Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peo

How to deal with frustration within self inquiry?

21 posts in this topic

I have been geting pretty frustrated with self inquiry latelly. I manage to get a enlightenment experience just doing 2 or 3 days self inquiry. In the beginning i had many experience of emptiness. This summer nothing, but looking at this emptiness or in other word my true self and waiting for awakening to strike me like lightning. I dont know what is happening. Maybe i was just lucky in the beginning. Self inquiry sorta feels like playing online video game. Gamers always want to be the best and get all the good stuff. Many gamers rage quit when they lose. I also almost just want to rage quit doing this self inquiry. 

Any advice how to deal with furstration?

Frustration is part of it. Growth is nonlinear, you'll get a big breakthrough then days or even weeks of plateau. Trying to keep perspective is the best way to deal with it. Push forward! :D

Highly recommend watching Leo's videos on "Life happens in stages" and "Understanding ego backlash." 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

38 minutes ago, Peo said:

I have been geting pretty frustrated with self inquiry latelly. I manage to get a enlightenment experience just doing 2 or 3 days self inquiry. In the beginning i had many experience of emptiness. This summer nothing, but looking at this emptiness or in other word my true self and waiting for awakening to strike me like lightning. I dont know what is happening. Maybe i was just lucky in the beginning. Self inquiry sorta feels like playing online video game. Gamers always want to be the best and get all the good stuff. Many gamers rage quit when they lose. I also almost just want to rage quit doing this self inquiry. 

Any advice how to deal with furstration?

Remove all preconceived notions.  Consciousness is not emptiness per say.  You have a concept in your mind when you are meditating that you are gonna have a revelation of emptiness but that's an illusion in itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Peo Ask Who is the one who is frustrated mind will say "me" then see that you are aware of that answer so you cant be that Ask again who is that is aware and look. 

Or you can try to do neti neti - not this not that step by step go through all body parts, emotions feelings, thoughts images and see that they are not constant you are but then who are you.... 

if you get to the peace or no mind stayin that place or focus on awarness omnipresent 

I hope that helps 

1 hour ago, Peo said:

Gamers always want to be the best and get all the good stuff.

Consider the opposite.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Remove all preconceived notions.  Consciousness is not emptiness per say.  You have a concept in your mind when you are meditating that you are gonna have a revelation of emptiness but that's an illusion in itself.

No i actally experienced emptiness or not-knowing. I had zero concept in my mind, i was just in pure no mind state in some few minutes. Let me ask you this is it normal to have intense fear and your heart beating really fast when have you have a concept of the emptiness in your mind.

Edited by Peo
i need to say more

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Consider the opposite.

I dont think people always want to lose. Losing is not fun if you  have played a lot of video games.

Edited by Peo
grammer

@SriBhagwanYogi Is awarness, omnipresent synonyms to the pressent moment or in other words the very moment your experiencing right now?

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Lose what?

The game or the battle either PvE or PvP.

@Peo What would you actually lose in this analogy of the game? I get it, one player would win, the other would lose the game. Any actual loss though? Or would someone just be so convinced the game is real, so sucked into it, that they actually believe they lost something?  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Peo

That seems like egoic seeking which will never work. Ego is the biggest obstacle towards realising the self. Don't desire knowing. Let go of everything, surrender, and you will find.

@Nahm I just used the game as an analogy. Don't take everything so serious. You don't actally lose anything because the truth and your true self is always there. I just meant you would experience the truth and finally unidentified with your ego.

@Peo absolutely.  When God comes on it will be an infinitely powerful force.  when it happens do not try to fight it.  Just let yourself surrender.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Frustration? Be careful, what are you actually looking for in your self enquiry? It must always be you, sitting watching your direct experience. What is here that is "you"?  Do not try to intellectually answer these kinds of questions. You are one who observes your intellect are you not? Your intelligence is also being watched is it not? Who is watching your mind as it attempts to give different answers. 

Who is frustrated? You see, you cannot be stuck. It's impossible. Who is stuck?  

3 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Do not try to intellectually answer these kinds of questions.

Did i say i do that?