khalifa

can't fall asleep after 5meo bad trip, it's been 4 days please help

173 posts in this topic

On 2019-08-10 at 10:39 AM, SunnyNewDay said:

do you have first hand experience with this? I have read some people who took DMT have a slight come up trip when smoking weed. Weed is slightly psychoactive.

All weeds are not equal. Sure if you take a very strong sativa or something like that you might trip out but with the right indica it should do the trick! Also I wouldn't advise smoking it. Vaping is good option since eating it takes a long time and you might take too much.

Sailing on the ceiling 

I had a similar symptom 2 years ago when I did some cannabis oil (+ I was tripping on lsd on a weekly basis). I could barely sleep and when I managed to sleep it felt as if I was awake all the time. After some time asleep I would suddenly wake up in a burst because my consciousness was hitting a point that felt like I could go mad and not be able to come back. I couldn't stay in place or anxiety would start to snowball I felt like being on a slippery slop so I kept walking all day long to try to stay grounded. Seeing that my condition wouldn't improve after 3 days I could see that it would only get worse as the more tired I would be the worse it would get with hallucinations, even harder time to sleep etc.

So I went to medical emergency the 4th day, they gave me one Xanax which helped me with the anxiety instantly but for a short time, they gave me anti psychotic I took it for 3 days and it slowly got better.

Now maybe your condition is not so bad so you can keep trying their kundalini and spiritual emergency stuff, but see Martin Ball, when shit really hit the fan he went for medical care and science and stabilized him.

I went through a similar experience after day 4 of a Vipassana retreat. Every time I tried going to sleep, I would experience tri-modal flow (sight/sound/body feel) and it would start to all dissolve into the Void. Intellectually I was ready for the process, but my body was NOT. It would wake up in pure terror as soon as I would dip into sleep. 

I thought this would be the “new normal”. But day after day, it slowly got better. Key is to accept whatever is happening with equanimity. 

My take: the body has its own process of learning Truth, separate from intellect. Body reactions can trigger thoughts, which can create a vicious cycle. Break the cycle by accepting all “negative” experiences with equanimity.

I recommend Daniel Ingram’s MCTB book. Especially the section on The Dark Night (which I believe you’re experiencing). Also, the opening chapter, and his explanation of Impermanence.

I also recommend putting together a “resource” folder of audio and video files you can put on your phone/iPad/TV while falling asleep. Listening to a soothing talk, lecture, religious text, music, etc can help. Personally, listening to Bible verses on YouTube helped me a lot. Even though I don’t identify as Christian or any specific religious affiliation. 

@Tetcher  I read your message before i tried to attempt sleeping, my mind kept coming up with what if stories if i lose my mind what if it's too late etc etc,

Ego creates a lot of doubts, I wish i didn't read your message before attempting to go to bed it was just too negative even though i'm sure that wasn't your intention, as your intention was to help.

I'll try to trust in the process and let the body sort it out, i'm sure it will, i have a hunch it'll sort itself soon, i can see some improvements like i've gotten some sudden muscle jumps (hypnic jerks) which means i'm probably going to go to sleep soon.. hopefully

@dmwrss  It's so hard to accept, i feel like i have a lot of resistance towards what is happening, i just want to fall asleep i can't rest, i'm tired ! but i'll try and stay positive that's all i got, it's just practicing letting go is quite difficult when situations like these arise they aren't very easy to deal with when your mental mind is already fatigued without proper rest for days, but i'm sure it's recovering some strength just by me laying there for hours even if i'm aware

I normally don't like listening to things or music as i sleep, but i'll give it a try, i tried listening to some music yesterday for an hour it did help, but i dislike for it to go more than an hour i feel like i'll never sleep in that way.

Not sleeping for an extended time period can put a lot of stress to your body and can be pretty dangerous if left untreated. I do not realize why you haven't taken xanax already since you have access to it. You can always take more 5m next week.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, Yog said:

This might be an aggressive kundalini awakening. Psychedelics do weird stuff. Check out a kundalini master.

When I am into a really hard shit like that. Usually grounding work helps a lot to snap me back to sanity. EG:
-Walk barefoot, if you can on soil
-Do something physical with yourself, gardening, jogging.
-Take showers, or be near moving water
-Force yourself into the present moment
-Observe detail in rock, wood, mountains, flowing water in the present moment.
-Sink in the taste of food, observe the details.

