what we're trying to develop here. So at the same time that we develop ourselves, we are here to experience things we don't want so that we can build what we do want. We are building upon lifetimes of wanting. Wanting a secure country, wanting a society with more equality, wanting a way to communicate to people across the world in no time, all those are recent wishes granted in just the past 100 years. How many times have you found yourself wanting some sort of new innovation and a year or two later, someone has created it? What I'm saying is, there is a lot of value to God and the Universe as a whole for us in wanting what we don't have. This is the very reason Leo if doing his conscious politics series, we need to build a world where these obstacles are dealt with. So know that you are exactly where you are meant to be, and you are instrumental to the evolution of the world. It's when we make our wants personal and focus on lack that they harm us. 

It's from that place of being connected with the whole, that you can know that what appears to be lack, is not in fact lack at all. We can only move forward to where we want to go if we love where we are on the journey now. If time existed that wouldn't be true, but it's an illusion. You have the gift of knowing that, the challenge is training yourself not to forget it so much as you create in the illusion of time. 

Please set out some time for your creative projects, or time for yourself to do whatever makes your soul speak. Even if it's a tiny amount of time once a week. Again time doesn't exist and it doesn't matter how long you spend doing it, it's our intentions that matter. 

@mandyjw I was wondering if you practice(d) a form of spiritual autolysis, whether it's the McKenna method or Katie Byron or something else.  I'd like to start that up again, what would be a good inquiry? Looking to go further in my practices and fortunately autolysis doesn't require meditation 

@seeking_brilliance Sorry I can't be much help here, I never had a formal self inquiry practice. My self inquiry process was weird and intuitive, and I'm not a great teacher for it. I need to further research it and understand it better. Follow your intuition, I know there are many masters of self inquiry here on the forum, I'm not one of them though. I do know that Ramaji has some great videos on self inquiry though.