Manjushri

What is schizophrenia?

45 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, SerpaeTetra said:

So in the same way, any self-realized person doesn't have any physical illnesses since they are creating their own reality?

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@SerpaeTetra Yes all they would have to say is i don't have any mental illness and theoretically they wouldn't. But this is only theory at the highest level of consciousness. This is why leo said in omnisciency he could heal his own body. It is precisely because you are using god ego and not human ego to assess the situation. That perhaps imagination could destroy imagination. 

So a person who gets in a car crash and loses their legs and eyesight can just say they don't have anything wrong with them and can possibly heal their body if they are at the highest level on consciousness.  Ok, now I get what you are saying.  

@SerpaeTetra  That is certainly possible, just no where near our level of consciousness unfortunately, we would be able to heal anything then LOL. 

all possibilities include all possibilities 

prostetic legs is literally what your talking about. It is using imagination to counter imaginations. There are limitations to everything. What i'm talking about is an infinite potential however, the solution is already here right now... it is consciousness

Edited by Aakash

26 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Schizophrenia is much more complex than this - the neurotransmitters in the brain don't work properly in schizophrenics.

I understand all what you are saying. It happened to me too. Probably in my case it wasn't so bad as in other cases that's why I could overcome it. I know. In my case the pills were helpful to me. It helped me to "heal" the neurotransmitters and think better and finally get well. I am still taking medication.

But, only medication doesn't assure that you can be cured too. The doctors are very clear that the pills help you to recover and then you have to try to think differently of the situation, they teach you how to cope with stressful situations because otherwise you will go again into schizophrenia or psychosis. 

What happens with those cases that are extreme, as you mentioned (where I was there was some cases that they had to be in a special area because they were violent) is that they changed the structure of the brain because of their thinking. That's harder to overcome. I am not saying that only with meditation they will get cured. The pills and the treatments can help them to leave that place of wrong thinking.

But the center point of this is that in my opinion, it all begins with our thoughts and our perception of reality. That "thinking" can go really out of hand at some moments or persons and really they are in a very difficult place to overcome that schizoid thoughts.

When you continue thinking that you are the thinker, is hard to control thoughts that go out of control.

I am not sure if I was clear to express my point Lol...

This thread is becoming very valuable, really. Thanks all for sharing your POVs.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

When you continue thinking that you are the thinker, is hard to control thoughts that go out of control.

You'd didn't express it well.  

However, pretty much what you saying is how it is. 

15 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@SerpaeTetra  That is certainly possible, just no where near our level of consciousness unfortunately, we would be able to heal anything then LOL. 

all possibilities include all possibilities 

prostetic legs is literally what your talking about. It is using imagination to counter imaginations. There are limitations to everything. What i'm talking about is an infinite potential however, the solution is already here right now... it is consciousness

Fair enough.  

25 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

@Aakash Oh yeah, try staying off the forum for 30 days, as "winterknight" says.  (Are you calling him soldier as some sort of weird authority rebelling power play thing, I can't tell tbh.) :o

I understand where you are coming from, but if there is a schizophrenic person in front of me that needs help - I am not going to be using this sort of jargon on them - especially on a schizophrenic, where these concepts can so easily be interpreted wrongly - fueled for greater delusion.

I don't think this thread was ever about how to help somebody with schizophrenia anyway. 

@Keyhole ahaha lapse in cognition! Winterknight I meant. 

If you don’t use the jargon it won’t help the situation. It’s abit obvious that the situation has arised because the jargon wasn’t used. 

25 minutes ago, Aakash said:

You'd didn't express it well.  

However, pretty much what you saying is how it is. 

How would you write it better? The problem is that English is my second language Lol...

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse ahaha another mental cognition lapse from not reading with focus - it was written beautifully. I take back what I said 

Just now, Aakash said:

ahaha another mental cognition lapse from not reading with focus - it was written beautifully. I take back what I said

:P

Happens all the time Lol... I do that too.

@Keyhole ? life is like a sinking boat, we’re all sinking in it until someone gets their shit together 

@Keyhole do you know why Leonardo da Vinci’s artwork - man. Was such an important thing. It’s because it shows a single human can be any combination. 

I have never met a schizophrenic man person. No. But it doesn’t mean I haven’t studied about their traits. 

@Keyhole , can I conclude our conversation has ended and both Parties are in further understanding ? 

@Keyhole nevermind speaking about schizophrenia is not the same as talking about the highest levels of consciousness. So I’ll call goodnight. 

Good luck with your hang over! And what ever you decide to do. 

@Keyhole  I know what you are talking about. Some guys went down the rabbit hole (but for the wrong reasons) that is difficult to see reality again if they don't have help from a psychiatric doctor. But, because everything is consciousness, in fact they are "you or me" also trying to help themselves.

;) 

And really they have very helpful techniques to cope with stress, depression, psychosis, etc... Being there in the hospital helped me to see psychiatry in a completely new and different light. Really now I think that what they taught me should be taught in schools, workplaces, everywhere. There's a lot of people out there who really need psychiatric advice.

In a spirituality sense this work is a lot about deconstruction. The experiences associated with schizophrenia seem to encourage more construction. 

A shaman is someone who swims in the same ocean as the schizophrenic, but the shaman has thousands and thousands of years of sanctioned technique and tradition to draw upon.

Terence McKenna

Edited by Billy Shears

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.