FoxFoxFox

What is love?

234 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

How exactly is the God in Christianity Love when he throws trillions of people into eternal Hell?

And what about all the billions of innocent babies who gets thrown into Hell because they died inside the woman or shortly after birth and therefore didn't even get a chance to believe in Jesus and get baptized?

That's not Christianity at all, that's a handful of people's perverted conclusions of it over the years. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Everything perceivable and conceivable is The Absolute in the same way as all waves are water. Or all pots are clay. Or all images on the screen are screen.

Love is another wave. Another pot. Another image.

How do you know? 

“Enlightened leadership is spiritual if we understand spirituality not as some kind of religious dogma or ideology but as the domain of awareness where we experience values like truth, goodness, beauty, love and compassion, and also intuition, creativity, insight and focused attention.”

- Deepak Chopra

Love is the experience that others are not others. Beauty is the experience that objects are not objects.

Total openness, pure sensitivity, unconditional allowing: this is not something you, as a person, can do; it is what you, as pure Awareness, are.

However, love, peace and happiness are inherent in the knowing of our own being. In fact, they are the knowing of being. They are simply other names for our self.

Your Self, Aware Presence, knows no resistance to any appearance and, as such, is happiness itself; like the empty space of a room it cannot be disturbed and is, therefore, peace itself; like this page, it is intimately one with whatever appears on it and is thus love itself; and like water that is not affected by the shape of a wave, it is pure freedom. Causeless joy, imperturbable peace, love that knows no opposite and freedom at the heart of all experience....this is your ever-present nature under all circumstances.

- Rupert Spira

And I say to you, I have also decided to stick with love, for I know that love is ultimately the only answer to mankind’s problems. And I’m going to talk about it everywhere I go. I know it isn’t popular to talk about it in some circles today. And I’m not talking about emotional bosh when I talk about love; I’m talking about a strong, demanding love. And I have seen too much hate. I’ve seen too much hate on the faces of sheriffs in the South. I’ve seen hate on the faces of too many Klansmen and too many White Citizens Councilors in the South to want to hate, myself, because every time I see it, I know that it does something to their faces and their personalities, and I say to myself that hate is too great a burden to bear. I have decided to love.

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable. Even a superficial look at history reveals that no social advance rolls in on the wheels inevitability. Every step towards the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. Without persistent effort, time itself becomes an ally of the insurgent and primitive forces of irrational emotionalism and social destruction. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action.

We have learned to fly the air like birds and swim the sea like fish, but we have not learned the simple art of living together as brothers.

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.

Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. 

And I said to my little children, “I’m going to work and do everything that I can do to see that you get a good education. I don’t ever want you to forget that there are millions of God’s children who will not and cannot get a good education, and I don’ t want you feeling that you are better than they are. For you will never be what you ought to be until they are what they ought to be.”

Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies – or else? The chain reaction of evil – hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars – must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.

And so the first question that the priest asked, the first question that the Levite asked was, ‘If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?’ “But then the Good Samaritan came by, and he reversed the question: ‘If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?'”

“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?”

And there comes a time when we must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because it is right.

The end of life is not to be happy. The end of life is not to achieve pleasure and avoid pain. The end of life is to do the will of God, come what may.

Martin Luther King Jr

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." ~ 1 John 4:7-8

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." ~ John 4:9-12

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." ~ 1 John 4:16-18

But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast loveand faithfulness." ~ Psalms 86:15

"But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."  ~ Luke 6:35

“Those who attempt to conquer hatred by hatred are like warriors who take weapons to overcome others who bear arms. This does not end hatred, but gives it room to grow. But, ancient wisdom has advocated a different timeless strategy to overcome hatred. - The Buddha

“Those who consider the unessential to be essential, and see the essential as unessential, don’t reach the essential, living in the field of wrong intention.” – Buddha

“All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If the mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?” – Buddha

“The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”  – Buddha

“There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.” – Buddha

“In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.” – Buddha

“There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.” – Buddha

Maybe you are searching among the branches, for what only appears in the roots.- Rumi

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

“Love is an emerald, Its brilliant light wards off dragons, on this treacherous path.” - Rumi

“A life without love is of no account. Don’t ask yourself what kind of love you should seek, spiritual or material, divine or mundane, Eastern or Western. Divisions only lead to more divisions. Love has no labels, no definitions. It is what it is, pure and simple. Love is the water of life. And a lover is a soul of fire! The universe turns differently when fire loves water.” - Rumi

“Love is the house of God and you are living in that house.” - Rumi

“Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in heaven.” - Rumi

“You will learn by reading, but you will understand with LOVE.” - Rumi

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

“Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.” - Rumi

“To Love is to be God.
Never will a Lover’s chest
feel any sorrow.
Never will a Lover’s robe
be touched by mortals.
Never will a Lover’s body
be found buried in the earth.
To Love is to be God.” - Rumi

“Love is a river. Drink from it.” - Rumi

“I would love to kiss you. The price of kissing is your life.” - Rumi

“If you want to be more alive, love is the truest health.” - Rumi

“Love is the bridge between you and everything.” - Rumi

“Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” - Rumi

“I was dead, then alive.
Weeping, then laughing.

