ndalian

Lucid Dreaming And Self Aculization Work

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I had a question about Lucid Dreaming and the effects of it on you Self Actualization work. Predominately in meditation area. I know that meditation is very different to the practice of Lucid Dreaming and in fact I've heard that if you practice Lucid Dreaming this could damage your meditation skills and even cripple your mentality. Just wanted to see if it is in fact true or a bunch baloney. Thank you

No Lucid Dreaming does not damage your Meditation in any way.

I have been lucid dreaming for a long time now and I would actually say that Lucid Dreaming improved my Meditation skills. Although Lucid Dreaming requires you to often visualize and think in order to get lucid, wich is in fact kind of the opposite of Meditation, it doesn't make you an Overthinker or Daydreamer. I've noticed that Lucid Dreaming made me way more focused and mindful and that I started thinking clearer.

There are really no downsides to Lucid Dreaming and I recommend it to everyone who is into self development, becoming a lucid dreamer makes you very mindful, it allows you to communicate with your subconscious mind, you can overcome your fears, practice sports or job interviews and it's all in all quite fun.

17 hours ago, Vibivub said:

No Lucid Dreaming does not damage your Meditation in any way.

I have been lucid dreaming for a long time now and I would actually say that Lucid Dreaming improved my Meditation skills. Although Lucid Dreaming requires you to often visualize and think in order to get lucid, wich is in fact kind of the opposite of Meditation, it doesn't make you an Overthinker or Daydreamer. I've noticed that Lucid Dreaming made me way more focused and mindful and that I started thinking clearer.

There are really no downsides to Lucid Dreaming and I recommend it to everyone who is into self development, becoming a lucid dreamer makes you very mindful, it allows you to communicate with your subconscious mind, you can overcome your fears, practice sports or job interviews and it's all in all quite fun.

Thank you Vibivub, I've been practicing Lucid Dreaming in and out for 4 -5 years now. (Nothing too serious though) I've noticed the past year or so I've been having difficulties flying from a spot. Now I always have to get up on a high ground and sort of glide instead of proper flying like I used to do. I don't know what it means.  I even get frustrated sometimes in my Lucid dream when I try very hard but can't lift myself up, so I wake up.

Was lucid dreaming at first scary? What videos would you recommend I watch in order to start lucid dreaming

13 hours ago, Mercy said:

Was lucid dreaming at first scary? What videos would you recommend I watch in order to start lucid dreaming

This site has a lot of information for beginners http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/articles.html.

It's not scary if you remember that nothing can harm you in your Dreams, but it is possible that it might be shocking when you first become lucid in a dream. Just remain calm and stay focused.

If you become self-aware in a dream you will know it. The first feeling that I had is that I became everything around me (This is kind of how you know that this isn't real, even though it will seem real)  You will feel everything... For example you will feel air, trees, floor, your body and other people in your dream and preserve it as yourself. It's really wearied at first. It's like you were wearing a suit all this time and that it's off your everywhere... And because of that you know you can do anything with yourself and this is where fun begins. :)

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:21 PM, brovakhiin said:

Ive been trying on and off for a couple months now, I just can't quite get it.. was really close 3 times but never quite got there.

This is a technique, that worked for me almost every time. Go to bed early maybe like 10 pm or 9.30pm.  Make sure you eat 2 hours prior the sleep. Before going to sleep put alarm on 3.15 am. When you wake up go for a run for 15 - 20 minutes. When you return take a hot shower and go to bed around 4 am. And here is the tricky part. You shouldn't think that you're going to get lucid that night. Think of it as an exercise or training for your body to get lucid. So point of it is not necessary to get lucid but rather to train your body for lucid dreaming.

When you go to bed just relax and go to sleep. Let it go don't think you'll get lucid at all. Might take a few tries before you induce yourself in to lucid dreaming.

This is what you'll be feeling when going lucid with this technique: You'll feel your body is rotating very fast. And you'll feel like you have control over this rotation, so you should make yourself rotate more and more. The more you rotate the deeper you get in to the dream state (But don't over do it as you will fall in to a full sleep) Then I usually stand up from my bed and I'm lucid. :) I know that I'm dreaming because my room looks different.

This is great information. I came across this term could of weeks ago, wanted to know what it really is.