mandyjw

Creative and Emotional types require a different path to enlightenment

96 posts in this topic

@Martin123 Yeah I definitely have trauma to work through. I have been self-medicating on cannabis in periods basically since I was 20. I am 32 now. It has just dawned on me after watching some Gabor Mate lectures and interviews that I have been self-medicated ADHD. It is so damn obvious, I am 95% sure. At the same time I don't know if I even want to do in investigation with psychologist. For what? Some prescribed central stimulants? Nah.

I will focus more on what you wrote. Thanks :)

Edited by Esoteric
Added text

@Esoteric Yeah, also I would say substance abuse of any kind including weed slows down the kundalini awakening, which is not what you want because it cannot be stopped, but it can be slowed down into an insanely agonizing pace. 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 Perhaps it does. But I really don't know. When I am on weed I can penetrate much deeper into my being and I go way deeper in general. But the focus and motivation for practices drop. So while it has it cons in the long run it is not by any means useless. Speaking as truthfully as I can: Do I want to be dependent on it? Hell no. And it does create emotional shit when going off it. But I probably wouldn't have kept stable jobs without it. Been off it for a month now and I want to stay off it for a good while this time.

Here's a tell tale sign that you are on track.  Music brings out love.  Music is love.  So if you love Metallica and the Bee Gees you are on the right track.  Lose all identities.

I can feel Kundalini (i call it Being) when i listen to either because it's pure love.

By the way a beautiful group is David and the Giants - they are Christian based and i don't believe they are enlightened but their music is pure Love.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I get a sense Mandy that you feel like a fish out of water sometimes, like you have few that you can relate to, and that causes you a certain feeling of being left out that you're driven to try to close that gap.  I think you might be blaming this on men, but probably this issue/problem originates much closer to home.  I would examine why you want/need everyone else to be like you.  Could you perhaps be the network of all differences instead?  Being is fine as it is right now.

I don't get that impression.  Look around at the members here.  The ratio of male to female is much higher.  There are a good amount of females here but a lot more are male.  So is it wrong to ponder the question?  Maybe you are projecting.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Can you have an opinion and let me have mine too?  I get the sense that you feel you need to squash my opinion.  Again, this need for everyone to be like me.  Try being the network of differences.  What this does is builds tolerance for pluralism and the ability to see your Ego as just one Ego among many.  You don't identify as the Ego, you identify as the network of Egos -- the All.

How is making a statement that i get a different impression squashing your opinion?  

And how is posing the possiblity that you are projecting forcing my views on you when i said maybe...

I think in my opinion that you need to take a step back and take a look at yourself.  You are trying to pull me into some type of war or argument and I'm not going to bite.  And you know this.  You know i have compassion for all Beings so please do not use it against me to try and tempt me into some type of feud with you so you can win and feel superior.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I've said before that different people need different paths, so respect their differences because not everyone is like you.

There are not just two paths, there are more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

And it does create emotional shit when going off it

That's just whatever the weed is actually repressing from your emotional body coming up.
Kundalini awakening is all about emotion, the "emotioal shit" are the weeps and screams of your traumas and inner child that are actually in charge of how your awakening is going to go. That's the surrender... you surrender into your emotions, and that's why the masculine path will not take you there, and nor will weed.

50 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I get a sense Mandy that you feel like a fish out of water sometimes, like you have few that you can relate to, and that causes you a certain feeling of being left out and you're driven to try to close that gap.  I think you might be blaming this on men, but probably this issue/problem originates much closer to home.  I would examine why you want/need everyone else to be like you.  Could you perhaps be the network of all differences instead?  Being is fine as it is right now.

Sure, I feel like a fish out of water sometimes, but the flip side is that that's the fire/desire for Oneness and enlightenment.  I'm not blaming men, I really hope what I wrote doesn't come off that way. I know plenty of men who are traveling a similar path. Feminine and masculine is an easy way to describe or understand the energies, but ultimately it's just a metaphor for duality merging to one. 

23 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

This is awesome! Thank you!!!

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

Sure, I feel like a fish out of water sometimes, but the flip side is that that's the fire/desire for Oneness and enlightenment.  I'm not blaming men, I really hope what I wrote doesn't come off that way. I know plenty of men who are traveling a similar path. Feminine and masculine is an easy way to describe or understand the energies, but ultimately it's just a metaphor for duality merging to one. 

This is awesome! Thank you!!!

That's an awakened Being for ya.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Esoteric And just really quickly to show you where the path needs to take you, and what will make this much easier and will save you years of pain,
start creating a friendly relationship with your emotional body. Referring to your emotions as "emotional shit" just shows (and of course you're not doing this on purpose) an antagonistic relationship with your emotions. It is so important to create an allegiance with your emotions, that if only you did that and stop doing every spiritual practice at the moment, you would be better off, than meditating for days on end. 

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've said before that different people need different paths, so respect their differences because not everyone is like you.

There are not just two paths, there are more.

Do you believe that there is value in understanding that there are two main kinds of spiritual energy though? 

I see a lot of dismissal of different people's paths, understanding and experiences, and thought that if we acknowledged the differences we could understand each other better. 

I know you say that there are many facets to awakening and leave it at that but two is as concise as it gets before you get to One. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just now, mandyjw said:

Do you believe that there is value in understanding that there are two main kinds of spiritual energy though? 

I see a lot of dismissal of different people's paths, understanding and experiences, and thought that if we acknowledged the differences we could understand each other better. 

I know you say that there are many facets to awakening and leave it at that but two is as concise as it gets before you get to One. 

Spiritual energy is One.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Spiritual energy is One.

"The Tao produced the One.

The One produced the Two.

The two produced the Three.

The three produced ALL things." 

How many are having this conversation? One or two? The answer is both.

The unconscious masculine learns to open up - compassionately.  

The unconscious feminine learns to stand its ground - independently. 

In union; the two meet and awaken as the heavenly masculine and divine feminine. All in one being. 

Male or female - regardless. 

The nature of one's journey depends on the inner imbalance between the two energies. 

Not a "one size fit all", for sure.

From my observations; this forum is mainly an example of the unconscious masculine opening up to the feminine. Which is also what the whole world is going through currently.

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

"The Tao produced the One.

The One produced the Two.

The two produced the Three.

The three produced ALL things." 

How many are having this conversation? One or two? The answer is both.

Being is non-dual.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

41 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There is value in learning about masculine and feminine ways of life.

But also, that is just one way to partitioning reality. So be careful not to get hung up on that daulity. It is a duality in the end.

Consciousness itself is not masculine or feminine. But from a human perspective it is useful to experiment with masculine vs feminine approaches to life and spirituality.

A heart-centered, love-based path can be very powerful. But it also needs to grounded in direct realization of Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@mandyjw Byron Katie is a female version of the Buddha. Perhaps you should study her work.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie