Truth Addict

Dubai - Conscious politics?

7 posts in this topic

Just stumbled upon this on Facebook:

67369097_710518396066586_2136382055188004864_n.jpg

Here's a translation for the script (I tried my best to translate it as literal as possible):

[DUBAI'S GENERAL POLICE DEPARTMENT (in red)

"DEAR DRIVER,

Since you are a guest here in the U.A.E, and as you've come to visit Dubai city, Dubai's police department likes to send you the best of greetings, wishing you and whoever you came here with, a sweet and pleasant stay.

We're sorry to hear that our 'radars' had caught you driving fast, and therefore violating the traffic system. Despite that, we will not write you a ticket, because we don't aim at forfeiting you, and because our main concern is your safety."

(in red) Greetings from Dubai's police department.]

Honestly, after reading this, a desire to follow the law arose in me. I somehow loved the idea of following order.

Now, I don't know anything about Dubai or their politics. I don't even know if that piece of paper is legit. I just found that subject interesting to share with you.

Edited by Truth Addict

Dubai is a nice place but still treat people like slaves. Are racist. I was once arrested there for not carrying papers. Police treated me very well. There are nice people in there police dept.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I was shocked how backwards Dubai is on human rights. Some stone age stuff still going on there. 

8 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

Lol.

That's just PR. Putting a nice face on is a hypocrite's favorite game.

Dubai is unconscious as f and is well known to treat individuals in position of weakness like scum.

It's not all just black and white. This is actually a very good idea and stuff like this... even with hardened criminals where they just get an opportunity to talk to someone about how they feel and are told they are loved and we worry for their safety I think would bring a ton of positive change to society. 

I think it's great.

Of course they have a lot more growing to do in other areas, but hey, they're growing pretty quick for the Middle East. You gotta keep in mind that all growth is relative to one's starting point and geographic & historical situation. It is incorrect to judge Dubai by American or European standards. When you compare Dubai to Iraq or Saudi Arabia you see how great it is.

When judging countries the key is less-so judging their absolute position but their rate of growth and willingness to change.

One of the biggest problems in America is that our system has become so stubborn and resistant to change.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been to Dubai once. 

Not a place I wanna stay for a long time. The buildings feel soulless. 

Most of the people are actually immigrant workers. It lacks culture. (I mean local culture) 

But I had a lot of fun touring the cities &souks . Short visits are fun.

It doesn't feel like an arab country, there are many Indians and Bangladeshi. Many arabs aren't local either. 

But the people are good. They are respectful. It was fun. 

2 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

The message is great, but I doubt it is honest. It is aimed at tourist, and Dubai is starting to get a very steamy reputation here in Europe. I suspect them to be on damage control and they have been extensively using PR to cover some very serious corruption, human right abuse and brutality. Each tiny pipeline matters. Dubai cares about its reputation because they want westerners to keep coming there and keep on using that strategic position they've got in the Arabic Peninsula.

The ruler of Dubai himself is currently accused by one of his wife, a Jordanian royal and two of his daughters of being a monster. He got two of his own daughters tortured in jail cells, letting even Latifa covered in shit and beaten by officials for years. She accused him of murdering relatives to get rid of them, as well as drugging permanently her sister Shamsa in a video. She also says that his father is a PR expert, obsessed with maintaining a clean reputation.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/tortured-jailed-and-starving-the-horrific-fate-of-dubais-missing-princess-shamsa/news-story/203694ba9eca5791a3ae499817eb50d9

Oddly enough, after trying to escape and be kidnapped back to Dubai, Latifa appeared with a former UN human right prominent figure in a picture were she seemed drugged as well. But that lady assured the girl was fine. Seems to me to be obvious PR to try to stop the scandal. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/mary-robinson-dubai-princess-latifa-escape-uae-sheikh-mohammed-haya-a8717081.html

---

Of course, Dubai is still more progressive than its neighbors. But using them as a model for conscious politics really gets me bewildered.

That picture is to me 100% propaganda.

I'm not doubting anything you've written and I know Dubai has a ton of unconscious darkness to it. I'm just saying I like the idea behind it. It could be propoganda but the general idea of light behind this one thing still shines through.