This.

I think psychadelics are far too liberally recommended on this site.  They can force kundalini to awaken in people who are not prepared for it, which can cause serious problems for that person.

There are sites like this one https://craigholliday.com/kundalini/kundalini-symptoms-self-care/ where you can get help for kundalini symptoms.  Grounding and help for kundalini symptoms are my recommendation.

Just be aware, taking medications to halt the spiritual purification process is like pressing the gas and the breaks in your car at the same time.

Ideally you let the process unfold naturally without trying to escape from it.

Yes, it can be very difficult at times. The more growth you try to accomplish is the least time, the more shocking it is to the system. So there's a trade-off here. You can spend a decade waking up or a week. If you do it in a week, it will probably be hell.

The most important thing to understand is that in the waking up process, serious emotional and energetic upheaval is quite common and normal. It is not a "bad" thing. Ideally you push through it. But if you feel like it's reaching a life-threatening level, then obviously find some way to back off and come back to it later.

Also be ware of ego backlash. It's coming.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm good guys, managed to sleep last night woke up a few times but fell back asleep, was in bed from 2am till 1pm.

I had a strange sensation when i woke up, it's like the energy in my body was gentle towards my legs it felt like a healing massage

Should be recovering slowly from here. I'm estimating I'll be good as new by next week.

I love being natural over using pharmaceuticals although even spiritually pharma isn't that bad as it's part of us.

Either way there is no right and wrong in any approach, I'm just going to go on my intuition and my intuition says I'm more than fine. All i have to do is relax into life and allow it all to come and go as a phase of life.

Thank you all for your support. Will take a short break from this thread and just focus on more well being.  May post an update in a few days to a week.

@khalifa my bad it wasn't my intent to introduce negativity in your process I just wanted to share my experience so you may enlarge your perspective of the situation but maybe it's not how it works. You feel you're going to be fine so stay with it and heal nicely <3

@Leo Gura  i'm not sure how it works, does taking medication really slow down anything, what spiritual progress would temporary medication take away from you ?

11 hours ago, Freakyboo said:

This.

I think psychadelics are far too liberally recommended on this site.  They can force kundalini to awaken in people who are not prepared for it, which can cause serious problems for that person.

There are sites like this one https://craigholliday.com/kundalini/kundalini-symptoms-self-care/ where you can get help for kundalini symptoms.  Grounding and help for kundalini symptoms are my recommendation.

Cool, I'll bookmark this one.

It seems the switches work both ways. Just as you can go activate stuff from lets say, etherical>physical, activate chakra=brain/body changes. You can trigger brain changes=activate chakras/kundalini ect.

I also do this interesting - " intensely gaze at the hand, until it stops being the hand" and the result is a snapshot of 400 mcg LSD. That is not a hand, wtf is that ????

Good to hear you are good  @khalifa

Have you considered checking yourself into a hospital to get help, a good nights rest and slumber should do the trick.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just be aware, taking medications to halt the spiritual purification process is like pressing the gas and the breaks in your car at the same time.

Ideally you let the process unfold naturally without trying to escape from it.

Yes, it can be very difficult at times. The more growth you try to accomplish is the least time, the more shocking it is to the system. So there's a trade-off here. You can spend a decade waking up or a week. If you do it in a week, it will probably be hell.

The most important thing to understand is that in the waking up process, serious emotional and energetic upheaval is quite common and normal. It is not a "bad" thing. Ideally you push through it. But if you feel like it's reaching a life-threatening level, then obviously find some way to back off and come back to it later.

Also be ware of ego backlash. It's coming.

My mind is suffering and I'm experiencing false memory ocd, psychosis and really intense pacing/anxiety. Surely taking medication for the absolute crazy stuff will allow for me to actually process everything and make sense of it all because it is making me feel like I'm going insane.

@Leo Gura @Nahm @SunnyNewDay @Freakyboo

Update:

I managed to sleep for the past three nights, randomly wake up sometimes 2-4 times a night, I managed to have my first dream last night so that's good.

I still struggle to sleep though, Been been struggling for an hour on bed, I notice i activate my trip like when i focus on breath? I'm not sure, And it makes my mind super awake after that, How do i fall asleep if i can't meditate/focus on breath this is like a habitual normal thing for me usually..

