Western Buddha

How can i convince myself that the problem is inside?

14 posts in this topic

I know the idea that all of our problems are from inner source and not from outer source so any outside action will not solve my problem,

but how can i convince my head to stop thinking the solution for my problems is by taking action outside?

20 minutes ago, Western Buddha said:

how can i convince my head to stop thinking the solution for my problems is by taking action outside?

You cannot convince it. You must experience it. And then experience it again, and again, and again.

You want to start with that? You must go for inquiry/contemplation when the problem comes.

When the stress and anxiety comes, instead of looking for the outside solution SIT DOWN AND ASK - "What is really going on?"

Even though you are not convinced it will work, give it a try. Take it as an experiment. Sit down and refuse any answer that comes from the mind, from the outside. If you can actually sit for enough time,  refuse the mind's explanation of the problem and keep asking for reality, soon you will discover personally that:

20 minutes ago, Western Buddha said:

all of our problems are from inner source and not from outer source

It's not easy in the beginning, but it's the only way.

Nike_1280-20150120104711373.jpg

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

1 hour ago, okulele said:

You cannot convince it. You must experience it. And then experience it again, and again, and again.

You want to start with that? You must go for inquiry/contemplation when the problem comes.

When the stress and anxiety comes, instead of looking for the outside solution SIT DOWN AND ASK - "What is really going on?"

Even though you are not convinced it will work, give it a try. Take it as an experiment. Sit down and refuse any answer that comes from the mind, from the outside. If you can actually sit for enough time,  refuse the mind's explanation of the problem and keep asking for reality, soon you will discover personally that:

It's not easy in the beginning, but it's the only way.

Nike_1280-20150120104711373.jpg

Can you recomand me vidoes of leo that explain how to do it right?

You don't need to go from one ideology saying all solutions are external to another ideology saying all solutions are internal. In fact, both of them are correct. It simply depends on the problem. You don't want to stay in situations that are obviously not good for you. At the same time you don't want to sabotage situations that in fact are good for you. Think for yourself and listen to your gut feeling.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

You can change how you perceive the situation, which leads to you finding a better solution externally.

Sometimes you just gotta talk to people, and they can share a different and more objective perspective. With the practice of mindfulness meditation, you can acquire this skill over the years, and you'll get better and better at it.

14 hours ago, Western Buddha said:

Can you recomand me vidoes of leo that explain how to do it right?

maybe the one about addiction touches on this a bit. But not completely.

But really, you don't need a video. Just remember, when the stress comes next time, sit down and keep patiently asking what it really is, even if it would mean burning in the fire of your emotions for 2 hours and not getting anything back.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

yes, 100% of problems are inside, yes it's hard for me to accept this fact, but hardcore consciousness work gives you the power and capability to realize that all the things outside are merely the reflection of your inside.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

We are in control of our thoughts and emotions. So if you have a problem, you can choose the way you feel about it. But the interaction with the outside world can make it much easier. Why to keep persuading yourself that something bad is not bad while you can just act or walk away from it so you don’t have to deal with it internally and can focus on more productive things.

I have an opinion on everything :D

Because your mind needs proof. It does not believe empty promises, it believes in what it can see and what worked in the past. 

This is like establishing a new habit that is not comfortable. The first couple of weeks you may need to push it until your subconscious mind accepts it and it becomes an effortless habit. So whether that is meditation or any other practice, just start doing it and with time, it will get more acceptable. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

13 hours ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

We are in control of our thoughts and emotions. 

I hope you don't mind me rephrasing this as it may be misinterpreted.

We are not in control of our thoughts, they simply arise. We are however, in control of the meaning and the stories behind the thoughts. 

And honestly, most thoughts are meaningless, ungrounded, and not worth taking too seriously. 

On 01/08/2019 at 10:25 PM, Western Buddha said:

but how can i convince my head to stop thinking the solution for my problems is by taking action outside?

Where does this belief come from? In this physical reality, the outer and inner are interconnected. Our external environment has a massive impact on us, as our brain is subconsciously shaped by stimuli, via neuroplasticity. 

When you pick up one end of a stick, so too do you pick up the other. External environment shapes our internal environment, via neuroplasticity, and our internal environment shapes our external choices. You need to work on both ends.

1 hour ago, Knock said:

We are not in control of our thoughts, they simply arise. We are however, in control of the meaning and the stories behind the thoughts. 

And honestly, most thoughts are meaningless, ungrounded, and not worth taking too seriously. 

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I suppose we all have different experiences. :)

Edited by JustThinkingAloud

I have an opinion on everything :D

What you consider a problem is based on an emotion you dont like. All emotions happen in your body. Meditate. Quite easy to realize this directly. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 8/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, Western Buddha said:

I know the idea that all of our problems are from inner source and not from outer source so any outside action will not solve my problem,

Via perception and thoughts you’ve created a perspective. 

Notice there is no actual “problem” to begin with. 

It’s a perspective you created. 

Can you create rather, with perception & sensation? 

The more nuts that sounds, the more it stands to be contemplated. 

Perhaps one can “See” a problem, in the sense Jesus could “See” a sickness.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The way I did it is simply understanding it, using reason and logic. One of the biggest steps in this way is understanding how your brain is working, like a magnet, having two polarities, negative and positive. All the negative does is questions, denies and hides what's on the positive side, in an irrational manner. Half of your brain is literally rational, while the other is irrational. You need both to be able to build real knowledge. It's required to build knowledge to detect false or changed knowledge, see you can't only build, sometimes your need to destroy to build something new and better. Another thing is to figure the direct correlation between these terms (they pretty much mean the same in your brain: doubts, needs, addictions, rules, enemy, alert, selfishness. And the emotions attached to these and only these things are fear, hate, guilt, shame, stress, anger. These are what sit in the negative pole of your brain. Love is in the positive side. Notice you can love and hate everything, every term, every thought, everything that exists. All problems you have are related to all these terms. You can understand it more and more by searching for the matching items, if you are stressed about work, then you will find the need you have to work, the fear of losing your job, that you hate it, and feel guilty or shameless about underperforming, the rule to get up every morning, the alert you get all the time making work coming to your mind, and the selfishness which probably makes you perform the bare minimum at work.  The more connections you find the more clear it will be that what you call the problem lies in your brain and is pretty much based on a "need" you think you have. This is all the ego is about, I advise you to research it

Edited by Litaken