Bryanbrax

Love death and robots

20 posts in this topic

The title above is a netflix show that features mini episodes of stories . Each episode is unique and different , with different styles .

This show will blow your mind , better than any mainstream crap out there. If you decide to give it a try you will be amazed.✌

I just started watching this show a week ago and found the episode 'Zima blue' to have themes the most relevant to people on this forum. Brought a tear to my eye. Which is strange considering it only had about 10 minutes to do so. 

Edited by RickyBalboa

Some episodes are pretty good, although others I find them dumb as hell.

Watched it on 150µg LSD. Cannot remember much, but very entertaining for that matter.

Edited by steenadrianmr

19 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Some episodes are pretty good, although others I find them dumb as hell.

Agreed but overall I enjoyed them all, even the dumb ones haha. They all had their charm and were all very artistically novel which is one of the things I found so impressive. 

I also watched it following Leo's recommendation on his blog.

After watching the episode - Beyond The Aquila Rift it shows that the truth is very ugly. Leo comments that "the ending is profound in that it shows that truth can be an ugly thing which most people don't have the courage to stomach. Most people don't realize how shocking and radical truth is, which is why it must remain hidden. Before you ask for the truth, make sure you can handle it. Tis a good life lesson."

I'm hoping here he is talking about truths in the relative domain like the fact that when you actually understand the animal cruelty going into the food you are eating not absolute truth. I have always seen Leo talk about absolute truth being synonymous with love so i'm sure he can't be taling about that?

Hm, interesting... I once watched the first ten or so episodes with a friend and thought that it was all very much style over substance -- a ridiculously flashy, overblown, pretentious and ultimately vapid attack on all senses for ADHD millenials who play way too many video games.

Yeah, maybe I am just getting old, lol.

Why so serious?

2 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

I have always seen Leo talk about absolute truth being synonymous with love so i'm sure he can't be taling about that?

Beyond The Aquila Rift's ending WAS love.

Love is a radical thing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes i can see that her actions are loving in that she conceals the truth by giving a much more preferable simulation.

However, the raw hellish reality of how things actually are is the truth. This raw, hellish truth if symbolising how things are when all ego/concepts are broken down and universal consciousness is experienced, seems to differ to how i picture/have experienced this loving truth.

However, there were points on an LSD trip once when my ego was battling in a similar way and wanting to go back to the concepts as a safe haven, as the truth that my parents who i love the most only exist as concepts scared the shit out of me.

Edited by andyjohnsonman

I enjoyed Zima Blue the most... I watched it multiple times... almost cried at the end. A very profound portrayal of the spiritual path.

Also I really liked beyond the aquila rift... 

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

I liked the one set in feudal China as it was being slowly overtaken by the British / industrialisation. It spoke to me of how mysticism/magic has slowly died as part of our collective experience of reality, only to be replaced with machines and engineering.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

This show is awesome and I have been advertising it to my friends for months. Really eye opening episodes in my opinion.

My favorite episode is “Beyond the Aquila Rift”, totally broke my mind. I was so enthralled that I purchased the book it was based on (as well as the episode ‘Zima Blue’).

1 hour ago, andyjohnsonman said:

However, the raw hellish reality of how things actually are is the truth. This raw, hellish truth if symbolising how things are when all ego/concepts are broken down and universal consciousness is experienced, seems to differ to how i picture/have experienced this loving truth.

That's all in the mind of the beholder. Truth is whatever it is, good or bad. If you expect Truth to be pleasant, that's a problem. It may be pleasant but it may not.

The Holocaust is as much a part of God as rainbows and butterflies. What will you do if you find yourself in the middle of a holocaust situation? Will be conscious enough to see the Truth in it? Or will you think that God has abandoned you?

@Actualized Disciple Alastair Reynolds is an amazing writer. Which is why those two episodes were so good. They weren't written by a hack, as is the trend in Hollywood these days. Good writing is rare these days in movies.

@Actualized Disciple Beyond the Aquilla Rift was my favorite too. Rewatched that ending a few times lol.

6 hours ago, Apparition of Jack said:

I liked the one set in feudal China as it was being slowly overtaken by the British / industrialisation. It spoke to me of how mysticism/magic has slowly died as part of our collective experience of reality, only to be replaced with machines and engineering.

I think that one helped me understand furries. twas cool tho