Harikrishnan

Delayed gratification

7 posts in this topic

More i reflect on myself i finds out that i want things quickly, everything from relationships to finances i want it quickly. I will be having lets say a relationship for instance with a particular person and then i want to get it quickly and i will be having lot of thoughts about it and then i will be having emotions of lack of it and it makes me kind of powerless and miserable and finally in 3 or 4 days i completely let go of that need, and in this time they will loose complete attraction to me and she acts like a unknown friend of mine. This has been happening for past couple of my relationship, and i feel like i am in certain kind of loop.

I find this happens in other areas of my life like i love to write and i start with something for couple of days and then i develop some kind of lack and i stop writing. 

Is it because i am not having delayed gratification? If so how to develop it? Or is it something else.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Great insight! I think we all have that to some degree.

Sounds also like you are behaving in a needy way.

I dont really know what tip to give you. Maybe start to focus on the journey more so than the outcome. Enjoy the time you get to spend regardless of how she responds. And when it doesnt work out, enjoy your extra free time you now have just for you :x

9 minutes ago, universe said:

And when it doesnt work out, enjoy your extra free time you now have just for you :x

:D

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

*bump*

What’s your attachment style? This thread may help 

see charts 

It's much easier to keep doing something when you actually enjoy doing it. I'd also analyse what thoughts make you stop. There might be a hidden fear or some kind of a limiting belief that stops you.

I have an opinion on everything :D

6 hours ago, DrewNows said:

What’s your attachment style? This thread may help 

see charts 

Omg i never saw that post. I am the preoccupied- anxious. Also, i was the ambivalent/Resistant child, i rememeber i used to cry everyday when in was in kindergarten for a year, missing my sister and mom i used to run towards her class then