Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kindayellow

How authentic can an individuals self actualizatioin model be?

4 posts in this topic

So I've heard Leo say many times that we need to find what works for me. And I'm feeling confused because I don't want to fall into the trap of not doing things because "that's not me", and at the same time I don't want to fall into the trap of believing everything Leo says, pretending to adopt it and then never make any action other than remembering what he said and either telling someone that to make me sound more developed than I actually am. I've been a victim to both in the past and it obviously just takes time to figure out what truly works for you and what doesn't without any limiting beliefs. So my question here is, after a certain level of development, can two people really have very different philosophies? Without either party falling into their own dogma and letting their ego reject certain things because it damages their self image etc. 

Extra note - I've sometimes had the thought that no one is really that different from each other, and that things the average person like to define themselves by aren't actually them. So essentially everyone's higher self is the same, but leo and I included want to find our own path so its just one of many other personal development paradoxes.

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

Good question. I will also say anything anyone does isn't actually them so accept that firstly. If you are anything it is a "way", a way of happiness. 

You could sample his teachings and adopt what works for you. What works for you? Ask yourself and feel it out dont rationalize. Also there will be things you know you need to do that will be uncomfortable but remember thats where the growth comes.