FoxFoxFox

What is love?

234 posts in this topic

When you wake up, there is a moment of peace and quiet, then there is a thought, "I am", it then goes on and associates with objects of perception, "I am this" or "I am that", and this mesh of associative thoughts get bigger and bigger. It depresses the brain and wounds the heart throughout the day, until peace is momentarily restored again in sleep. I am the body. I am this person, i have this value and not that one. 

But the thoughts never become anything more. They remain thoughts through the whole affair, meanwhile the real Self, the light of awareness that upholds this grand play remains unbroken. These thoughts have nothing to do with the real you. They don't affect it. They don't hide it, and they don't obstruct it. A thought cannot obstruct awareness, the thought needs awareness like how a shadow needs a surface to be cast upon. Only in our case, awareness itself cannot know itself as an object. Its existence is self-evident. Awareness is light. Itself unseen, it illuminates everything. That light, which illuminates everything without prejudice, which does not differentiate, which is all permitting, and which does not judge or deny, is love. 

@Mikael89 Hehe...

You must awaken to what Love is to understand these discussions. We are not talking about romantic love here.

This requires an epic enligthenment experience which will melt your cold heart.

Contemplate: What is Love?

Hint #1: it is not what you think it is.

Hint #2: psychedelics make this contemplation a lot easier.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

You call it awareness. But then you add it a attribute: love.

Why would you do that. 

Just stick with awareness.

Hmm... I guess try asking yourself why the word "love" clicks for some people and not the word "awareness" and vice-versa.

39 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Leo Gura Okay. 

@Howard We don't all agree about love. But we all agree about that there is awareness. (With the exception of a few fools).

When I am talking about love and awareness, I am not talking about 2 different things, but 2 aspects of the same "thing".

@Mikael89 Get into some Kriya practices involving the heart chakra. You don't have to accept the chakra model, but the exercises can really help. Prolonged "samadhi" will eventually get you to understand regardless. 

11 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

But we all agree about that there is awareness. (With the exception of a few fools).

There isn't an awareness.

Love is your natural state.

B R E A T H E

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

There is. There might not be an awareness though. Since one implies many.

There is no such thing as awareness.

Whatever you come up with it is not that  <--- Not that either - to infinity :D 

Sailing on the ceiling 

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Not a thing, but there is awareness. You know what I mean.

I only know of the concept. I don't know awareness.

17 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Yea because you are awareness.

I am not awareness. If anything, then awareness is me.

2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

I am not awareness. If anything, then awareness is me.

:)

@Mikael89 He's not asleep, he just understands that awareness is just a title or word for what he's currently experiencing. That's all he means

You do know that pretty much all sages say what I'm saying about awareness?

Does that make it true though? 

Either you don't know what is meant with the word (quite common), or you are deeply asleep.

So, learning a thought will make me awake and conscious, and consciousness itself is irrelevant?! Way to flip things upside down!

And you wonder why you can't perceive love?

No I don't wonder why I can't perceive love.

I should rephrase that:

No wonder why you can't perceive love.

No I didn't say that.

You think that someone who knows (as in thinks/believes) that they are awareness is awake, and that someone who doesn't is asleep? Sounds like a duality.

Edited by Truth Addict

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

No. Someone can be awake without understanding what the word awareness points to. Which I said with: "Either you don't know what is meant with the word (quite common)..."

So you are either that, or deeply asleep.

What do you mean: "someone can be awake"?