montecristo

Where is the past and the future? No, seriously

25 posts in this topic

You can say it's always now, because we never experience reality any other way but right now.

but where does the past exist? 

certainly it's still acting on the present in the most intimate way.

the past must exist, dictating the now.

the future is inevitable exactly the way it will happen to unfold.

they can't be any place but now... but?

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

I assume you’re looking for a more scientific answer (rather than a “woo woo” one). So I’ll deliver...

All past and future moments exist in 4-D space. If you were a 4-D being, you could walk backwards and travel to the past, for example. Walk forward and you would see the future of this universe

So basically, for a 4-D being, time travel is space travel. This is because all of Eternity is one instant in the 4th dimension.

I cant have that insight  in my experience aside from manipulating some symbols to get there conceptually. Def not looking for woo-woo just interested in what is true, not an inference.

is it right to say that the past doesnt exist becuase you cant ever point to it? 

What is it, that we refer to as the past?

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

@montecristo There’s a Relativity to it. The past doesn’t exist relative to this moment. However, it does exist in the 4th dimension 

Edited by Synchronicity

The past exists in thoughts, (memory) and the future exists in fantasy (thought).  This is very easy to see, but doesn't help explain how, for example, I stub my toe earlier, and it's red and throbbing now ?‍♂️

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

The truth is that both of the past and future exist, not merely as thoughts, but as Reality. You simply happen to not be conscious of them from your current state of consciousness, because it is limited (me too).

Edited by Truth Addict

@montecristo When is the thought about the past or future actually experienced?  Always now, always the only place sensation resides, now. For this to be true, that there is no past nor future, would imply reality is itself magic.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Where does the now exist? Where does the universe exist? Where does anything exist?

No where

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@montecristo When is the thought about the past or future actually experienced?  Always now, always the only place sensation resides, now. For this to be true, that there is no past nor future, would imply reality is itself magic.

Lol I like how you created a loop between the two threads

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Watched a video on Youtube were Nicky Sutton said that we as the higher self is looking back at itself in the past to experience this moment for some reason.

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

All things are imagined in the now. Welcome to the Mind of God.

Past and future are just logistical concepts we use as human beings because we have this complex world we live in and we need to coordinate things. Do dogs think about time or past/future? No, they live in the present moment and have their feelings which guide them. It's just a concept we use for logistics stuffs that are a part of how creation functions. All that exists and ever existed was the present moment. 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Where does the now exist? Where does the universe exist? Where does anything exist?

No where

Source/Non existance

So yes non localized. 

Yeah enlightenment so much fun. Scare them to death. ?

Are you ready to go all the way into rabbit hole? 

None perspective

So many tears expected. Hehe 

1500714989133310902.gif

Edited by zeroISinfinity

14 hours ago, montecristo said:

You can say it's always now, because we never experience reality any other way but right now.

but where does the past exist? 

certainly it's still acting on the present in the most intimate way.

the past must exist, dictating the now.

the future is inevitable exactly the way it will happen to unfold.

they can't be any place but now... but?

The mistake here is that you say that the past exists only in the now, but you still imagine a past that exists outside of the now. Will you just collapse this duality already?

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All things are imagined in the now. Welcome to the Mind of God.

So there is no such thing as causation, merely that universal consciousness decided to make it look that way? Each moment, Willed into being from scratch, not building on previous occurrence but always deciding anew to Be?

7 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@montecristo Depends on how the term “exist” is used. 

'Exist' as defined by the way we use it to describe the existence of other people in other countries we aren't in right now.

I was debating this with my dad who has had mystical experiences himself and he cant wrap his mind around the fact that there is only now. He keeps saying but what about the scars I have on my arm? And he loves to disagree with the idea of nothingness too lol.

@Nahm If you made a reality out of magic, the only thing you would not be able to isolate, is magic. (thanks, love this)

@Joseph Maynor So this is saying that we assume we are discovering the causal chain instead of constructing it, right?

To bring some present reality to the past I often think about how the light given off by any given event is theoretically observable right now somewhere. If one could somehow apparate to a point 3000 light years away, with a powerful enough telescope they could watch history 3000 years ago play out in real time.

but that begs the question, how do you draw a distinction between the light coming off of something and the thing itself?

Mental masturbation. You will not be able to arrive at a conclusion using the mind.

5 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Mental masturbation. You will not be able to arrive at a conclusion using the mind.

?

Meditation is the way. 

2 hours ago, montecristo said:

So there is no such thing as causation, merely that universal consciousness decided to make it look that way?

Again, causation is a dualistic notion. To have causation requires you divide the world into causes and effects (duality).

To say there is no causation is the same as to say there is infinite causation, because zero and infinity are identical.

Every object has an infinite chain of causes and an infnite chain of effects. Reality is an infnite fractal of cause and effect. Every point in the web is both the beginning, the center, and the end.

Or you could say that everything is uncaused. It's the same thing.