Can it go away even if i meditate every night as i try to sleep? Or am i just prolonging it to never go away if i keep doing this habit

Edit: starting to think this is not kundulini awakening since i don't feel any bliss factor from it just vibrations

Edited by khalifa

@khalifa Your adjusting to new norm. It will settle down but it will never be the same again. Consciousness pervades all, waking, dreaming and deep sleep and you've become acutely aware of consciousness.

The line between waking, dreaming and deep sleep has been blurred in the gleaming light of consciousness.

@khalifa So great to hear you’re feeling better and getting some sleep! I wonder about the dream you mentioned, sometimes there’s really helpful info there. I’d suggest letting go of the “reactivating the trip” line of thinking. It’s possible, but likely just a thought about it, which might be reoccurring from a minute suppression of sensation. Which begs, what is that then?

It might be ‘connected’ to the lungs image you mentioned before, and just logically connected then to the breath. Then it makes sense to me that the ‘reactivated’ ‘lungs’ & ‘breath / meditation’ feelings would be related to the fear of death. So, if you’re feeling great, back to yourself so to speak, maybe do a little work on collapsing the duality of living and death. One of the most powerful ways of contemplating for the sake of clarity on the ‘deeper’ issues like that is asking the question within, and visualizing & feeling it sink down from the head to the heart, and letting it go. Then feeling for the insight / response / clarity.  Let me know if I can help. Don’t work on that if you’re not feeling great yet though. Keep doin what you’re doin man, keep putting how you feel first. Raise your vibration. :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@cetus56 @Nahm

Not being the same sounds a little too much to swallow, I love the old days, Vibrations through my body could take a while to get used to, i just hope it doesn't interfere with my sleep, I think i'm amplifying fear due to me thinking something is wrong with me or because i have memories of having a hard time sleeping quick. Sometimes i even get confused if i am feeling anxious or it's just the body vibrating around my heart/spine/core.

I notice myself fearful sometimes when i have no thoughts or if i am doing nothing that distracts me, i focus on the pacing vibrations through my body it could be anywhere, sometimes subtle sometimes stronger, and a thought comes by fearfully Is something wrong? Am i going to be alright? Will it always be this way?

As for my dream it's nothing special it was ironically a sexual dream, Probably from me masturbating before bed since i'm trying to drain out the energy via masturbation before bed. Not very spiritual, But i'm just that desperate to be back to normal mode instead of being health paranoid.

Edited by khalifa

18 minutes ago, khalifa said:

@cetus56 @Nahm 

Not being the same sounds a little too much to swallow, I love the old days, Vibrations through my body could take a while to get used to, i just hope it doesn't interfere with my sleep, I think i'm amplifying fear due to me thinking something is wrong with me or because i have memories of having a hard time sleeping quick.

Hey my friend. I share the state you're in. I'm not the same since my trip on Monday. It's very very strange. I also have energetic stuff going on in my body. I also tend to masturbate more often since my body tries to release energy. Compared to before the trip though, it feels like this high energy state is stable. Something is different and it is powerful. As @cetus56 said - your system is recalibrating. That's what I intuitively feel happening for me as well.

Accept that the ground you were used to is not there anymore. Trust that this is a good thing. You know - the groundless ground. That's what we're trying to realize, no matter the cost, that's what this whole journey is about, remember? :)

I know it's not easy. That's life, sometimes it's not pleasant. What I wholeheartedly want to let you know is this: All is well. There is NOTHING wrong with you. What takes others years to process is happening to you in a shorter time. That's intense. But it's a calibration to consciousness entering your body. I don't ask you to believe that all is well. You can feel it. Sense into your heart. Welcome every moment, live it fully. Ask the pain or the feeling that washes over you: what are you here to show me? What is your nature? See that everything is here to help you. Nothing is here to hurt you. Some Matt Kahn lines that helped me since Monday. This is a time to connect to your heart. 

Maybe this helps, feel what he's trying to point to: 

Much love and all the best to you :) <3 You're exactly where you need to be

9 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

. I also tend to masturbate more often since my body tries to release energy.

@khalifa @peanutspathtotruth  Release it into the universe while gazing at a starry night sky. She's quite the lay.