Pilgrim

How To Skyrocket Growth?

12 posts in this topic

What's the best way to boost personal development? I know there are no quick fixes, but due to a very spoiling upbringing I feel like I am far behind in quite many areas. There is so much that I need to learn, it's crazy. But mostly I need to get out of my comfort zone and start to be able to deal with more pressure and to take some risks. I play it way too safe. One thing I plan to do is go to a poetry slam and present a text of mine. It won't be genius, but I guess it won't be too bad either and it's definitely a challenge for me to show myself and my thoughts in front of an unknown audience. I want to put myself in more situations like this and really would like to do a few extraordinary things that really push my development as far as possible. I know that consistent effort is key as well and most efficient in the long run – no matter how small the improvement. Any tips on how to make myself more accountable with consistency as well? 

But generally I am looking for situations/workshops/experiences that enable remarkable growth in a relatively short time. Have you had any such experiences? I am quite sure I don't do this out of a need for approval.. I really want this for myself. I want to work on my own empowerment and feel empowered. I want to become the creator of my life and not stay a reactor. It's starting to make me a bit angry even that I have done this to myself for this long and now I can't wait to become the creator I wish to be. 

What are generally the most important ingredients for growth in your opinion? (the toolkit basically) 

Which events/experiences made your growth skyrocket?

Thanks so much in advance! :x  

@Pilgrim Make a list with specific topics and put it on your wall. Choose one item to work each week and do so mindfully. Example:

• I find it hard to talk to the opposite sex
  • I struggle to remain calm when talking to close family members
  • I often become anxious at work

After choosing one item, keep in your mind that every situation that arises is an opportunity to practice.

unborn Truth

Some ways you can grow more is to interview people who already are where you wanna be and figure out how they did it through the interview.

One of the ways to really grow is going through what you find hard to do.

A good way is also to balance between theory and practice(or books and experience) 

Those areas where I have grown the most was when I started accepting full responsibility for my life and started taking action.

Something to be aware about is that it can be a trap to fall into the short cut mindset where you look for ways things can be easier and quicker instead of doing the real work. i have fallen in to this trap related to learning while it is good to learn about how to learn more effectively you should still a more effort mindset where you value doing the real work required. 

A good tip to remember is that growth only happens when you are outside your comfort zone. 

Hope you can use these tips.

By the way a good tip to skyrocket growth is to be more direct in your approach this is a principle by scott young in his ultra learning book. For example if you have trouble to speak to the opposite sex a direct approach would mean to go up and speak with them. Or if you have a fear of heights a direct approach would mean go up really high where you can feel the fear.  Thats a good way to grow fast. 

Edited by BjarkeT

Priorities,focus,minimizing distractions...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Stay alive, and don't suffer.

That's one of the most challenging things to do, but it's still relatively easy compared to mastering survival and being happy at the same time. That's one of a hell thing to do.

This is what I do:

1. Have a dream – it has to be the ultimate wish, no compromises, it has to feel awesome every time you imagine it. This is not a goal, goals are more realistic, when you have a dream you shoot for the stars! This gives you motivation and drive to keep going and get through tough times. Don’t worry about details too much, it just has to feel awesome, you’ll work on details as you go.
  2. Have next couple of steps towards it – this is what you work on, think about, analyse, learn, research etc
  3. Celebrate every progress – your motivation is your biggest energy source, you need to keep feeding it

I have an opinion on everything :D

Principles that you can implement in your life on a minute to minute basis are what's going to grow you. There's no quick solution because ultimately you are already whole there can't be a method ?

Some of those principles are(Contemplate those) :Truth, honesty, authenticity. 

What is most true about your experience?

Do you actually want to know? 

How can you align yourself to what is most true in all situations? 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Intentionally suffer. Long fasts such as dry fasting. Get arrested and go to jail or maybe just spend some time feeding homeless people.

Seriously though I didn't read the post. Kriya yoga. Make a fool of yourself intentionally in public. Strong determination sitting.

@Pilgrim A very practical thing I did last year was to leave where I live with no money with the ambition of traveling around France for a few days. I titled it the no-money challenge. I went and hitchhiked with whoever wanted to take me somewhere new. I met tons of people, asked around for food and shelter.

This was a huge experience in letting go. No plans, no idea of where I'll be in 2 hours, just some persistence and the conviction that it will work out. This wholesale surrender of trying to control my circumstances really extended my vision of what is possible and helped me develop using a more ying energy. It was very uncomfortable at first yet powerful.

Hee, I was pulled towards this thread because I feel like I am skyrocketing in my growth, literaly I have had this image of a rocket launching off with increasing speed until the point it hard to handle ?

Three biggest things for me are:

- Vision; create a long-term direction of where you want to go. It doesn’t even need to be that specific. It’s really about setting your mind towards creating an amazingly deep life. This vision will start to create so much structural tension that you will be pulled in ways towards it that are hard to imagine.

- Habits; don’t think about, ah I need to do this one thing. If only I overcome this one obstacle I will be on my way. Build solid habits from the ground up. Things like meditation, yoga, fitness, healthy eating, visualisation, reading, etc. You know the deal. These will start to snowball and add on top of eachother.

- Psychedelics. Over the last two years I did around 30 psychedelic trips with psylocibin mushrooms. Not extremely high doses, but consistently every few weeks with specific intentions. This single habit I think can bring tremendous change, although it also makes the ride a bit rocky, in my experience.

?

Realizeyourgrowth.com