MindfulXpansion

Spiritual Hip-Hop Music?

32 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for artists that have conscious lyrics in their music, what are your recommendations?

Years ago I remember looking for spiritual rappers, but I had a hard time finding any with lyrics that resonated with me, so I decided to start creating my own music, you can check out my music here and see if you vibe: https://soundcloud.com/mindfulxpansion

I'd love to hear your feedback!

A little bit about myself:

I dropped out of university when I was 19 to live in Hawaii for a year, Now at 22 I live in Costa Rica in a mystery school- It's my goal to help share conscious music to help awaken and inspire people to follow their heart and gain some self-knowledge. I made this thread so I can connect with other fellow artists :)

Thanks for reading, have a wonderful day!

James

Eyedea and Abilities - First Born

Oliver Hart

same artist under different name

alot of philosophical, non dual, ranting mental patient type of music x)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

please delete this post of mine :) 

Edited by Mulky
lack of rap knowledge

Once upon a time there was this guy named Rali. He was a seeker at the time and none of use had any idea what we were doing. I believe Leo knew him or some such because that's how i found out about this forum. He got in touch with Jan Esmann and after a shaktipat session he just disappeared. Never heard from that guy.

Anyways, he posted some really dope spiritual rap. Authentic as they came. I can't find them on youtube anymore though. 

If you are a real internet archaeologist you might search for: "Rali", "Naked Reality", "Rap".

I know for a fact that his rap name was not the same as his spiritual name. 

But anyhow. Godspeed. 

1 hour ago, ActualizedDavid said:

Yo

Hold your horses!! I don't think OP is looking for such high conscious songs! Lol

Edited by Chi_

Cyne - Paradise, Cathatsis, 400 years

Nujabes- all his work, try

There is Nujabes and Cyne together, like Nujabes ft Cise starr(Cyne) - Feather

Nujabes ft Shingo - luv

Blackalicious is very very hippieish and stage Greenish, very positive message

check out their stuff from Blazing Arrow and Nia

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@MindfulXpansion

I don't neccesarily think rap is the most "conscious" genre, there are some rappers who I know take psychdelics and must have had profound insights and are very Green/purple potentially speaking from insights deeper than that, yet as far as the most conscious raper goes I would say in mainstream. Kendrick, Logic, Hopsin and J Cole or on the front. Also, reading about hyerspace, terrance mckenna and for instance the shock doctrine which talks about capitalism etc.

Ab-soul has some deep and dark songs, ua or the beast coast. But, so far from listening to your soundcloud I these songs strike me as somehow conscious if it is structural development or just brining across a message or explaining the state of affairs. Not some beat and repetitive gucci gucci. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

@MindfulXpansion

Don't forget lil dicky !! 

I like freestyle because artist have to perform and tap into creativity.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Focus on the solution, not the problem

@FoxFoxFox  Really?! Rali was a rapper, I watched Rali 2 years ago or so, never knew about that. He was active few months ago on youtube, he went through a lot of shit. Hope he is doing good now.

On 12.8.2019 at 4:15 PM, MindfulXpansion said:

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for artists that have conscious lyrics in their music, what are your recommendations?

Years ago I remember looking for spiritual rappers, but I had a hard time finding any with lyrics that resonated with me, so I decided to start creating my own music, you can check out my music here and see if you vibe: https://soundcloud.com/mindfulxpansion

I dropped out of university when I was 19 to live in Hawaii for a year, Now at 22 I live in Costa Rica in a mystery school- It's my goal to help share conscious music to help awaken and inspire people to follow their heart and gain some self-knowledge. I made this thread so I can connect with other fellow artists :)

James

Hey James, thanks for sharing your music. Can u give us more informations about your mystery school. Sounds quite interesting :) 

On 8/12/2019 at 10:15 AM, MindfulXpansion said:

Hey everyone,

James

The only real spiritual hip hop artist I have found i found a few weeks ago by accident. They are relatively unheard of but I did some digging and all their songs are about god. Even on their profile page it says "you are the god you are looking for"