The power of love came into me,
and I became fierce like a lion,
then tender like the evening star.” - Rumi

“Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being. If not, leave this gathering. Half-heartedness doesn’t reach into majesty.” - Rumi

“You think of yourself
as a citizen of the universe.
You think you belong
to this world of dust and matter.
Out of this dust
you have created a personal image,
and have forgotten
about the essence of your true origin”

“You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?” - Rumi

“Love comes with a knife, not some shy question, and not with fears for its reputation!” - Rumi

“Our task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it”    ~ Rumi

“You think you are alive
because you breathe air?
Shame on you,
that you are alive in such a limited way.
Don’t be without Love,
so you won’t feel dead.
Die in Love
and stay alive forever.” - Rumi

“Love is not an emotion, it’s your very existence” - Rumi

“There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” – Buddha

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

- Marianne Williamson

If it’s not working..try plugging it in.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

This is false.

The Absolute does not subscribe to such dualistic logic.

Love is precisely Nothing.

Everything perceivable or conceivable is The Absolute & Love.

You speak of things you have not directly become conscious of.

So when I am directly conscious of another human being or beings and relating with them (positive or negatively), am I experiencing myself as Infinite Love in them and as them simultaneously?

How about from the egos perspective? Is that just a limited form of this Infinite Love?

36 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

You can also see it if you look.

I do, I was inquiring about you than actually seeking an answer.

@Nahm Wow.

Love is the only thing that ever feels like the truth. It is truth beyond mind. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

How exactly is the God in Christianity Love when he throws trillions of people into eternal Hell?

There's no eternal hell. That's just a lie. Everything eventually comes back to source, bliss, when they're ready to accept it.

Just now, Truth Addict said:

There's no eternal hell. That's just a lie. Everything eventually comes back to source, bliss, when they're ready to accept it.

Also, love is an eternal fire. xD

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

Also, love is an eternal fire. xD

Yes, that's one form of love. It's not permanent either.

I hope Leo makes a course about Infinite Love. Lots of confusion about this.

2 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

I hope Leo makes a course about Infinite Love. Lots of confusion about this.

There's no confusion, really. It's all about your circle of concerns. The larger it grows, the more loving you become (less suffering, more blissful). If you love only yourself, your love will be limited to what serves you. If you love your neighbours, your love will expand to include them, and so forth to infinity.

Imagine what infinite love is capable of loving. Now you get it ?

@Truth Addict I remember being an innocent kid, even though I had attachment issues and all + anxiety. I went to a strict private school, and on my first day of kindergarten (I skipped pre-K due to developmental issues), I made a best friend instantly. We played peek-a-boo while sitting at our desks across from each other, and the teacher yelled at us to stop. That is my first vivid memory of suffering. 

Ever since then, my innocence declined and snowballed to the point of immense anxiety and depression, among other things. 

Fast forward to today, and I’m starting to realize that all I ever wanted and want is Love. And all along this suffering I’ve been searching for it in neurotic ways. I’ve lost friends, girlfriends, family members, opportunities, you name it.

I’m here for this guys. I want to be conscious of this Love that I always knew before my innocence was “lost”. I want to be free of this bondage, and not separate myself from others anymore. 

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

There's no confusion. Everyone who says that everything is Love is wrong. Crystal clear.

Actually he said Love is Nothing

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

There's no confusion. Everyone who says that everything is Love is wrong. Crystal clear.

Ever considered there are things you are not yet conscious of? 

What does infinite intelligence have to do with self deception ? For what is it being self deceptive and intelligent 

what does diversity have to do with goodness ? For whom is it good for ? 

What does being have to do with creation ? For whom is creation serving ? 

What does consciousness have to do with free will ? From what reason is consciousness giving free will 

you see when you deal with systems of design such as my echo chamber, you always find that there’s a principality driver, a focal point orientated around the whole structure which is vital to the output of functions themselves to actually give them definitive meaning. So for example, with the echo chamber, i’m not going to say where the driver is. But the function of each output (each member) is to increase consciousness. 

The absolutes are the exact same “functions” for absolute infinity. 

