Pouya

How intelligent AI would interact with concious politics

24 posts in this topic

Leo says that conscious politics will happen in like ~100 years later, but here's a thing:

Untill 2100 there will be almost no job done by any human.  Just like physical labor was almost gone, mental lebor will be gone too.

AI is inevidable and it is actually a big solution for many problems like:

Traffic would be solved, more coardination between self driving cars.

Global warming solutions, AI would control the agriculture and stop animal farms which really worsen the global warming.

And so on.

Humans basicly cant stop these problems right now as more than 90% of global population is in Blue and Orange state and only Green and above can really accomplish anything useful here.

So just assuming conscious politics in 100 years is not that simple.

Humans would be just like dogs to AI, because they would not problems like dogma, religion, ideoligies and paradigms. We most likely get to become their cool talking pet or join them by cybernetic enhancments.

Do I mind this happening? 

I would like that a much more intelligent and developed AI would explore and conquer the galaxies rather than letting humans develop through hundreds of years to reach that.

Imo, this will definitely happen and the only way it won't, is extintion before the AI comes in.

Btw, just name One job that could not be replaced by AI.

Music, painting and writing is already being developed in robots right now. So no creativity is running away here. 

I'm not sure what you're asking here, are you asking if AI should replace human decision making in political affairs?

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Apparition of Jack I say that when we think about the future and the conscious politics of it, we should see that AI will be there as a major factor.

Maybe the AI is not that caring and loving? Maybe it replaces the politics?

@Pouya Don't over-estimate AI. Humans have no idea yet how to create truly intelligent AI.

Most jobs are not getting replaced. There are tons of creative jobs for humans.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Pouya Don't over-estimate AI. Humans have no idea yet how to create truly intelligent AI.

Yet so few of us are creative...

Me on the road less traveled.

1 minute ago, The Don said:

That could just be an effect of a mechanical society suppressing a higher consciousness that is within everyone.

Once a human being surrender and flow with everything, creativity naturally flows out of it as well. It might not be Picasso quality art, but creation nevertheless.

I've worked in kindergarten, and NONE of the children had problems creating through the different artistic activities everyone participated in

AI is still stuck at the problem of value, it will take decades to solve that.
See what Google and Facebook AIs did, true human horror.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If we were talking about 10 or 20 years I would totally agree with you but who knows what could happen in a 100 years. What is impressive about current AI research is the rate of progress. Even if most of the algorithms were to be only refined the current leverage points are compute power and data can give huge gains.

Edited by Aimblack

@Pouya Truly self-conscious AI is an impossibility. At best you can produce something that resembles one. AI will never be able to perform true creative work. It can only mix and match already present data and input from sensory observation. This will be quickly obvious once you understand what intuition (source of creativity) and creativity are. 

2 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Pouya Truly self-conscious AI is an impossibility. At best you can produce something that resembles one. AI will never be able to perform true creative work. It can only mix and match already present data and input from sensory observation. This will be quickly obvious once you understand what intuition (source of creativity) and creativity are. 

What does "truly self conscious" mean? How is that distinguished from something that merely seems like it's self conscious?  If by intuition you are hinting at connecting to the very source and transcending limited identity I don't see a reason why an AI would be categorically unable to connect to the source which by definition is the source of everything. Additionally I would argue that what keeps us limited in our small identity is partly habit and partly predisposition based on our biology so I don't even see a reason why an AI couldn't be constructed in a way that facilitates higher intelligence without a limited identity. 

8 hours ago, The Don said:

This is a problem on its own which needs to be resolved anyhow.

What is the point of doing a job that a donkey could do?

The whole point of machines and AI is free humans to be their most creative and artistic. But being creative and artistic requires serious development, sense of life purpose, and vision.

Worrying about how to keep humans doing donkey-jobs is a disservice to humans. Show humans how to be fully human.

8 hours ago, Aimblack said:

If we were talking about 10 or 20 years I would totally agree with you but who knows what could happen in a 100 years. What is impressive about current AI research is the rate of progress. Even if most of the algorithms were to be only refined the current leverage points are compute power and data can give huge gains.

I don't see a serious AI coming online within the next 100 years. Nothing that could rival a human's creativity or intelligence.

There will be many AIs who are good at crunching big data sets and doing very narrow task extremely well. But this is not a rival to human creativity, vision, wisdom, leadership, consciousness, and love.

- - - - - -

Humans and AI can work wonderfully together, leveraging each others strengths and compensating for each others weaknesses. Think of Data from Star Trek.

@Leo Gura until 2050 it might be over estimation but 2100 would be pretty possible for this. It's a far future though.

But AI can actually take creative roles in that time.

Yeah its better that they cooperate with each other and complete each other.

Edited by Pouya

@Leo Gura What specifically makes you think that? Is it because the people creating AI have a lack of understanding of what consciousness,intelligence and creativity are? Is it the lack of technology or infrastructure or research culture? 

@Aimblack Science has no theoretical understanding of what intelligence, consciousness, or creativity are.

So we are a very long way away. You are basically asking them to design a nuclear weapon without any knowledge of nuclear physics.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Science has no theoretical understanding of what intelligence, consciousness, or creativity are.

You don't necessarily need that understanding, as you could just simulate the human brain. We have already simulated the brain of a roundworm. Of course, the human brain is a much bigger task, but don't underestimate the rate of technological progress. Better techniques leads to faster development.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The whole point of machines and AI is free humans to be their most creative and artistic.

AIs are already painting pictures and writing symphonies. In the future, the music and entertainment of an AI will probably be far superior to what any human can make, outcompeting humans even in this field because the content produced is in fact so much more enjoyable.

Edited by Commodent

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Commodent Hi. AI expert here.

AI is better understood as an efficient parrot equipped with powerful means to perform smarter brute force tasks.

Take a look at how AI learns. It's fed with thousands and thousands of examples that can be processed very fast in order to optimize some mathematical equation on examples that have not been shown to the learning algorithm. Such sets are called training and validation sets. In other words (and very superficially), AI systems learn how to combine past events in order to guess future events. There is literally no creation.

As opposed to AI, humans can touch the Source of Creation. We can extrapolate our past experiences and produce something completely unseen. We can feel genuine art.

Watch the following video. Pay attention to the shifts of momentum, the build ups, the climaxes, the releases of tension, the flow of emotions. Computers can't produce something like this unless you design it specifically for it... and it has to be so specifically designed that you'd be better off composing the song yourself.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I am very well aware of the current state of AI, but I'm not really talking about the current state. Do you deny the possibility that the simulation of a worm's brain can't be expanded to that of a human, and even far beyond?

8 minutes ago, Commodent said:

@ajasatya I am very well aware of the current state of AI, but I'm not really talking about the current state. Do you deny the possibility that the simulation of a worm's brain can't be expanded to that of a human, and even far beyond?

Brains emerge FROM the Source of Creativity. Intelligence is something way deeper than "processing clusters".

unborn Truth

@ajasatya  Try ramming a pole through your brain and see how well your creativity fares. The possibility that we might create something that is far greater and more conscious than us seems to disturb most people, but there is nothing really indicating that consciousness is only limited to humans and biological creatures.