Finland3286

Spiritual Nonsense

37 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Finland3286 said:

@Nahm I think to make sense would be for something to fit into ones worldview or be digestible to understand. Because something even taught in science class for example may make perfect sense to one student but not another and that other student would need further clarification. Or a problem that requires conceptual knowledge to understand may make perfect sense to somebody who understands the concept(s) but someone who lacks that conceptual knowledge could not really grasp the problem because they lack the fundamentals. As far as the ground floor for something making sense, I would say that Leo's video on authority goes hand in hand with this issue. Because I could say well "This is scientifically unproven and Sadhguru is not showing me how he came to this conclusion, so i'm not going to buy it". Or I could say "He hasn't died yet, how can he possibly know? Even if he did die a lifetime ago it's not like he has the same brain to recall what happened". The "buck ends" where one just accepts an authority figure to follow. But then if one questions that figure and questions x, y, and z you have an infinite regress problem that Leo points out in his video. 

Yes, one has to find out for oneself. The brain is highly limited and initially serves more as a veil to this truth. Consider the root of ‘makes sense’, is that it agrees without your senses as in, bodily sensations. There is a higher order of intelligence, via sensation, crazy as it may sound. There’s much more to be accessed, but one’s entire self must align through sensation. This is purifying, accessing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

No need to believe or disbelieve anything he says. It's just words. Various gurus make different claims and that's fine. It's all perspective and you can still grow from a lot of the practical wisdom he shares. He talks about overcoming hardships and other stuff. No need to throw out the whole pizza just because there are some mushrooms on it. Take the mushrooms off and set it aside.

Sadhguru is the real deal, but has a propensity for stories which is not always useful, specially to westerners who have different ways of thinking and logic. 

Here on Actualized, when the pizza lacks mushrooms we throw it out ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's just Sahdguru's perspective. That doesn't make it incontrovertably true.

9 hours ago, Maya_0 said:

It's just Sahdguru's perspective. That doesn't make it incontrovertably true.

Exactly. A conscious guru should say only what can be learned by students.

An unconscious student mistakes a guru's consciousness for unconsciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The conscious student is no longer a student. An unconscious student is a faithful one.

On 9.08.2019 at 4:53 AM, AlldayLoop said:

When I am deep in self-inquiry or meditation, a memory of a dream I had god knows when just pops up. I never thought I’d ever be able to remember it ever again, but I do. 

Have you experienced such phenomena? Is there an explanation for this? 

Exactly man. It shows who practices. Now imagine that You can remember your incarnation.

@Finland3286 It is said there are three bodies Gross,subtle and karmic bodies.Only the yogis speak about this other paths doesnt speak about that.For now keep this question open.

People of gnana path will discard this and will not ponder about this and move on.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:14 AM, Finland3286 said:

I really enjoy listening to Sadhguru but some of the things he says seem very outrageous to me. In the video he talks about how if you are old and feeble when you die you could find another womb in as little as 48 hours (around the 9 minute mark). How does he know? He hasn't physically died (unless this can be accounted for by nonduality somehow). Even if he was right about this and he did die old and feeble a lifetime ago how could you remember? It's not like you have the same brain to recall what happened. It's stuff like this that really throws me off because I really like what the guy says and how his demeanor is but this seems like complete BS.

You need to understand that in terms of mastery, Sadhguru really is just a modern day Gautama Buddha or Christ in terms of mastery. Sadhguru is not some ordinary enlightened master. That’s not a kissing his feet deal, that’s a matter of understanding that he is a freak of nature. 

As far as th part on death and rebirth you pointed out, you can read many yogic texts that tell you how this is done. This isn’t some new arbitrary thing Sadhguru is making up. Also, you have distinguish between spiritual practice and occult practice to some degree. Sadhguru says that because that’s what he did from his last past life to this current one. There are occult practices which you can read and learn from occultists and tantrics where you can learn how to do this. 

3 hours ago, kieranperez said:

You need to understand that in terms of mastery, Sadhguru really is just a modern day Gautama Buddha or Christ in terms of mastery. Sadhguru is not some ordinary enlightened master. That’s not a kissing his feet deal, that’s a matter of understanding that he is a freak of nature.

Buddha or Christ? I have not studied his stuff much, what makes you think so? 

@molosku He literally created an energy form and trapped it inside a physical structure where if you enter its vicinity you will enter into a deep meditative state immediately without any knowledge of what meditation even is. You need some level of mastery to do that.

6 hours ago, molosku said:

Buddha or Christ? I have not studied his stuff much, what makes you think so? 

What I mean by that comparison isn’t so much related to the paranormal stuff he can do, although you can read accounts of the miracles he’s worked that equate to the stories of Christ and Buddha (and many others - those are just mainstream examples) - and yes I mean the ones people may think are impossible. I leave that out because you can meet many other yogis in India who can perform those sorts of miracles (and that doesn’t make them enlightened - siddhis have nothing to do with enlightenment nor are they only possible from enlightenment). 

When I make a statement saying he is a modern equivalent to Buddha or Christ, what I’m saying is the level of mastery it takes (and it took 3 lifetimes for him) to take these teachings to the world in the way that he’s doing and with the responsibility and integrity that he’s doing it with. When I say “the level of mastery”, don’t confuse that to “levels of enlightenment” because enlightenment is devoid of levels. The Truth, God, or Godhead, Emptiness, The Self, Nothingness, etc. is devoid of any qualities, much less conceptual levels or stages. As said by Zen masters “there are no masters of Zen.” 

The question is how much purification is done on the person on an emotional level, energetic level, moral level, etc. The way he is as a person and what he’s doing is just a more cognitively, conceptually, intellectually advanced version of those like Muhammad, Buddha, Christ, Mahavira, etc. 

Again, you can meet people today who can do the things Buddha, Christ, etc. did and even are similar as a person. But how developed are they in their cognition, values, etc.? Not that developed relative to the modern day believe it or not.