Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dwarniel

Mushrooms for the first time, any advice?

8 posts in this topic

I'm considering to try it out for the first time. I've been curious about this for 10 years - I'm soon to be 27 now.
I've waited to let my brain develop, and worked through panic attack and depression issues. I feel like I'm in a good place, with a strong psychology. I understand that I'm in a risky category because of my past with depression and anxiety, but I really feel like I've overcome this. I've been in a good place for a solid 3 years. I have no schizophrenia or other mental disorders in my family. 

In a way, panic attacks are simply a strong fear of death - And in my case I had to accept death to transcend these panic attacks. If I get a panic attack nowadays I just don't care, because I have this deep understanding of "this isn't dangerous" or "ok, guess i'll just die then". Then it fades away in like a minute. So I feel kind of confident that I'll be able to handle any trip induced anxiety/panic

But, I would love to get some first hand experience or advice on this.

The reason I want to try mushrooms is because I want to experience a different perspective. I've accepted intellectually (shame on me) that reality right now is simply a perspective as well - So I feel like experiencing a completely different perspective would help me to realize this truth first hand, through my body, not just in my thoughts. If that makes sense.

I've done Vipassana meditation for 8 years, three 10day retreats and one 30 day retreat. I'm strong when it comes to observing sensations objectively. I feel prepared, but you never know?

The plan was to take a small dose of a mushroom that we have here in Scandinavia (Psilocybe semilanceata) with a good friend of mine that's very experienced with psychedelics as a trip sitter. I want to do it at home in my apartment, on a saturday, with the whole sunday off to integrate. 

Do you have any advice for me? Do you think it's a good idea with my history? Any tips regarding the dose? I'm usually pretty sensitive to stuff

Edited by Dwarniel
added info

...But what if the opposite is true?

1 minute ago, Gili Trawangan said:

I'd say go for it. Just surrender to the experience.

"Surrender" kinda became my mantra on my 30 day retreat. ^_^ Thanks for your input! 

Yes go for it! Leo has some great videos about psychedelics: https://actualized.org/articles/how-to-use-psychedelics-for-personal-development

Look for other trip reports on the internet, you can learn from others experiences, there is a trip report mega-thread. I like to drink ginger tea after I eat the mushrooms on an empty stomach, it helps me reduce the nausea effects. Start with a lower dose, and build yourself up. You will always have time to try higher doses but if you start with strong, you may get scared and never want to do psychedelics again. Be careful with dosing mushrooms, it is not the same 2 grams of fresh mushrooms as of dried ones. Have fun and please let us know how it goes ;)

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

6 minutes ago, reves said:

Yes go for it! Leo has some great videos about psychedelics: https://actualized.org/articles/how-to-use-psychedelics-for-personal-development

Look for other trip reports on the internet, you can learn from others experiences, there is a trip report mega-thread. I like to drink ginger tea after I eat the mushrooms on an empty stomach, it helps me reduce the nausea effects. Start with a lower dose, and build yourself up. You will always have time to try higher doses but if you start with strong, you may get scared and never want to do psychedelics again. Be careful with dosing mushrooms, it is not the same 2 grams of fresh mushrooms as of dried ones. Have fun and please let us know how it goes ;)

Thank you!! I'll buy some ginger if i decide to do it :D

Add another one' :)

Your inner work seams good enough

Enjoy your trip ;)