AlldayLoop

Should We Have a New Sub-Forum For Politics?

New Sub-Forum for “Society and Politics”   44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should have a new sub-forum for “Society and Politics”?

• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. If you answered yes, should we expand it to “Society, Environment, Politics”?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I have a better suggestion!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

It was mentioned here that it’s potentially a good idea to have a new sub-forum for society and politics. Leo answered and said he’s not sure if there’s enough demand.

Also, if Leo does create a sub-forum for it, I thought it would also be a good idea to expand it to discussion about the environmental topics as well.

What do you guys think? Let’s see how high the demand is by casting your vote here ;)

While this would be great, I don't know if we are ready for it. Politics is extremely polarizing and it might just pull people here to spread ideology. We've already seen how the conscious politics thread went.

I share the same concern as Shadowraix. Maybe it could be an enlightening endeavour, and maybe my consciousness isn't high enough to see its obvious benefits, but as it stands my intuition tells me that it would be very easy for it just to descend into far-right/libertarian/communist/"us vs. them"/etc. shit flinging. Still, I'm open to being proven wrong.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

No. Would be the worst bickering contest ever. Just watch the video and take action. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It could be risky, and could turn into a shit-flinging BUT that's exactly what the IRL world of politics is like right now. If we're serious about this we need to find a way to transcend that endless shouting match and move upwards. This could be an arena to actually experiment with discussing politics in a more advanced way. The temptation is to not go there, because you don't discuss politics or religion in polite company right?

The spirituality forum can also degrade very easily into bickering and pissing matches, which it does from time to time, but I think the community has matured slowly around these challenges, and we do see some pretty great discussion on that board.

I'm in support, but I totally understand the concerns. 

I see this forum as a large scale thought-experiment, and I think we should have the sub-forum to test out these concepts. A practice for the community to begin to look at what it means to be political in a way that steps above left vs right.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish Perhaps automate the sub-forum visibility to only being active on certain days of the week and/or only half the day?

I think some form of limited access might help test the waters.

I'm not even sure why so much political discussion is allowed on the forum in the first place. It seems out of place. Are we supposed to be discussing politics and all this extra speculation at times on where various politicians are on the spiral dynamics lol 

34 minutes ago, Bill W said:

I'm not even sure why so much political discussion is allowed on the forum in the first place. It seems out of place. Are we supposed to be discussing politics and all this extra speculation at times on where various politicians are on the spiral dynamics lol 

Politics is in all of our lives weather you know it or not.  It effects many parts of our lives such as Religion, sports, municipal, etc.  We are learning and working on ourselves in a collective manner so why not discuss it.  I do think it can be difficult to talk about for some people because it can play on peoples emotions but I think it would be worth some growth. 

5 hours ago, Bill W said:

Seems like the conscious thing to do to grow and find out you and politics fit in together, because you aren't gonna escape it. It impacts your entire life.

Its so impactful its no wonder why its such a polarising issue. It could be life or death here, whether it be literally or a belief.

With heavy moderation and strict rules it might go to good places.
It would be a miracle, but damn ... I love miracles.

Its still: Leos call

We need a new subforum for dream work but there's so little interest on this forum for whatever reason.... A forum that's main focus is consciousness work.... ?‍♂️

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

2 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

We need a new subforum for dream work but there's so little interest on this forum for whatever reason.... A forum that's main focus is consciousness work.... ?‍♂️

You may be on to something. To create a subforum for subconscious dreams will undoubtably increase consciousness 

do you hold a dream journal? 

5 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

You may be on to something. To create a subforum for subconscious dreams will undoubtably increase consciousness 

do you hold a dream journal? 

No my discipline sucks. But I have good dream recall.  

Yes dreams can be used for shadow work, unraveling the subconscious, etc. Some have even had nondual experience in dreams. 

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

No my discipline sucks. But I have good dream recall.  

Yes dreams can be used for shadow work, unraveling the subconscious, etc. Some have even had nondual experience in dreams. 

If it’s only part of consciousness work why does it deserve its own subforum?

2 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

If it’s only part of consciousness work why does it deserve its own subforum?

Because the forum it is in is so active that threads fall off the page sometimes the same day. It's hard to connect with other dream workers that way.  If it had its own forum the threads would be easy to find and reply to. And like field of dreams, 'if you build it, they will come'

17 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

, 'if you build it, they will come'

but you don’t really want it...you just think you do :P 

15 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

but you don’t really want it...you just think you do :P 

?

?

Maybe we should.

I kinda like the sound of "Society, Environment, Politics"

And then those of you who aren't interested in that topic would see less of those threads in the Self-Actualization and Spirituality sub-forums.

I wonder if there's a conscious society/politics forum anywhere on the web.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe we should.

I kinda like the sound of "Society, Environment, Politics"

And then those of you who aren't interested in that topic would see less of those threads in the Self-Actualization and Spirituality sub-forums.

I wonder if there's a conscious society/politics forum anywhere on the web.

Time to be the first to create one :)