AudibleLocket

Drugs Legalization in Poor Countries

57 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Carl-Richard  I had a neighbor who was an alcoholic when I was a kid, and he lived into his 70s. He had been drinking since young age, so alcohol is really not that bad 

I was reacting to this. 

There are people who do heroin for decades and live normal life. So heroin is really not that bad. 

@Opo  hmm. Are you sure. 

I'm not sure about lethal drugs like cocaine, meth and heroin. I don't want to underestimate their lethal power. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo  hmm. Are you sure. 

I'm not sure about lethal drugs like cocaine, meth and heroin. I don't want to underestimate their lethal power. 

Yea I can't remember where I heard it. But I remember someone rotating veins and living a normal life. I think it was on Joe Rogan but I can't find it. 

The biggest number of deaths with heroin come from overdose. Because lethal dose is not that much bigger than active dose. 

Idn the real numbers so let's say active dose is 1 gram and deadly dose is 2 grams and heroin on the streets is notoriously impure. So you buy from one dealer that cut his heroin with something by 50% and to get the active dose you need to take 2 grams. Ok so now you think 2 grams is the dosage and next time you buy from a different dealer that has pure heroin and you take lethal dose and die. 

@Opo you do realize how dangerous that can be. 

It's no child's play if 1 gram and 2 gram make so much difference.. 

It's playing with death. 

2 hours ago, Opo said:

@Preety_India What kind of fucked up drug kills you when you stop taking it? 

Alcohol is one of them.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo  hmm. Are you sure. 

Alcohol is more lethal than cocaine and same as methamphetamine if you measure the active/lethal dose ratio:

p2ld9e4azht31.jpg

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

54 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo you do realize how dangerous that can be. 

It's no child's play if 1 gram and 2 gram make so much difference.. 

It's playing with death. 

Ofcourse, but the problem is people will do it no matter if it forbidden or not.

If you don't want to decriminalize or legalize it let's atleast educate them how to do it safely, give them free tests so they can test the purity so they don't overdose, give them free needles, and probably most important give them help to get back on their feet and stop punishing them and making it harder to live a normal life again. 

@Opo  it's not about punishing those who consume. 

It's about punishing those who distribute and sell. Because they want more people hurt. 

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo  It's about punishing those who distribute and sell. Because they want more people hurt. 

They don't want anyone to get hurt because it hurts their business. They care only about money and care about others only to the extent it affects them. 

I agree that they deserve some kind of punishment(preferably rehabilitive one). The problem is that it's not effective. Drugs are everywhere. 

@Opo  they should be punished strictly. That's how it is done in eastern countries. 

In my country nobody would dare to sell drugs because they are aware of the consequences. It's lifetime prison. 

Enforce Draconian laws against Drug Peddlers. Then see what happens 

The problem is corruption and fear. 

In many of these south American countries, the drug hustlers are in bed with lawmakers and enforcers. They bribe and lobby the government. 

The government officials are too pussy to do anything because they fear the Lords of the drug cartels will shoot them dead 

It's fear and greed that gets nothing done. 

If a brave leader comes to power, he would round them all up overnight and put them in front of a firing squad. And then job done. Nobody will ever sell drugs again. 

The pharmacy can be allocated the job to give drugs responsibly to drug users in controlled environments with constant control over their addiction curves/rates. This can help in controlling drug addiction, preventing them from becoming homeless and completely prohibit the insane sale of drugs like fruitcakes. 

Sometimes you need a bravo and a macho and some poison to beat poison. 

23 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo  they should be punished strictly. That's how it is done in eastern countries. 

In my country nobody would dare to sell drugs because they are aware of the consequences. It's lifetime prison. 

Enforce Draconian laws against Drug Peddlers. Then see what happens 

If a brave leader comes to power, he would round them all up overnight and put them in front of a firing squad. And then job done. Nobody will ever sell drugs again. 

I see the value of that approach in red/blue countries. It creates order and stability and helps countries develop infrastructure so they get their basic needs met. 

But once the infrastructure is developed that approach produces more negative than positive outcomes. 

31 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo   The problem is corruption and fear. 

In many of these south American countries, the drug hustlers are in bed with lawmakers and enforcers. They bribe and lobby the government. 

The government officials are too pussy to do anything because they fear the Lords of the drug cartels will shoot them dead 

It's fear and greed that gets nothing done. 

I live in a western country and that kind of shit still happens here. 

But here government officials aren't afraid for their lives but their pockets. 

Problem with government officials is they can't do that much alone even if they wanted to because most of their coworkers have their jobs on the line if they do something bad and they can't afford it(bills, kids, debt...), so they just stay in line.

But still there is progress just the money is pretty good at slowing it down. 

15 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

They should start putting sugar into these tables, I've heard sugar is as addicting as heroine

This is just sad. 

On 8/8/2019 at 0:54 PM, AudibleLocket said:

True.

This is what 99% of the weed consumed here looks like.

kkkkkkkkkk.jpg

That's a real problem, people are not interest in the quality.

For 19 years I smoked brick weed until I found out that they mix it with dirt, dog food, dog poop and petroleum derivatives.

That's why I smoke only premium stuff now. It is not cheap but it is worth it.

Arc

On 9/4/2020 at 4:35 PM, Opo said:

Doesn't mean it's bad weed. 

You are right sometimes they just grab the good stuff and press it. But most of the times it is mixed with the stuff I mentioned above. Don't smoke brick weed kids.

Decimalization may be more effective than legalization—but that depends on the country. Legalization requires sufficient infrastructure and resources.

Countries that struggle with bribery, for example, may have more pressing concerns than legalization, such as the imposition of the “rule of law” (that the law applies to all people—governors and citizens alike). Decriminalization might help to prevent discriminatory enforcement, for example, such as the disproportionate imposition of drug-prohibition based on race.

I also don’t know how pervasive corruption is in Brazil. Decriminalization might make good sense in Brazil, if the country needs to focus its resources on pressing issues like reducing bribery.

More developed countries may have a greater need  for fully integrated medical regulation. Major concerns for such countries might include providing uncontaminated supplies or ensuring safe contexts for drug use. For example, how do we practically provide generous and liberal access to methamphetamine to populations in a way that the people will have the supports that they need?

I’m not sure how robust Brazil’s medical regulation infrastructure is. However, my impression is that Brazil has more pressing needs than regulating recreational drug use. I hear about large-scale dumping of toxic waste, corrupt dam development leading to disasters, and wide scale deforestation In Brazil. So, decriminalization might be a more immediate solution to the drug war collateral—and reduce drug contamination to some extent. 

Edited by RobertZ
Clarity.

3 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

For 19 years I smoked brick weed until I found out that they mix it with dirt, dog food, dog poop and petroleum derivatives.

Lol wtf.