Finland3286

Spiritual Nonsense

37 posts in this topic

I really enjoy listening to Sadhguru but some of the things he says seem very outrageous to me. In the video he talks about how if you are old and feeble when you die you could find another womb in as little as 48 hours (around the 9 minute mark). How does he know? He hasn't physically died (unless this can be accounted for by nonduality somehow). Even if he was right about this and he did die old and feeble a lifetime ago how could you remember? It's not like you have the same brain to recall what happened. It's stuff like this that really throws me off because I really like what the guy says and how his demeanor is but this seems like complete BS.

Why am I so differently wired? Am I a martian?

What kind of twisted experiment am I involved in?

Because I don't belong in this world. -Eminem

@Nahm I would say that nonsense is an outlandish claim without evidence or something that does not make sense.

Someone asked Bodhidharma what happens after death and he answered "I don't know. I haven't died yet"

unborn Truth

Just flow with it, enjoy it:) 

Don't believe what he says. But don't be a fool to disbelieve it either. 

1 hour ago, Finland3286 said:

@Nahm I would say that nonsense is an outlandish claim without evidence or something that does not make sense.

This is not Riddlering, foreign as this may initially seem, try not to deflect it....

What does it actually mean... “make sense”?   What does “make sense” actually mean?

What is the ground floor, the “last stop”, where does “the buck end”? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yes, he has experience with choosing which womb to be born in.

When he was in his last lifetime, he failed to accomplish his guru's mission due to social resistance during his time. His mission was to establish something called the Dhyanalinga, which is a totally different story by itself. So after he failed, he chose to be reborn and come back again in the next life(his current life) so that he could accomplish his mission. For that, he consciously chose to be born to a certain family which wouldn't get in the way for his mission one day. He did the same for his disciplines too, so that they could meet again in the next life to continue their mission. That means he consciously left his body in his last life and chose a specific womb to be born in.  His name in the last lifetime was Sadhguru Sri Brahma if you want to look it up. 

All of this to say that, he does know a thing or two about what he is talking about in the video. This information is not mainstream because it sounds absolutely nuts to many people because it's not in their direct experience. Also he says that all the memories of lifetimes are carried to the next life in the form of energy. If I am right, you could access all of those memories by tapping into the depths of your unconscious mind. This is also what the Buddha did after his enlightenment if I am correct. He scanned through all the lifetimes that he has lived before. 

If you want to know more about what I said here, it is written in the book called "More than a Life". It is about Sadhguru's life before he became a mainstream guru.

Now obviously I have no direct experience of any of this and as he says it doesn't do you any good to believe any of this and neither disbelieve it. Just keep an open mind of the possibilities beyond what you already know. But this is basically the information out there that could answer your question. I just read this stuff out of sheer curiosity too.

Edited by Chi_

People insist on asking unanswerable questions, and he finds it an opportunity to get more fame, money, etc... It's a win-win situation.

When people stop asking stupid questions, Sadhguru and his likes will run out of business.

By the way, Sadhguru was not lying.

IMG-20190728-WA0001.jpg

Edited by Truth Addict

@Nahm I think to make sense would be for something to fit into ones worldview or be digestible to understand. Because something even taught in science class for example may make perfect sense to one student but not another and that other student would need further clarification. Or a problem that requires conceptual knowledge to understand may make perfect sense to somebody who understands the concept(s) but someone who lacks that conceptual knowledge could not really grasp the problem because they lack the fundamentals. As far as the ground floor for something making sense, I would say that Leo's video on authority goes hand in hand with this issue. Because I could say well "This is scientifically unproven and Sadhguru is not showing me how he came to this conclusion, so i'm not going to buy it". Or I could say "He hasn't died yet, how can he possibly know? Even if he did die a lifetime ago it's not like he has the same brain to recall what happened". The "buck ends" where one just accepts an authority figure to follow. But then if one questions that figure and questions x, y, and z you have an infinite regress problem that Leo points out in his video. 

12 hours ago, Finland3286 said:

How does he know?

There are ways of knowing things which you cannot even imagine.

He hasn't physically died (unless this can be accounted for by nonduality somehow).

Of course it's accounted for by nonduality.

Even if he was right about this and he did die old and feeble a lifetime ago how could you remember? It's not like you have the same brain to recall what happened.

Memory is not a merely a function of the brain. Memory is a much more profound thing.

It's stuff like this that really throws me off because I really like what the guy says and how his demeanor is but this seems like complete BS.

It seems like BS because you're trying to understand it from the materialist paradigm, which is false.

Have some mystical experiences and you'll start to understand.

Sadhguru is way too advanced for most people here. Maybe after 10 years of diligent work you'll be able to understand him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Memory is not a merely a function of the brain. Memory is a much more profound thing.

When I am deep in self-inquiry or meditation, a memory of a dream I had god knows when just pops up. I never thought I’d ever be able to remember it ever again, but I do. 

Have you experienced such phenomena? Is there an explanation for this? 

Friend, its magical in of itself that we can even come to exist. We are marvels of creation. Do you think it ends there? :D

Nothing ever made sense to begin with!

Edited by Shadowraix

I also remember Sadhguru saying something along the lines of "You do not know what your great great grandfathers nose looked like, but the nose on you face remembers because of the genetic information passed down". I believe it was something along these lines that Sadhguru said and I guess that would be a form of memory that "is not merely a function of the brain". But I'm pretty sure that this would also fit into the materialist paradigm so i'm going to go back and watch those videos. 

Memory is a tought form. Without it there is no idea of you. 

By idea of you I mean your entire life. 

Probably that's the reason why you ressurect in exact same form living same life. Yeah really questioned it. 

Reality is Just Fucking perfect that's what it is. Lol

Edited by zeroISinfinity

11 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Friend, its magical in of itself that we can even come to exist. We are marvels of creation. Do you think it ends there? :D

Nothing ever made sense to begin with!

I have no clue what happens when you die, I think it would be just like falling asleep. But if you become god like Leo goes into in his Authority video it sounds horrifying. Being in this black hole all alone all by yourself, realizing that it's all an illusion, that Leo is also myself and you are all alone. The closest thing I can possibly relate that to is a lucid dream because you realize your'e in a dream and you can manipulate that dream. But in a lucid dream I never felt all alone or felt as if it was a tragedy in some black hole. I actually like lucid dreams but what Leo portrays it as sounds horrible in a sense.

@Finland3286 Yeah it sounds horrifying because it goes against everything our survival mechanism tries to do. But once there is no resistance you will be fully embraced in the love that you are. It's so beautiful you will want to cry.