ActualizedDavid

Is Jordan Peterson having a middle life crisis?

74 posts in this topic

What about claiming a belief in Atheism? You're refuting something.

I think that his trembling voice when he's talking about life's tragedies and suffering is the best commentary on his perspective.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Jordan Peterson has been having an all-life crisis TBH

Edited by Apparition of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

You might want to watch the whole thing, its brilliant!.
Just put your blue brush aside for the time being, its better.

You could be listening to his stuff joyfully, easily steel-man his stuff you know. Enjoy. Maybe even go trough it again.
You could.

LOL, blind leading the blind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

why is prager university called a university when it isnt a university

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@SunnyNewDay Propaganda 101

Like Trump University

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

There are still some great academics and philosophers in this world. 

Jordan is not one of them. His books are a mess. And I think that's always a sign of where one's thinking is. He appeals to the base natures of his followers and tries to impress them with his verbiosity. 

He is a showman. Getting in front of a big crowd and letting his intellect and emotions run wild. 
He's very good at that. 

Personally not a fan. If there was more humor maybe. More playfulness. More joy. Maybe a drum solo?

But no it's just tears and misery and this fake redemption in the end as if cleaning your room is gonna do anything. 

His life must be so hard since he read about Gulags so much. Cry me a river.

I never make my bed, and my life is amazing. Fuck it i say. Leave it like that.
It looks beautiful. Like a naked girl lying there after sex while I go to work. 
All my books and instruments and everything although i dont like dust.

The podcasts with Sam Harris were interesting. Neither of them were able to really communicate with each other on any level. That really goes to show their level of develpment. That's why it would be interesting for you Leo to get out there, see what you are really made of when you talk with someone who might not agree with you. Will you get mad?

At least Sam can write. Whether you agree with him or not....
He can hold a thought and go with it. Not ramble and cry like lunatic. 

I'm more of the lunatic variation.

God damnt it, i totally forget what i was supposed to say and i wrote something else instead.

FUCK!!

oh yeah

i know his wife is going through some hard times
so he is struggling perhaps 

but what the fuck are you doing given speeches then??

I mean go take some time off.

And their bizarre carnivore diet is just next level... 

oh my lord, not even gonna go there

Leo, take him out

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

Jordan Peterson is one of the best spiritual leaders the Americas have right now. 

2 hours ago, Truthority said:

PS. that Tony Robbins sex scandal thread ain't gonna start itself! please dont make me do it

Everyone who got a crowd of more than 20 people got a random fangirl who want sex with the 'crowd leader'.

Soooo....

Get the calculus.

Even leo prob got some random girls who try to Fuck him for his youtube work.

Here is my totally unpopular opinion on this, one I got after watching all of his lectures, some even twice :
(I am ready do be bashed, vigorously attacked, hearing I am deluded, blind,misguided, undeveloped and such, hold your formation brother!)

The reason why I started watching them wasn't because I resonated with him in the first place, it was quite the opposite. My green ass was disgusted, couldn't stand listening to him for 5 minutes, I was waving a finger all the time, no that's not right, no that's simplistic, you don't even know what god is, why are you so noisy, why that weird language bro, do you hide behind it . And that is when i realized how tense and reactive I was. So I did what must be done, enter the forest at the point that seemed darkest to me, so I did.

An integral perspective on what I came out with: I was disintegrated green when I got in and came out as yellow. A process of integration of red, blue, orange happened, there was messy stuff in there. The people that resonate with him also range from red>yellow, and his stuff helped a lot move up the spiral: unhealthy red>healthy red, healthy red>blue, unhealthy blue>healthy blue, healthy blue>orange, broken green>healthy green, healthy green>yellow. I am not making this stuff up, you can search for such evidence all over the net, you probably hold the - "he is the most polarizing man around, and broke a lot of stuff for us" opinion dear to your heart. So do your homework, not just react to some random youtube snippets.

It is not because he tried to talk to any particular stage, he talked about the things he considered are the truest, in their most chiseled form. ( projection equivalent = simplistic ). And how do you know something is relay true. It works on multiple levels and trough different levels of development. When he says truth, it has nothing to do with oneness, non-duality and such, that IS a completely different topic. And when he says anything with that weird stupid language, the red understands him, so does the blue, so does the orange, so does yellow and so does green, if it puts its values on the fire.
The very same sentence , resonates with all the people, id does not have to be pre-packed for any particular stage. You don't get that very often.

Saying all of this, it is stage green that needs this guy the most. No wonder it is so resistant to him. There is so much disintegrated mess floating. Green will NEVER get to yellow unless it confronts all the things he is saying. it doesn't have to be trough him. but it is trough the very same material.

It is not that the guy doesn't do some things wrong, but the level to witch things are overblown and distorted is sad.

Here is some stuff.

Edited by Yog

It's pretty obvious to see how people can get influenced by his brainwashing but I'm not sure how many of those that do are aware of the intolerance and misery that is infused with his perspective.

Most young men who follow him have no idea about the Spiral, so they will not be able to discern the limitations of his worldview.

Moreover, these young men use his worldview to deepen and justify their toxic masculinity and hatred of feminism, creating a gateway into the alt-right, incel-ism, RedPill, white supremacy, and all that jazz.

@Joseph Maynor Nothing to do with the Person, this is sadly how the youtube algorithm funnels people into ideological bubbles. 

The alt-lite and alt-right YT rabbit hole is well documented to radicalize young white males.

Young white men who resonate with JP's victim complex will definitely be suseptible to alt-right ideology.

He is unwittingly helping to radicalize people against liberals, progressives, women, social democrats, and LGBTQ.

PragerU and FoxNews are right wing propaganda channels, and he appears in their videos.

Like Trump, he knows not what his words are doing.

The alt-right desperately needs intellectuals and academics to give them an air of credibility. He fits that role.

He is a fool's idea of an intellectual, just like Trump is a fool's idea of a rich person.