Michael Paul

Where the spiritual path leads

19 posts in this topic

Is it possible that the spiritual path can lead you to the recognition of a higher perception of reality that DOESN’T involve God, higher consciousness, or even infinite love? Could these simply be concepts in the domain of relative experience?

I guess what I’m alluding to is the idea that true awakening may lie in the realization that all beliefs are limiting, including cherished beliefs about the way reality works at a fundamental level. The next step after this may be opening up to all possibilities without becoming overly attached to one perception of reality.

I’m not claiming to know whether this is where the path may lead, just wanted to see what people think of this. I’ve found teachers who say things along these lines.

People have asked something similar to this in the past on this forum, as I’ve lurked on here for several months before deciding to create an account. Just wanted to kick things off in an interesting way for my first post ?.

@Michael Paul The concepts themselves are limiting but what they point to is not. This is all mental scaffolding that never truly represents what happens when awakening occurs. But it's our best effort at communicating it. 

Hehe, how can there be a path that goes beyond God when the path itself is part of God?

God is not a concept, but It includes all things, including concepts.

And hey, nice opening post! ?

36 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

Is it possible that the spiritual path can lead you to the recognition of a higher perception of reality that DOESN’T involve God, higher consciousness, or even infinite love? Could these simply be concepts in the domain of relative experience?

No, not if you're doing it right.

Stop doubting and start doing the practices.

This is not a belief-based teaching. God is not a concept, God is you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Shadowraix You’re right that mental scaffolding does not equal the experience of legitimate awakening. I know there is variance in people’s understanding of awakening as well, and mine has changed over time with growth and development. Sometimes it’s good for me to examine and even scrutinize the underlying conceptual framework that I utilize to understand reality and check that with other people.

@Truth Addict That’s generally how I’ve characterized God over the past few years since I started on my spiritual journey. God being synonymous with all of Reality itself seems to be the most accurate way to put it when it comes to the limitations of language. This post just felt like a healthy way to examine another understanding of what awakening is that I’ve come across.

@Leo Gura I’ve watched several of your blog post videos that you’ve posted, including Infinite Love Awakening, Tapping into Collective Consciousness, and Total Omniscience Awakening. I can’t remember which one, but in it you rejected meditation (and I think yoga as well) when it comes to reaching the level of consciousness that you were talking about. When you say “practices”, are you primarily talking about psychedelics now?  

1 hour ago, Michael Paul said:

@Leo Gura When you say “practices”, are you primarily talking about psychedelics now?  

No, I know that many of you are averse to psychedelics, so when I say practices, I mean all the traditional practices as well.

I have given you guys lists of practices in the past.

You also have to keep in mind that I share some extremely advanced insights on my blog and in my videos. Some of the things I talk about will not be understood hardly by anyone. And that's okay. Most people here are not really seriously interested in Truth or understanding, you're here for the smaller purpose of improving your life. So what that means is you will not access the deepest things I talk about, but you can still improve your life significantly.

Accessing the deepest things I talk about will require something special -- whatever that means. But don't worry. Even if you only access 30% of what I talk about you will be in the top 0.1% of mankind.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I share some extremely advanced insights on my blog and in my videos

there are no advanced levels in this game, that is just a trip into the ol' roman wilderness of pain

although i don't have much regard for zen, one thing i learned from it is to always have a beginner mindset to everything you do
(which is how i became a rare living master in the arts)

as soon as you think you are SHIT HOT and better than others, you are in darth vader land

You start to see everyone outside of you as a devil or someone who doesn't understand you and if they don't cater to your will and worship you, you treat them like garbage.

Not Good. 

Luckily the Love Police are in town to save the day.

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

5 minutes ago, Truthority said:

as soon as you think you are SHIT HOT and better than others, you are in darth vader land

You start to see everyone outside of you as a devil or someone who doesn't understand you and if they don't cater to your will and worship you, you treat them like garbage.

Not Good.

LOL 

Sure @Leo Gura I am so special.lol

Maybe this is rare. Top of 0.1% is Just an average guy beaten by the devils so horribly. Go return back, cmon it's fun sacrifice again. 

Yes they all seek for gaining something. Self agenda, Bliss chasers etc. 

Truth is realized by deeply honestly good and pure hearted. 

Do God's work and get ripped apart again. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Truthority You talkin shit, friend.

Be here to learn, not to mouth off.

One of the interesting things on actualised.org is that if you believe you are God it is not a belief. Debates around this often end with something along the lines of "it cannot be explained in words, it is beyond language". 

Reminds me of a line from a great book on relationships written by Harville Hendirx and I paraphrase. He was saying that early on in a relationship things can be great as there is a merging of reality and an accommodation of the other persons reality, a honeymoon period of open-mindedness and tolerance, but then problems can develop when both parties decide their reality is the correct reality and they no longer wish to compromise. 

I love these parts from the original post, it's like what I want to say but I cannot articulate it as well.......

20 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

I guess what I’m alluding to is the idea that true awakening may lie in the realization that all beliefs are limiting, including cherished beliefs about the way reality works at a fundamental level.

I guess the come back could be that this is also a limiting belief...... that all beliefs are limiting! I guess it depends on what you do with the beliefs as to whether they are limiting? Could some beliefs be limiting in a healthy way? 

