FoxFoxFox

What is love?

234 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

By your attitude it is clear that you are not awake to what Love is.

Because I refuse to conform to your forum's usage of the word "love" means nothing.

Is it a requirement to post on here? To conform to your teachings and wordage, or your deemed "not awake" and have an attitude? 

Perhaps, if you want to prove your point, you list what spiritual teachers use the word "love" to mean your true nature, on a regular basis. I'd like to look it up.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

18 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

Generally speaking does age really matter, though?

Yes, it generally matters because old people tend to get set in their ways.

I mean, you’ve seen the ending of Return of the Jedi... you know, Anakin Skywalker redeeming himself?

And you remember what happened to the Emperor, right?

9 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Because I refuse to conform to your forum's usage of the word "love" means nothing.

Is it a requirement to post on here? To conform to your teachings and wordage, or your deemed "not awake" and have an attitude? 

Perhaps, if you want to prove your point, you list what spiritual teachers use the word "love" to mean your true nature, on a regular basis. I'd like to look it up.

It's not about words or semantics. There is a distinct facet to awakening that is the realization of Absolute Love. This is a facet that you simply have not yet become conscious of. You might be conscious of the Self, or of Truth, or of Infinite Consciousness, but you are not conscious that the Self and Truth and Consciousness are Love. Or that the purpose of all Creation is Love.

That word Love rings hollow to your hears because you lack a reference experience for it. This can only be solved through a deep awakening into the existential nature of Love.

What teachers? How about the guy in my signature. Ever read his work?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

It's obvious you think you're right. I don't agree with you, so it is what it is.

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Anna1 said:

@Leo Gura

It's obvious you think you're right. I don't agree with you, so it is what it is.

No, he just loves you ;)

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

It's obvious you think you're right.

As obvious as Love.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That word Love rings hollow to your hears because you lack a reference experience for it.

Hm, I go back and reread and see you've added this insult. Again, you DO NOT know me. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 It's not an insult. It's simply a statement of your condition.

@Anna1 breath easy annabanana. I like your eye ? 

and if you don’t mind, would you share what love means to you? For most of my life love was a mystery, i could tell there were different forms and understandings/ideas but it was never very clear 

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

breath easy annabanana. I like your eye ? 

Haha!? Thanks.

Id rather not get all involved answering anything else in this thread.

No offense, but posting takes a lot out of me and I have to work in the morning. Plus, have a newish job, so won't be posting. 

See ya peeps!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Mikael89 It’s done out of Love ;)

In all serious though, count how many blessings you have had in your own personal life. Are you not in awe with how you were able to overcame those obstacles? Was there no Love involved?

@Anna1 ?

? see you, go ahead, you can sleep or work, but, you can’t hide :ph34r:

keep Being as you are, when life calls you can only do you booboo ?

I see it as the source having different qualities. Two of these qualities are

#1 An Awaring quality, all knowing, infinite. This is obvious that we are tempted to call the source awareness or consciousness. But I think it's important to note that those are just qualities of the absolute and not the absolute.

#2 A loving quality to experience,  unconditional, all-inclusive, borderless, oneness.

I would love (?) to hear people describe this loving quality further. 

8 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I see no reason to believe that love is the ultimate truth.

Because there is none. Love is beyond reason (if that wasn't obvious).

8 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

No, but I'm not buying that Love is the same thing as Consciousness/Truth/God and all that. 

Because you don't know what Consciousness/Truth/God is.

Check in with yourself whether you only accept what passes the filter of logic/doubt/the mind, or not. Can you see how limited that is?

The inability to perceive love stems from fear and clinging, those which stem from misunderstanding of reality, and are resolved by deep suffering/deep questioning.

Love knows no fear. Once you have broken past all of your fears, you will be able to see love.

Fear is usually expressed in the form of logical filters, such as: "is this true or false?" "can I trust this?" "what should I accept?" etc...

Love breaks all of that shit. Love is trust. Love is acceptance. Love is Truth.

You must learn how to love before love can show itself to you.

Edited by Truth Addict

You cannot answer the question What is Love in words. You have to experience it for yourself through deep self inquiry and meditation. We can drown in concepts and never get out. When you experience it, you'll know because your life will never be the same again. And you need no longer to seek. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

The common human notion of love is catered to our survival. 

It takes a radical shift in consciousness to let go of what we demonize because it inflicts on survival. 

Leo already has a video on love. You either  take Leo's pov with merit and do the practices to hopefully understand one day or you just continue with your own notion. 

At the end of the day the only blockade is you. It starts and ends with you. There is nothing to defend. Leo is just another pointer to what already is. 

Look past the conflict of what each person calls love. Leo is pointing to something beyond the label. 

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

The Absolute is Pure Consciousness/Awareness. And it has no qualities, it's beyond qualities/attributes/properties, hence it's called Pure.

A quality, like for example Love, is something clearly perceivable. Anything perceivable or conceivable is not The Absolute.

This is false.

The Absolute does not subscribe to such dualistic logic.

Love is precisely Nothing.

Everything perceivable or conceivable is The Absolute & Love.

You speak of things you have not directly become conscious of.

35 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

The Absolute is Pure Consciousness/Awareness. And it has no qualities, it's beyond qualities/attributes/properties, hence it's called Pure.

As we begin to talk about the absolute words are not enough. On the one hand there is no qualities. Pure as you say. Nothingness. But pure is also a quality. Having no quality is also a quality. 

On the other hand the absolute is infinite. The world is the absolute so it also has an infinite number of qualities. You and I is a quality within it. 

6 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

As we begin to talk about the absolute words are not enough. On the one hand there is no qualities. Pure as you say. Nothingness. But pure is also a quality. Having no quality is also a quality. 

On the other hand the absolute is infinite. The world is the absolute so it also has an infinite number of qualities. You and I is a quality within it. 

Ah someone who recognizes the paradox ?