Consciousness is actually still a function within the driver itself, why ? Because what purpose does consciousness have besides being a defined word for sentient vs non-sentient being “originally” defined in context of spiritual teachings. 

So what is the purpose of all “1 terms” and the answer it’s point to is... being able to love it’s own self and this includes yourself . 

Therefore in teaching love = consciousness 

but in its truest essence, love is being itself. The binder of all absolutes to design of reality itself. 

Therefore love = consciousness actually and consciousness =/= love. Because god is formless, it doesn’t need consciousness to survive. It doesn’t even need love to be itself because it’s unconditoknally binding. So what was the point of creation ? To CREATE love of itself. To be able to love it’s own self. 

The point of creating consciousness was to have a facet that doesn’t contradict unconditional love but let’s it take any form. Because if we all had the full power of unconditional love, we would essentially LIMIT or MAKE FINITE , infinity itself. 

Ergo, love is all that there is. And consciousness lets you experience this. Because god is beyond the design himself :) he created an illusory world to showcase himself to himself and the purpose of why he did it. And  that would happen to be enlightenment. 

People get confused, they think that direct experience is eliminated after enlightenment. It doesn’t, it gets decontextualise to direct experience of god and ergo it is possible to understand god for this reason and know what love is and why it is the answer to everything. And the completion of ones awakening 

~ aakash patel ~ 

since nahm forgot to leave me out of list of great people ?

i remember mikeal you said somewhere that why is the most useless question to ask. This is incorrect, why is the only question one can ask for god to understand its own self. And for you as human to understand. Why is the fundamental of existential questioning. It figures the more times you ask yourself why something occurs, the greater understanding of reality you will have. 

Edited by Aakash

14 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Ever considered there are things you are not yet conscious of? 

I guess a good metaphor for this would be like if you took a Star Wars geek who has seen the movies 1000 times, he may be shocked to discover something in a scene that he never saw the previous times he watched the same movies

3 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

I guess a good metaphor for this would be like if you took a Star Wars geek who has seen the movies 1000 times, he may be shocked to discover something in a scene that he never saw the previous times he watched the same movies

Good one. This work doesn't take lots of time for nothing. Just as we discover new insights there are always more. Most of us have barely scratched the depths of the teachings here. 

Things get trickier when we need to start decoding words to understand. 

36 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

I’m here for this guys. I want to be conscious of this Love that I always knew before my innocence was “lost”. I want to be free of this bondage, and not separate myself from others anymore. 

:x

Can Leo or anyone else please explain the origins of the word “Love”? I am not sure if Leo has explained it in one of his videos. 

Basically most enlightened beings aren’t completely enlightened simply because their understanding is partial. They’re actually still stuck in maya as well with a lot of enlightened beings on this forum. Understanding is love and truth is understanding which is inseparable to love. 

The maya that they’re stuck in is “I am love” but it’s too difficult to explain. If you can’t account for how you yourself created your own self, then you aren’t fully awoken. BecUse you don’t understand what it “being god” means.. 

but at the end of the day, I guess this is seperate to enlightenment itself. I’m saying they are enlightened just not to the highest degree. If you can’t understand that direct experience is all there is, then you actually have miles to go lol. And I don’t mean in the human conventional sense. 

Beczuse fhafs how you arrived at consciousness is all there is and then love is all there is. But you never asked yourself “why”. Lol the end of exestential question is the to why creation ? 

Love is the answer so it’s a shortcut. But lol, why is this the case. So at this point in unsure of a enlightened being who advocTes love and an enlightened being who understands truth. It’s very sneaky similarities, but it comes down to understanding. The more one understands the more enlightened they are. Kind of thing. So the better quality of teaching and that would represent love. So if the teaching is not about love or god- then it’s abit of a no brainier to understand that it’s not the highest understanding. But in the end there’s no difference to any of them ? How this is clearly a false equivalency. LOL. It doesn’t matter which way you slice it, all their direct experiences are different. They only way you could say it’s the same is if all direct experience disappeared. But because this hasn’t been understood, I can only presume there are false eauivalencies with the term enlightenment and there is from my no way to reach god. Which is what your talking about. There are just different highest truths which can probably constantly change since direct experience is subjective and this is what I expected with an enlightened society to happen. But it’s like I said, I thought omniscient status was far into the future. I didn’t expect Leo to say it’s true now. 

Which all means that consciousness is what you see in your direct experience which is no different to love or truth or understanding. It’s all one. Which is obvious consciousness is all around us, so what you said is a true statement. It’s just lacks the depth of understanding that love binds it alll together and is the higher truth to handle false equivalencies 

in other words all these are indestructible and can only be transformed, never eradicated because t would put itself outside of absolute infinity and existence which an impossibility y

Edited by Aakash