20 hours ago, Michael Paul said:

The next step after this may be opening up to all possibilities without becoming overly attached to one perception of reality.

There's definitely strong attachments to beliefs all over this forum, probably me included. I then think that it depends on what damage (if any) these attachments cause? Most people with strong attachments believe they are right for having these strong attachments, that these attachments are required. A bit like a quote I once read along the lines of "of course my opinion is right, I wouldn't hold it if it was wrong"!!!!!!

@Bill W You bring up a good point when you say that seeing all beliefs as limiting may also be a limiting belief. This creates quite the regress hahaha. I see it like this - as human beings, we cannot help but to hold certain positions, at least in ordinary consciousness. Maybe in so-called “non-ordinary” states of consciousness we can drop all of our belief filters temporarily to see reality simply as it is (still from our perspective) without layers of various dogmas layered over it. I don’t know, just my experience.

Edited by Michael Paul

13 hours ago, Truthority said:

there are no advanced levels in this game, that is just a trip into the ol' roman wilderness of pain

although i don't have much regard for zen, one thing i learned from it is to always have a beginner mindset to everything you do
(which is how i became a rare living master in the arts)

Not Good. 

You’re lecturing Leo about how he’s wrong and deluded for saying his teachings are advanced because of the trap of thinking one is hot shit in yet you’re blabbering about how you’re some living master (lol) whose risen above traditions and are preaching at Leo becaue you’re superior in your consciousness and understanding...

if that’s not a shadow I don’t know what is. 

17 hours ago, Ero said:

The recognition of what you say does not contradict a statement such as "There are advanced levels". The advanced level is "no better" than the lower level, but it is still an "advanced level".

Yes exactly that's what i meant. 

I have been practising music for 30 years now and done it professionally for 14-15... You see this time and time again with amateurs and beginners or even pros who lack a strong foundation. They just want to get to the advanced stuff not getting this subtle thing. To be willing to go back to the basics again and again. It's an endless road of discovery. 

Listen to Miles Davis... sometimes he would start a solo which just a few notes, with this sense of phrasing creating space... while everyone is usually trying to be all flashy (listen to his solo from 1:31... just pure genius). Of course Coltrane is on that record too... 

So yes advanced but with a beginner's mindset. 

10 hours ago, kieranperez said:

You’re lecturing Leo about how he’s wrong and deluded for saying his teachings are advanced because of the trap of thinking one is hot shit in yet you’re blabbering about how you’re some living master (lol) whose risen above traditions and are preaching at Leo becaue you’re superior in your consciousness and understanding...

I'm not superior to anyone. Nor am I lecturing. 

It seems i've made quite the impression on you, friend.

10 hours ago, kieranperez said:

if that’s not a shadow I don’t know what is. 

Please elaborate. 

And say what you have to say. Clearly something is bothering you. 

Don't hold back.

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

19 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Is this a limiting-belief?

no it's a quote from jim morrison

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Truthority You talkin shit, friend.

ok i admit the love police thing was too much

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Be here to learn, not to mouth off.

i'll keep that in mind

sometimes i just like to SCREAM so i throw some paint on the wall and see what happens

but i am always learning from all you wisefools on here

see alot of myself in you

makes me wonder if this is all some kind of dream

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG

30 minutes ago, Truthority said:

Yes exactly that's what i meant. 

I have been practising music for 30 years now and done it professionally for 14-15... You see this time and time again with amateurs and beginners or even pros who lack a strong foundation. They just want to get to the advanced stuff not getting this subtle thing. To be willing to go back to the basics again and again. It's an endless road of discovery. 

Listen to Miles Davis... sometimes he would start a solo which just a few notes, with this sense of phrasing creating space... while everyone is usually trying to be all flashy (listen to his solo from 1:31... just pure genius). Of course Coltrane is on that record too... 

So yes advanced but with a beginner's mindset. 

I'm not superior to anyone. Nor am I lecturing. 

It seems i've made quite the impression on you, friend.

Please elaborate. 

And say what you have to say. Clearly something is bothering you. 

Don't hold back.

Do you produce and have success in Electronic music production aswell ( I mean. Do you write and compose music ? )

Elitism is masturbation in a mirror.

You don't choose to be an elit.

When someone play guitar don't get monney and complain that Electronic music is dumb for instance.

When you réalise that ultimately pop music is the same shit than what you think is above.

I know what is above to me. But when you aware you know it was all imagination.

Miles Davis is the same shit than Skrillex. 

Are you aware of this ?

Being an elit is not a choice

It is an imaginary belief

@Aeris Yes Music is Music

don't matter what kind

only the good kind matters

I love electronic music (whatever that even means)

favs: Jon Hopkins, The Field, Brian Eno, Aphex Twin

and lot of old ambient stuff Ashra

i recorder an electronic album in 2010 it was quite a masterpiece

Hendrix also played electric guitar. 

And everything is recorded through mics and cables or usb cables and midi keyboards and with digital software or analog studios that use electricity. 

All music is electronic music. 

The world is electrified chaos with a beautiful neon glow sparkling like a dream

swashbuckler 4 life xD
TRUTHORITY.ORG