ActualizedDavid

What is not religious dogma ?

17 posts in this topic

How do you know what is religious dogma and what ia not?

What can be verified? 

What no dogma could be

A : 'I purged self'

Something that doesn't stick to mind.

Nature is a dogma. Humans are nature. A god self is above all programming.

The thoughts of others are dogma.

What is 'true' is an absolute self experience.

3 minutes ago, ActualizedDavid said:

How do you know what is religious dogma and what ia not?

Dogma:" a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true." So, dogmatic religion simply means religion practiced in this way. A truth claim based on "higher authority" that cannot be challenged. Notice how nearly all religions are believed in this way. 

Only you can verify truth for yourself, because only you have sole authority over your reality.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Look at your hand. That's not dogma.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually it is if you believe you could use the Force with it :P

Edited by AlldayLoop

12 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

Actually it is if you believe you could use the Force with it :P

You can use force

23 minutes ago, Aeris said:

What no dogma could be

A : 'I purged self'

Something that doesn't stick to mind.

Nature is a dogma. Humans are nature. A god self is above all programming.

The thoughts of others are dogma.

What is 'true' is an absolute self experience.

22 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

Dogma:" a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true." So, dogmatic religion simply means religion practiced in this way. A truth claim based on "higher authority" that cannot be challenged. Notice how nearly all religions are believed in this way. 

Only you can verify truth for yourself, because only you have sole authority over your reality.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My hand is real right now.What is true is absolute self experience. But i still wanna have a good guvernament.

See.. what i'm asking is not what is true. I'm asking what from religion is not just people hallucinating ? or Interpreting stuff wrong.

@Aeris What I meant to say is that if you believe that your hand is the source of the Force just because you can lift up objects by moving your hand, then you are deluding yourself. 

Edited by AlldayLoop

30 minutes ago, ActualizedDavid said:

See.. what i'm asking is not what is true. I'm asking what from religion is not just people hallucinating ? or Interpreting stuff wrong.

That's very wide question. A whole book could be written about that because there is so much stuff religions say.

God, for example, is not a dogma. But! For most religious people it is.

Dogma is not just about true vs false, dogma is about how you hold it. If a perosn holds a true thing as a belief which he has no direct experience of, it's still a dogma.

For example, if you are absolutely sure the Earth is round, that's a dogma, even if the Earth turns out to be round once you look down on it from orbit.

But if you have actually seen the round Earth with your own eyes, then it's not a dogma.

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's very wide question. A whole book could be written about that because there is so much stuff religions say.

God, for example, is not a dogma. But! For most religious people it is.

Dogma is not just about true vs false, dogma is about how you hold it. If a perosn holds a true thing as a belief which he has no direct experience of, it's still a dogma.

For example, if you are absolutely sure the Earth is round, that's a dogma, even if the Earth turns out to be round once you look down on it from orbit.

But if you have actually seen the round Earth with your own eyes, then it's not a dogma.

27 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is a profound question.  I like to say: all beliefs are excuses.  Those who do do.  Those who can't do teach.  When we can't do, our Ego-Mind needs to justify itself by weaving a suit of theory/rationalization that can be clung to like a child's blanket.  People create teachings when they can't bring themselves to do.  After all, if you could do, you would just do, there would be no issue.

@Joseph Maynor

This is good. Good answer. 

What did you read about what i'm asking here ?

What books, audio lectures etc .

@Leo Gura

So direct experience is king. This are your words. :) 

I got your book list.

Do you have any books there that explain what i'm asking? If yes. In what category are they in.

Or if anyone who had this question's -->what did you studied ? 

Edited by ActualizedDavid

I mean what about other life forms. What about them ?

I did not have ant direct experience . Are those things worth the time. Or we just need to stay here and enjoy the ride.

Or i should stop asking questions and do what my intuition is telling me and study this .

9 minutes ago, ActualizedDavid said:

Or i should stop asking questions and do what my intuition is telling me and study this .

Ditto. Let’s do this. 

The definition of Dogma: a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

In Consciousness work, nothing is true until you experience it. Believe nothing and don't hold anything anyone says as true or The Truth. Treat claims as hypotheses to be tested and experienced, not something to be believed.

As Zen people like to say: If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him.

P.S: Ken Wilber's books will help you make sense of religious experiences and how to interpret them.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

1 hour ago, ActualizedDavid said:

Do you have any books there that explain what i'm asking?

What you're asking cannot really be explained. You gotta undertake a personal journey of validate various religious and scientific metaphysical claims.

Reading an explanation in a book doesn't help because that's just begging the question. That book then becomes your new dogma. You need to find a way to determine which books you can trust. You cannot do that based on my recommendations because do you not know if I am correct or not.

The pursuit of truth must be independent of all human sources.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The pursuit of truth must be independent of all human sources.

Hence, my name.

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

@ActualizedDavid

There's no such thing as dogma. You created that term and associated it with a bunch of stuff.

Of course, that claim seems to be a dogma.

The question is: what's the difference?