Finland3286

Kissing Guru Feet

11 posts in this topic

In Leo's video about authority he discusses how some students will basically praise their Guru's or teachers to no end and hang on every single word they say. Because of the students basically kissing the teachers feet and I guess sometimes literally kissing the teachers feet they will never ever reach enlightenment. If this is the case why would Osho start his own community where so many of his students praised him so much and basically kissed his feet? 

Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?

What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?

Because I don't belong in this world. -Eminem

Kissing guru's feet is enlightenment for some people, considering the variety of levels of cognitive development.

I would say that the path of devotion, (bhakti) is a valid spiritual path for some people that leads to enlightenment.

My uncle obsessively cleans his Porsche  everyday because he loves it so much. 

Is there much of a difference?

You can kiss feet in love and gratitude, or you can kiss feet because you think it will get you something. Osho can't help which one happens, so both are allowed. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Enlightenment doesn't banish all evil which is inside you cause you can be a little enlightened with a lot of unresolved shadow elements. So was Osho in that boat. Believe me when you have so much power and so many followers it's hard to stay humble and not to manipulate people for your deep deep ego needs like sex.

Mahadev

3 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

My uncle obsessively cleans his Porsche  everyday because he loves it so much. 

Is there much of a difference?

Both are pathetic.

I m my own Porsche

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

You can kiss feet in love and gratitude, or you can kiss feet because you think it will get you something. Osho can't help which one happens, so both are allowed. 

@seeking_brilliance Osho can kiss my feet in love and gratitude for my existence if he wants.

If that sounds shocking, its because many people think a guru is better than them and beyond what they will ever achieve. If they believe that, they are correct.

For me, no guru is better than me or beyond what I can achieve. Since I believe that, I am correct.

Edited by Matt8800

40 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@seeking_brilliance Osho can kiss my feet in love and gratitude for my existence if he wants.

If that sounds shocking, its because many people think a guru is better than them and beyond what they will ever achieve. If they believe that, they are correct.

For me, no guru is better than me or beyond what I can achieve. Since I believe that, I am correct.

No it didn't shock me, I would love to see thatxD

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Jesus washed his disciples' feet. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost