Raphael

Most important books you ever read?

32 posts in this topic

I hate to say it but I feel like I haven’t been gaining anything from all the books I’ve read. So far I have read 19 self-help related books and am currently reading Team of Rivals, but I haven’t gained much at all I feel.

Could be me. Maybe I am not doing the right practices or maybe most of the books I have read are in no practical use at this moment in my life.

I do like Team of Rivals the most though.

@Ampresus I used to read books like that. I never gained anything until I started actively contemplate what I read. I think because we were taught in school that's important to remember everything you read we start reading PD books like that. Somehow remembering what you read in a book is supposed to change you.

You need a vision and life experience so you automatically start picking the right books and everything you read starts looking relevant to your life. I don't know how to explain contemplation, try watching Leo's video on it. Metaphorically speaking it's like chewing on information in order to absorb the knowledge nutrients. I'm not even joking, you can feel yourself soaking up that precious wisdom juice. 

On topic, most important books I ever read:

• Most of 5 star books on Leo's book list

Other than that:

• The Alabaster Girl - Zan Perrion
  • Letting Go - David R. Hawkins 
  • Everything by Neville Goddard (I mean literally every single book he wrote) 
  • Reality Transurfing - Vadim Zeland
  • The Mind Illuminated - Culadasa

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

I'm reading King, Warrior, Magician and Lover by Robert Moore and Doug Gillette and I'm finding it pretty interesting.

king-warrior-magician-lover.jpg

Edited by brugluiz

I find it depends on the topic you are interested at the time. One book may be right or wrong at that moment of time for you.

Looking for books to eliminate my false money beliefs right now. Probably going to read It's Not About the Money to help get rid of my false beliefs that I got enslaved by parents.

Search on the best books on the particular topic, not the best of the best nonfiction/self help.

9 hours ago, Ampresus said:

I hate to say it but I feel like I haven’t been gaining anything from all the books I’ve read. So far I have read 19 self-help related books and am currently reading Team of Rivals, but I haven’t gained much at all I feel.

Could be me. Maybe I am not doing the right practices or maybe most of the books I have read are in no practical use at this moment in my life.

I do like Team of Rivals the most though.

Are you putting the books you read into daily practice? Knowledge is useless unless you put into practice. Also if you read a book, allow time to integrate into your subconscious-mind and focusing one book at a time is best.

You must be passionate about what you are reading and excited to try all the methods and techniques for an effective result in your life. If you are just reading and its not resonating with you as much and you don't feel as passionate or excited to practice or follow what the book is teaching then you are wasting your time.

If you haven't felt like you've been gaining anything then you may be forcing yourself to read stuff you do not resonate with or other reasons i stated above. Never do this, even if its a fantasy book, you will learn much more about life by following your highest, most passionate book/calling.

The Celestine Prophecy for example is classed as Fiction' but i learned more about life from that book than most other books based on facts, based on my own personal journey and understanding.

Just some suggestions, hope this helps :)

B R E A T H E

@Antonius Thanks for the list. Considering one my fave all times is on your list (David Hawkins Letting Go) - I shall check out the other books on your list. Thanks. 

The untethered soul - Micheal Singer

Letting Go - David Hawkins

Power Of Now - Echart Tolle

Mastering the core teachings of the Buddah - Daniel Ingram

Loving What arises - Matt Kahn

Edited by Fishy

12 Rules for Life - Jordan Peterson - really made me stand up straight with my shoulders back

The War of Art - Steven Pressfield 

Meditations - Marcus Aurelius 

The Alchemist

The Power of Now

The book of Not Knowing

Sapiens (AMAZING)

all of these changed my level consciousness while reading them. Now the key is to use its messages to change your consciousess when your not reading the books

@pluto I think you are right man.

I bought many self-help books recently, but with your insight I understand what I must do now. I will be buying Letting Go by David Hawkins soon. Something I am excited to read.

The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

Psycho Cybernetics - Maxwell Maltz

1 hour ago, Ampresus said:

@pluto I think you are right man.

I bought many self-help books recently, but with your insight I understand what I must do now. I will be buying Letting Go by David Hawkins soon. Something I am excited to read.

David Hawkins Letting Go is awesome. Let me know what you think!